Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.
Xana's Lair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Code Lyoko News Discussion

+25
SakraTheHedgie
Umbra Animus
juejue
Likki
Dr. J
The Pastamancer
Smartguy5000
Koneko on lyoko
Snickie
_Odd_
memoire-blanche
Dobermutt
aelitaxwilliam
cya6
TechnoSam
SearchingLyoko
Soul Jelly
Lyokofelinae
ArgentDandelion
Eilorae
Stella Luce 333
A_QueenOfFairys
SeeMeInTheShadows
Tsunamix
Atlas
29 posters

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Code Lyoko News Discussion Empty Code Lyoko News Discussion

Post by Atlas Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:44 pm

Some links to stuff would be nice. Can we get someone on that?
Atlas
Atlas
Admin (Atlas)
Admin (Atlas)

Male Posts : 5304

Character Sheet
Health::
Code Lyoko News Discussion Left_bar_bleue5/10Code Lyoko News Discussion Empty_bar_bleue  (5/10)
Energy::
Code Lyoko News Discussion Left_bar_bleue4/12Code Lyoko News Discussion Empty_bar_bleue  (4/12)
Experience::
Code Lyoko News Discussion Left_bar_bleue0/5Code Lyoko News Discussion Empty_bar_bleue  (0/5)

Back to top Go down

Code Lyoko News Discussion Empty Re: Code Lyoko News Discussion

Post by Tsunamix Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:36 pm

According to the CL website, the casting call has finished and they are already looking through the applicants.

In other news, the website has also announced (albeit in French) that the new CL Facebook game should be arriving soon.
Tsunamix
Tsunamix
Manta
Manta

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeMeInTheShadows Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:03 pm

Hey, I don't know if you know anything about it or not, but whatever happened to that MMORPG that was supposed to come out?
SeeMeInTheShadows
SeeMeInTheShadows
Mistress of Butterflies
Mistress of Butterflies

Female Posts : 4157

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1664845/

Back to top Go down

Post by A_QueenOfFairys Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:36 pm

Last I heard it went all chibified, then nothing.

And the auditions are over already, they had trouble finding a Japanese 16-year-old to play Yumi, but I think they've solved it now. Filming's still a month and a half away though.
A_QueenOfFairys
A_QueenOfFairys
Spectre
Spectre

Female Posts : 2255

http://a-queenoffairys.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsunamix Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:11 am

SeeMeInTheShadows wrote:Hey, I don't know if you know anything about it or not, but whatever happened to that MMORPG that was supposed to come out?
Last I heard, it was delayed and no one has a definite release date at the moment. Seeing as they're having this new Facebook game that's getting much more hype, I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually abandoned the idea.
Tsunamix
Tsunamix
Manta
Manta

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Luce 333 Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:14 am

Not sure if this is news, but Carton Netwrk had ther Upfrnt a few weeks ago, & I didn't see any mentn of Code Lyoko...For bettr or worse, they don't have the rights to show it yet...

Of corse, since it isn't filmd yet, we might not know anythng abot whch netwrks will have it untl the filmng is finshd...
Stella Luce 333
Stella Luce 333
Spectre
Spectre

Female Posts : 2637

Character Sheet
Code Lyoko News Discussion Left_bar_bleue7/17Code Lyoko News Discussion Empty_bar_bleue  (7/17)
Code Lyoko News Discussion Left_bar_bleue3/3Code Lyoko News Discussion Empty_bar_bleue  (3/3)
Code Lyoko News Discussion Left_bar_bleue0/0Code Lyoko News Discussion Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

http://www.fanfiction.net/~stellaluce333

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:47 pm

Tsunamix wrote:

Looks like we have a trailer for the new Facebook game. From what I see, it looks promising; you even get to play as William. Another interesting is that even though your character selection is limited, you can personalize their appearance (black Odd and blonde Ulrich anyone?).

Oh dear, Aelita looks strange with blond hair!
Though notice William has has original outfit back... possible hint that he will return to Lyoko in S5 and is out of XANA's reach? (As some said he'd keep the XANA outfit).

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilorae Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:05 pm

That would be me about William staying possessed. But it could be Pre- s4 when the video game is taking place.
Eilorae
Eilorae
Spectre
Spectre

Female Posts : 2951

Character Sheet
Code Lyoko News Discussion Left_bar_bleue101/21Code Lyoko News Discussion Empty_bar_bleue  (101/21)
Code Lyoko News Discussion Left_bar_bleue2/4Code Lyoko News Discussion Empty_bar_bleue  (2/4)
Code Lyoko News Discussion Left_bar_bleue0/0Code Lyoko News Discussion Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlas Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:47 pm

Tsunamix wrote:[(black Odd and blonde Ulrich anyone?)

Only if it comes with a Samuel Jackson voice.
Atlas
Atlas
Admin (Atlas)
Admin (Atlas)

Character Sheet
Code Lyoko News Discussion Left_bar_bleue5/10Code Lyoko News Discussion Empty_bar_bleue  (5/10)
Code Lyoko News Discussion Left_bar_bleue4/12Code Lyoko News Discussion Empty_bar_bleue  (4/12)
Code Lyoko News Discussion Left_bar_bleue0/5Code Lyoko News Discussion Empty_bar_bleue  (0/5)

Back to top Go down

Post by ArgentDandelion Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:25 pm

My Comments on the PDF:

MegaPod: Kind of reminds me of two vehicles used in the Mega Race scene in Spy Kids 3-D: Game Over. First, the pie-throwing one Juni used, and the one with a lunging clamp Demetra used in an attempt to crush Juni. However, closer inspection of the three vehicles reveals that, other than having big, dark wheels and a golden-yellow coloration, they do not share similarities. (If desired, I could show you all a chart of the three vehicles.)

The Ninjas. Other than the black (although it looks green in the PDF) “bodysuits” and masked faces, they do not bear resemblance to actual or popular-media ninjas. They could use a better name---maybe Mantises? (referring to their green blades, stealthy tactics and the recurrent insect/arthropod theme of XANA monster designs and names)

Although human vs. human/human vs. humanoid combat is quite common (sometimes arbitrarily so) and thus unoriginal, the designs and concepts are not bad. I predict Ulrich will have some swordsman-versus-swordsman fights with them, akin to his fights with William.

The Cortex's design feels similar to Star Wars. (something I could never become interested in or really understand)

The idea of the Cortex's potentially ever-shifting ground is unique. It adds to the danger and mystique of the Sector.

Aside from the inexplicable chairs and cabinets, the set for the Factory seems as spot-on as realistically possible, considering the real Factory was demolished years ago. The ceiling seems lower, but I hope they still have ropes to swing off. Swinging off or sliding down ropes is cool.

I don't feel too against the “Scanner Dock” concept/concept art. However, I do hope they provide an explanation for it.

I am glad the Supercomputer/calculator art is just a 'rough,' because they should not remove the quasi-mystical cooling grid-base. I hope they add it later.

The Lab seems pretty similar to how it was in prior Seasons. I hope they add a green glow and wall color to scenes taking place there later on.

Odd: Go easy on the yellow. The yellow arm stripes feel outrageous. (but, as Odd is sort of supposed to be “outrageous” in appearance, I feel my comment is like complaining about a chili pepper being hot.)

Yumi: I think it has the same feel as it did earlier. One perk is that she seemingly has a smaller chest than she did in Season 4. The hair clips do not fit her personality, but they are easy to overlook, so I excuse them.

William: I think the grey complexion should be toned down or removed. He's not a zombie; he is a human just like them. He did not have or need grey skin when under XANA's possession earlier.

Yumi Stick: GO GO YUMI STICK! It is about time she had a close-quarters weapon. (Yes, I know she used her fan(s) as a close-range weapon in the video games, but they do not quite count.) Technically, the “Yumi Stick” is a bō, a
long staff weapon used in feudal Japan.

I don't like Odd's new gauntlet-weapon. It looks too...technological. Although the Season 4 outfits looked space-agey/sci-fi-like, they did
not actually use sci-fi weapons. Odd's arrows still shot out of his wrist with no arrow-holes in sight. But, if the weapon is a 'trick Lazer Arrow launcher,' (akin to Artemis's---from Young Justice----'trick arrows') and launches things like freezing Lazer Arrows instead of plain lasers or pulses, I could become used to it.

I can see the Official Cosplay Gear potential in Aelita's bracelet. Great, another simple ripoff watch, like the Ben 10 Omnitrix toy my
brother had. Still, it might have a purpose, and if it serves a purpose, I am fine with it.

William's sword looks different. I could complain, but why should I? It conveys roughly the same feel.

No. Please change the Tower design. At least make it paler and rounder and add a root-cable motif.

Last edited by ArgentDandelion on Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I needed to fix the text formatting.)
ArgentDandelion
ArgentDandelion
Hornet
Hornet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:10 am

Oh I don't like the towers.
But I'm loving the concept on XANA re-appearing, a new sector (Cortex), a new villian using the sector and new enemies to aid XANA, and William being on the team now.

And the Factory looks nicer than expected, but don't like the draft of the super-computer, looks way too small.

I just hope as others said, they explain the changes, as to why all the towers changed, as to why there's a virtual sun/lighting etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by A_QueenOfFairys Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:20 am

The Yumi Stick.

Her outfit looks so much nicer than her season 4 one :'D But yeah, Odd's has way too much yellow on it...Aelita's looks nice with the darker colours.
And the live action sets look pretty cool. Not too accurate, but they did a pretty good job nonetheless.

Also! On the naming of the ninjas, because a lot of people think it's a silly name, remember that Odd's the one who names things and it will all make sense.

And some plot points arise; Alan Meyer and William's sword with the Xana symbol. Tumblr has come up with some comedic theories (for example I like to think Alan Meyer is related to the maths teacher in some way) but it'd be nice to know what's actually going to happen. Like will William be evil again?

I've been on such a high today, it was a really great day.
A_QueenOfFairys
A_QueenOfFairys
Spectre
Spectre

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsunamix Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:30 am

ArgentDandelion wrote:My Comments on the PDF:

MegaPod: Kind of reminds me of two vehicles used in the Mega Race scene in Spy Kids 3-D: Game Over. First, the pie-throwing one Juni used, and the one with a lunging clamp Demetra used in an attempt to crush Juni. However, closer inspection of the three vehicles reveals that, other than having big, dark wheels and a golden-yellow coloration, they do not share similarities. (If desired, I could show you all a chart of the three vehicles.)

The Ninjas. Other than the black (although it looks green in the PDF) “bodysuits” and masked faces, they do not bear resemblance to actual or popular-media ninjas. They could use a better name---maybe Mantises? (referring to their green blades, stealthy tactics and the recurrent insect/arthropod theme of XANA monster designs and names)

Although human vs. human/human vs. humanoid combat is quite common (sometimes arbitrarily so) and thus unoriginal, the designs and concepts are not bad. I predict Ulrich will have some swordsman-versus-swordsman fights with them, akin to his fights with William.

The Cortex's design feels similar to Star Wars. (something I could never become interested in or really understand)

The idea of the Cortex's potentially ever-shifting ground is unique. It adds to the danger and mystique of the Sector.

Aside from the inexplicable chairs and cabinets, the set for the Factory seems as spot-on as realistically possible, considering the real Factory was demolished years ago. The ceiling seems lower, but I hope they still have ropes to swing off. Swinging off or sliding down ropes is cool.

I don't feel too against the “Scanner Dock” concept/concept art. However, I do hope they provide an explanation for it.

I am glad the Supercomputer/calculator art is just a 'rough,' because they should not remove the quasi-mystical cooling grid-base. I hope they add it later.

The Lab seems pretty similar to how it was in prior Seasons. I hope they add a green glow and wall color to scenes taking place there later on.

Odd: Go easy on the yellow. The yellow arm stripes feel outrageous. (but, as Odd is sort of supposed to be “outrageous” in appearance, I feel my comment is like complaining about a chili pepper being hot.)

Yumi: I think it has the same feel as it did earlier. One perk is that she seemingly has a smaller chest than she did in Season 4. The hair clips do not fit her personality, but they are easy to overlook, so I excuse them.

William: I think the grey complexion should be toned down or removed. He's not a zombie; he is a human just like them. He did not have or need grey skin when under XANA's possession earlier.

Yumi Stick: GO GO YUMI STICK! It is about time she had a close-quarters weapon. (Yes, I know she used her fan(s) as a close-range weapon in the video games, but they do not quite count.) Technically, the “Yumi Stick” is a bō, a
long staff weapon used in feudal Japan.

I don't like Odd's new gauntlet-weapon. It looks too...technological. Although the Season 4 outfits looked space-agey/sci-fi-like, they did
not actually use sci-fi weapons. Odd's arrows still shot out of his wrist with no arrow-holes in sight. But, if the weapon is a 'trick Lazer Arrow launcher,' (akin to Artemis's---from Young Justice----'trick arrows') and launches things like freezing Lazer Arrows instead of plain lasers or pulses, I could become used to it.

I can see the Official Cosplay Gear potential in Aelita's bracelet. Great, another simple ripoff watch, like the Ben 10 Omnitrix toy my
brother had. Still, it might have a purpose, and if it serves a purpose, I am fine with it.

William's sword looks different. I could complain, but why should I? It conveys roughly the same feel.

No. Please change the Tower design. At least make it paler and rounder and add a root-cable motif.

Regarding the ninjas: Yeah, because Tarantulas look so much like the hairy spiders.

As for William, me and Brandon have theorized that that's not William, but XANA taking the form of William, hence the complexion (like XANA-Ulrich from Revelation).

As for the scanner dock, it's a creative liberty. What's to explain? I mean, would you ask Christopher Nolan to explain why his version of Batman's lair is different from the comics or animated series?

Also, keep in mind that this is just a work in progress. Nothing is finalized yet.

Last edited by Tsunamix on Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tsunamix
Tsunamix
Manta
Manta

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyokofelinae Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:35 am

Tsunamix wrote:

Looks like we have a trailer for the new Facebook game. From what I see, it looks promising; you even get to play as William. Another interesting is that even though your character selection is limited, you can personalize their appearance (black Odd and blonde Ulrich anyone?).

Code Lyoko News Discussion Tumblr_lye33rAxR91qkdmpxCode Lyoko News Discussion Tumblr_lye3jdkEPT1qkdmpx

All the new code lyoko updates are awesome and some of them are lame. i kinda want Odd's gauntlet because it badass and can shoot many arrows from one gauntlet and i can punch and scratch at the same time C:

I love the new code lyoko game, i should try it and if it good i could add some of you and we can have War
Lyokofelinae
Lyokofelinae
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Male Posts : 3043

Character Sheet
Code Lyoko News Discussion Left_bar_bleue13/27Code Lyoko News Discussion Empty_bar_bleue  (13/27)
Code Lyoko News Discussion Left_bar_bleue1/2Code Lyoko News Discussion Empty_bar_bleue  (1/2)

http://lyokofelinae247.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Code Lyoko News Discussion Empty Code Lyoko News Discussion

Post by Stella Luce 333 Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:45 am

I can't help but wondr who this Alan Meyr is, & if he might be connctd some how to Franz or to Prjct Carthge...?
Stella Luce 333
Stella Luce 333
Spectre
Spectre

Female Posts : 2637

Character Sheet
Code Lyoko News Discussion Left_bar_bleue7/17Code Lyoko News Discussion Empty_bar_bleue  (7/17)
Code Lyoko News Discussion Left_bar_bleue3/3Code Lyoko News Discussion Empty_bar_bleue  (3/3)

http://www.fanfiction.net/~stellaluce333

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Jelly Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:41 pm

On the whole, I'm pretty excited. Can't say I like the new tower designs too much, nor the elimination of Yumi's tessen fans, and I'm wondering how they're going to handle the fact that a human (non-possessed?) seems to be co-operating with XANA. I'm thinking it's going to be a "Giovanni-and-Mewtwo" kind of deal.

I also LOVE the Cortex design. Very Star Wars.

More thoughts as I can add them. But yeah, not too many qualms from me. Very Happy
Soul Jelly
Soul Jelly
Scyphozoa
Scyphozoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilorae Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:55 pm

@Soul- If you notice closely on that page, you can see Yumi's star in one hand and her fan in the other one. If anything I think that she is just loosing one fan if that.

I don't like Aelita's new outfit, to me those darker colors seem like she is über some darker influence. Which that is exactly the opposite of what the LW fight for. But I'm interested at what Aelita's new bracelet thing is going to do.
Eilorae
Eilorae
Spectre
Spectre

Character Sheet
Code Lyoko News Discussion Left_bar_bleue101/21Code Lyoko News Discussion Empty_bar_bleue  (101/21)
Code Lyoko News Discussion Left_bar_bleue2/4Code Lyoko News Discussion Empty_bar_bleue  (2/4)

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Jelly Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:18 pm

Eilorae wrote:@Soul- If you notice closely on that page, you can see Yumi's star in one hand and her fan in the other one. If anything I think that she is just loosing one fan if that.

Ah yes, you and Suna both rightly pointed this out. But I'm guessing that the introduction of the staff will mean her fans (if they're not now just for decoration) may become a secondary weapon. Otherwise, why have both? They both kind of serve a similar purpose, at least defensively; spin 'em fast to deflect lasers and such.

We shall see.
Soul Jelly
Soul Jelly
Scyphozoa
Scyphozoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyokofelinae Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:10 am

Soul_Jelly wrote:
Eilorae wrote:@Soul- If you notice closely on that page, you can see Yumi's star in one hand and her fan in the other one. If anything I think that she is just loosing one fan if that.

Ah yes, you and Suna both rightly pointed this out. But I'm guessing that the introduction of the staff will mean her fans (if they're not now just for decoration) may become a secondary weapon. Otherwise, why have both? They both kind of serve a similar purpose, at least defensively; spin 'em fast to deflect lasers and such.

We shall see.

I don't like the idea of yumi sick, i wonder how is she going to use it? is she going to whack the monster like pappermade animal inside with goodies.

I really want her to have Staff like spear. something like this

Code Lyoko News Discussion 100px-Ten_Commandments_Mel_ForceCode Lyoko News Discussion Bisento
Lyokofelinae
Lyokofelinae
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Male Posts : 3043

Character Sheet
Code Lyoko News Discussion Left_bar_bleue13/27Code Lyoko News Discussion Empty_bar_bleue  (13/27)
Code Lyoko News Discussion Left_bar_bleue1/2Code Lyoko News Discussion Empty_bar_bleue  (1/2)

http://lyokofelinae247.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilorae Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:57 am

Maybe it would be like a dull sword or something like that. Krankerlat baseball anyone? That or it could be along the lines of a pole vault.
Eilorae
Eilorae
Spectre
Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlas Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:12 pm

I said earlier that the Yumi Stick (name pending I hope) is more of a utility thing meant to augment her agility.

So used as a pole vault, or maybe some kind of way to keep ninjas out of her face with swords. Or just hitting things could work, but it seems unlikely since wood doesn't really compare to sharp/energy fans, swords, arrows and energy balls.
Atlas
Atlas
Admin (Atlas)
Admin (Atlas)

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilorae Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:29 pm

We don't know for sure if it's really made out of wood. Because if it was then it couldn't bend, which is needed for it to be used as pole vault.
Eilorae
Eilorae
Spectre
Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlas Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:38 pm

Eilorae wrote:We don't know for sure if it's really made out of wood. Because if it was then it couldn't bend, which is needed for it to be used as pole vault.

And maybe the thing can fold into itself like a lightsaber, which is how she pole vaults; by extending the length.
/theorycrafting like a pro
Atlas
Atlas
Admin (Atlas)
Admin (Atlas)

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by A_QueenOfFairys Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:26 pm

Well their new enemies are humanoid. I don't imagine her fans would act as a good defence against dual blades.
A_QueenOfFairys
A_QueenOfFairys
Spectre
Spectre

Back to top Go down

Post by SearchingLyoko Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:36 pm

My guess is that this Alan Meyer is the new supervillain, head of an evil corporation/organization which has woken up XANA for his own malicious purposes, which may or may not have to do with Project Carthage.

The Ninjas sort of remind me of the black swarm from Garage Kids, but even moreso of that Ben 10 monster thing (I don't watch the show so I have no idea what it's called)

Initially, I see some stuff which I like, and others that I don't, but it's 2 am and I cannot elaborate at this time. Overall, I'm content for the moment at what they're doing.
SearchingLyoko
SearchingLyoko
Tarantula
Tarantula

Male Posts : 585

http://www.codelyokounited.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next