Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.
Xana's Lair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Code Lyoko News Discussion

+25
SakraTheHedgie
Umbra Animus
juejue
Likki
Dr. J
The Pastamancer
Smartguy5000
Koneko on lyoko
Snickie
_Odd_
memoire-blanche
Dobermutt
aelitaxwilliam
cya6
TechnoSam
SearchingLyoko
Soul Jelly
Lyokofelinae
ArgentDandelion
Eilorae
Stella Luce 333
A_QueenOfFairys
SeeMeInTheShadows
Tsunamix
Atlas
29 posters

Page 6 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Code Lyoko News Discussion

Post by Koneko on lyoko Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:56 am

IT LOOKS SO AWESOME!! I'm really looking forward to this now, I'm hoping that it might be subbed, because I really don't feel like watching the dub especially if it's going to have different VAs. I mean I know their voices might change over time, but I find it really weird to watch things with different voices(same thing happened with Fairy Tail, I watched the Funimation dub and then tried the Animax dub and I didn't like it)
Also, 1:05 Ulrich epic power slide and 1:33 Odds face looks so cute, I kinda wanna pinch his cheeks Razz
Koneko on lyoko
Koneko on lyoko
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Female Posts : 3243

Character Sheet
Health::
Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue19/19Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
Energy::
Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue1/1Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)
Experience::
Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue0/0Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

http://kageyamas-hinata.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlas Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:05 am

Pros:

They fixed the towers model. New, but not ridiculous looking now. Me gusta.

Odd gets new scattergun gauntlets. This makes him the most overpowered member of the group. Seriously, anyone see that arrow carpet bomb on that one Krabe?

The action is not only more fluid, but faster and more detailed.

The locales got a massive upgrade. The Cortex looks like a fun place to romp around.

Effects underwent a massive upgrade. Those Monster Death Implosions are great.

William's outfit looks a lot better in practice than on paper. The clown-white skin isn't as horrible as I feared and the orange and black contrast nicely.

Cons:

While it's faster and more fluid, I'm concerned that the animation will end up looking too rubbery. I'm getting some serious The Clone Wars vibes, and idk if that's good or bad.

Virtualization scene way too corny. I have a thick skin and even I'm not sure I would be comfortable with someone next to me watching.

William isn't completely white anymore, but he's still got some way too pale skin. Why? Are we going for vampire?

In relation to the first con, the facial expression look like they are going way too far. It's not really a horrible thing by itself, but combined with the massive foreheads....

Why do we still have massive foreheads? Tone them down even just a little.

The Overdrive (the thing Yumi rides?) has some a ventral fin now. Why?

Somebody shut that music off.

Overall:

More hyped than before. My concerns in my eyes are mostly minor (save the rubber point). Wish we actually saw some news monsters and such, but I'm happy with what I got. Can't wait.
Atlas
Atlas
Admin (Atlas)
Admin (Atlas)

Male Posts : 5304

Character Sheet
Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue5/10Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (5/10)
Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue4/12Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (4/12)
Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue0/5Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/5)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsunamix Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:05 pm

I'm having trouble seeing what's so bad about the virtualization parts. Someone care to explain it to me?
Tsunamix
Tsunamix
Manta
Manta

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartguy5000 Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:23 pm

Overall, I'm more excited. But I'm still worried about this whole format thing; dubbing versus subbing versus new films.
Smartguy5000
Smartguy5000
Manta
Manta

Male Posts : 221

https://www.facebook.com/smartguy5000

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pastamancer Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:18 pm

I don't really like the way the animation looks. Their eyes stare into my soul. The actions are really fluid and it has a lot for facial expressions but I feel something is missing.

I also don't like the way the towers look I think the original ones looked perfect. The new ones just don't look very good and natural in Lyoko.

I guess you could say that technology marches forward, but fan opinion never changes.
The Pastamancer
The Pastamancer
Megatank
Megatank

Male Posts : 280

Back to top Go down

Post by A_QueenOfFairys Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:43 am

They frowned so much in that video :/ Everyone said Ulrich reminded them of an Angry Bird;

Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 6 Tumblr_mb1k6aQLnS1r7wla3o1_400

And the colours are kinda weird too...but otherwise I'm liking it.
A_QueenOfFairys
A_QueenOfFairys
Spectre
Spectre

Female Posts : 2255

http://a-queenoffairys.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by memoire-blanche Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:39 am

Let's make my own list...
Pros:
ODD'S OUTFIT. It's awesome. I really hated his Season 4 outfit. This one looks as if it was put some thought into. Yellow details make a huge difference. His gloves/arrow cannons also look much better. And he can shoot six at once! I hope Jeremy will keep up with reloading those arrows. Very Happy

THE CORTEX. People, I want that scene where William looks over at the Cortex as a hi-res wallpaper. It's so pretty.

Virtualization scenes are... okay. Different. Might need some more time to get used to them. The same goes for the way the monsters first explode into million pieces, then implode.

Cons:
The whole feeling about this animation... it's less impressive than even in Season 2. The backgrounds do not look that different, but the characters... they look like dolls. Their faces look paralyzed. I think their facial expressions are more natural in previous seasons. The way they move is also less pleasant to watch. When Ulrich tumbles across the surface of the sector, he seems to have little to no weight. It's weird. It doesn't look like animation made by professional animators in 2012. I've seen fan-made Lyoko sequences that look better. Except they were made by talented amateurs some 3 years ago. Duh.

Then, William. I was relieved to see that he's not as pale as on pictures we got earlier, but still he indeed looks sort of Edward Cullen-ish.

The towers... I can't really count them as a con. I like their design, although they look like borrowed from TRON:Legacy. They just don't fit in the existing sectors. The sectors look so organic and the towers are so high-tech. Aesthetic dissonance.

Overall, the trailer still keeps me excited! These are just excerpts, scenes cut out of context. Perhaps the whole thing will be more impressive. The Cortex definitely will.
memoire-blanche
memoire-blanche
Megatank
Megatank

Female Posts : 410

http://memoire-blanche.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by aelitaxwilliam Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:23 pm

First things first...GUYS I'M SO EXCITED IT LOOKS SO COOL OMG I'M EVEN MORE GLAD THAN EVER TO BE A PART OF THIS FANDOM alksdkasf!!!

The animation looks sharper, but at the same time, the added use of red is bugging me. I can't decide if I like how they incorporated the colour into the monsters' exploding/dying sequence. And I definitely do not like the towers still. Like Memo said, the sectors look organic, and they also look very nature-y (pardon my lack of better words Very Happy), but the towers are really jarring against the sector background. They really don't look like they belong. At the same time, it could be intentional on their part, and they want the towers to really stand out. I liked the old towers though, because the new ones make Lyoko look like less of a dream-scene sort of thing to look at. On the plus side though, the towers have stayed the same on the inside, it seems like. And it appears that the other warriors will spend more time inside them! At least Yumi dove into the tower. Smile The towers were always my favourite part of Lyoko, so I'm glad to see that.

And, uh, William's face. What is up with that. I was glad to see him helping/saving Ulrich though! They're going to become friends (ish)! Yay! I never wanted William to become evil in the first place, so I'm glad to see that he's being shown as a good person (I mean, looking at some CL fics, you'd think that William was inherently bad person...).

A_QueenOfFairys wrote:They frowned so much in that video :/ Everyone said Ulrich reminded them of an Angry Bird;

Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 6 Tumblr_mb1k6aQLnS1r7wla3o1_400

And the colours are kinda weird too...but otherwise I'm liking it.

Queen ily
aelitaxwilliam
aelitaxwilliam
Moderator (Desert Sector)

Female Posts : 4579

Character Sheet
Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue14/18Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (14/18)
Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue4/5Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (4/5)
Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue0/0Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartguy5000 Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:23 pm

“Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?”
Smartguy5000
Smartguy5000
Manta
Manta

Back to top Go down

Post by aelitaxwilliam Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:02 pm

I love the new cast pic! It's nice to get more glimpses of them I'm satisfied at least, since I think that's as close as the actors are going to get to the characters (though I'm guessing the one on the far left is William and I expected him to be paler and have darker hair...). One of their defining features has always been their face shapes, at least for me. And I don't think it's very realistic to expect them all to have pointy chins and wide and high foreheads. Razz

But, um, seriously. Code Lyoko seems to be at least getting the casting close, so I'm happy (and maybe I just really like RL Ulrich and Yumi; it could also be that).

@Michael; You’ve got to be kidding me. I’ve been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that? My guess is that when one really been far even as decided once to use even go want, it is then that he has really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like. It’s just common sense.
aelitaxwilliam
aelitaxwilliam

Character Sheet
Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue14/18Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (14/18)
Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue4/5Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (4/5)

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Luce 333 Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:11 pm

I love the trailer! I’m so excited to see this now…even more than I was before. Even though we only saw a tiny bit of live action, it fit in seamlessly…

Everything just looks so amazing! Once it airs, I think we can expect a major increase in our fandom…
Stella Luce 333
Stella Luce 333
Spectre
Spectre

Female Posts : 2637

Character Sheet
Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue7/17Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (7/17)
Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue3/3Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (3/3)

http://www.fanfiction.net/~stellaluce333

Back to top Go down

Post by A_QueenOfFairys Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:20 pm

True, but the small amount we have right now is causing some major disturbances in the Tumblr fandom. When I joined, as Evolution was only just announced, everything was nice and small and homely, but now there are a lot of arguments and stuff...that's the only negative thing I see about this season though, otherwise I get really excited every time something new is revealed.

Also Gulliver's hair reminds me of Elvis there I said it
A_QueenOfFairys
A_QueenOfFairys
Spectre
Spectre

Back to top Go down

Post by cya6 Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:13 pm

umm........

what? Kelly, the last part of your post wasn't supposed to make sense, was it? Cause Smartguy's post didn't, and neither did your response.
cya6
cya6
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Female Posts : 3491

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. J Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:15 pm

The Good:
Odd and Aelita are quite interesting, live action wise.
Jeremie's actor is spot on, as is Yumi's.
Is that a troll face on Odd's shirt?!

The Bad:
Jeremie's shirt, and the lack of turtleneck.
I can not tell live action William and Ulrich apart.
The lack of blondness for Odd.
Aelita has large nostrils.

The Ugly:
I hate the new scanner effect.
The colour change from blue to green.
Wardrobe color changes.
The aforementioned lack of Turtleneck.
Dr. J
Dr. J
Megatank
Megatank

Male Posts : 382

Character Sheet

http://forestfulloffreaks.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by aelitaxwilliam Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:58 pm

cya6 wrote:umm........

what? Kelly, the last part of your post wasn't supposed to make sense, was it? Cause Smartguy's post didn't, and neither did your response.

It's a meme thing. Very Happy I don't know where it comes from exactly, but I'd heard of it (and he said it on chatbox too, I'm pretty sure), so I googled what he said, and posted the response!

...I mean, yeah, it was supposed to make sense. Are you sure you're not an alien?! That is perfectly grammatical English there!
aelitaxwilliam
aelitaxwilliam

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Jelly Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:18 pm

A_QueenOfFairys wrote:True, but the small amount we have right now is causing some major disturbances in the Tumblr fandom. When I joined, as Evolution was only just announced, everything was nice and small and homely, but now there are a lot of arguments and stuff...that's the only negative thing I see about this season though, otherwise I get really excited every time something new is revealed.

Also Gulliver's hair reminds me of Elvis there I said it

Okay, seriously, what is going on with the tumblr fandom? Is it just that people are complaining about bits of the teaser and it's devolving into flame wars? 'Cause if that's the case... oh dear, wait until the actual series itself comes out. We've not even seen any live action yet. XD

Agree with the Elvis thing, haha.
Soul Jelly
Soul Jelly
Scyphozoa
Scyphozoa

Back to top Go down

Post by A_QueenOfFairys Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:25 am

I think I'll put it under a spoiler thing for disturbing stuff;

Spoiler:

It's hard to identify any single cause, but I'm guessing the surge in number of fans because of Evolution was one factor. Oh, and I know some anti-Oddlita people are dreading it because they think it's gonna become canon ¬_¬ Not a chance, but they won't believe me when I say that.

I just hope we get out of this rut soon. I'm not entirely involved, but lots of people are getting really upset over it and I'm worried it's just going to keep getting worse.

On another note, not looking forward to people guessing at the plotlines of the episodes when they come out, making assumptions about the actions and stuff because they can't understand what they're saying. Like watching say Jeremie and Aelita and guess that they're planning to go on a date when they're actually discussing Xana or something like that.
A_QueenOfFairys
A_QueenOfFairys
Spectre
Spectre

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartguy5000 Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:37 am

@ Kelly

It really is just common sense isn't it?
Smartguy5000
Smartguy5000
Manta
Manta

Back to top Go down

Post by Likki Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:53 am

Not trying to start any wars here, just wanted to say what I think about the trailer: I seriously do hope what we've seen (animation-wise) isnt't the final material we're gonna see in the episodes, because if that's the case... well, I'm not gonna like it. The animation as it is looks just sloppy, and unnatural (also, the mimics aren't quite there yet - look at the Ulrich vs. William scene. Not speaking of the kiddish way the characters are modeled). It's kind of a general problem with the animated series lately - it just seems the animators didn't took enough time to work on the animation. Maybe they were just time strucked. Either way, it's something they need to work on. There's still some time before 2013.

Also, not quite like the casting choices for the characters, but that's the whole other story.

But, putting the rant aside - I'm still interested in seeing what the creators got in the store for us. The show is so much more than just the animation after all.
Likki
Likki
Hornet
Hornet

Male Posts : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Jelly Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:28 am

@Queen - Oh wow, I had no idea it was that bad. I did see some anon hate, and I know tumblr anons are some of the worst people on the Internet, but... geez. -_- Welp, I'm staying out of it. Too much drama for me. They should all just join a forum. Wink

@Likki - Hey, no harm in voicing your opinion. ^^ You reckon, though? I thought the animation was pretty cool. Definitely agree it's far too cutesy but I know I wasn't going to like everything so I'll live with it, heh. I hate to say it, but I think they're post-production now... I'm betting that what we saw in the teaser is going to be the finished product.

Excellent final point there. I'm really interested to see what the live-action's going to be like. My thoughts are that it's going to be slightly cheesey/Narm-y, but hey, if that's how it goes it'll be part of its charm. Razz
Soul Jelly
Soul Jelly
Scyphozoa
Scyphozoa

Back to top Go down

Post by cya6 Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:33 am

I don't even know anything about these problems you're talking about. Like what is all this hate?

And Likki, eh, I'm not too angry about CLE. Mainly, I'm not getting my hopes too high. They're not gonna find the LWs incarnate, so I'm pretty please with who they found. And the animation, eh, if animation was a problem with my love of CL, I'd never have watched it in the first place. Honestly, CL animation is downright horrible. So I can't imagine hating CLE for something CL had even worse.
cya6
cya6
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by _Odd_ Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:10 am

This isn't even just anon hate. IDK what it is. You can't rant about anything..even if it's as general as you possibly can make it without it getting picked to pieces, then it starting petty drama. Something that should have been done LAST NIGHT kept on getting brought back up TODAY by people who knew little to nothing about what the person was actually trying to say in their rantings. I feel like there's no respect for anyone. There are times when I am in the wrong too, believe me...like when I argue. But voicing your feelings shouldn't be blown out of proportion the way they are on tumblr. I know it's my fault for letting it get to me, but it's been making me so freaking anxious about what I post.
_Odd_
_Odd_
Blok
Blok

Male Posts : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlas Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:00 am

Lot of talk about some pretty typical internet-hate if you ask me.
But I am ignorant of the actual scenario.
Atlas
Atlas
Admin (Atlas)
Admin (Atlas)

Male Posts : 5304

Character Sheet
Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue5/10Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (5/10)
Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue4/12Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (4/12)
Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue0/5Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/5)

Back to top Go down

Post by cya6 Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:11 pm

I've never noticed all the black in Aelita's Lyoko outfit. I have to say, it looks pretty cool. Of course, I've always loved black with any color. But I actually really like it.
cya6
cya6
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Koneko on lyoko Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:52 pm

I quite like that they have more defined eyes now when on Lyoko, you can see what colour they are.
Koneko on lyoko
Koneko on lyoko
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Female Posts : 3243

Character Sheet
Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue19/19Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue1/1Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

http://kageyamas-hinata.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next