Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.
Xana's Lair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Code Lyoko News Discussion

+25
SakraTheHedgie
Umbra Animus
juejue
Likki
Dr. J
The Pastamancer
Smartguy5000
Koneko on lyoko
Snickie
_Odd_
memoire-blanche
Dobermutt
aelitaxwilliam
cya6
TechnoSam
SearchingLyoko
Soul Jelly
Lyokofelinae
ArgentDandelion
Eilorae
Stella Luce 333
A_QueenOfFairys
SeeMeInTheShadows
Tsunamix
Atlas
29 posters

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 11 Empty Re: Code Lyoko News Discussion

Post by aelitaxwilliam Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:01 pm

No one else I know actually does this, but I tend to phrase my hellos as questions when I answer the phone. "Hello?" rather than "Hello" Maybe Odd is one of those odd (hAHA GET IT) few that does that.

Jeremie's voice is throwing me off because he sounds unnecessarily nerdy and stunted in some of his lines. Like, the kind of nerdy tone I think of when I'm thinking of bad stereotypes about smart people. I've never been his biggest fan, but I'm not a huge fan of how is VA is "portraying" him.

I could complain about Laura's, but I don't even know what to say. I want to say it isn't how I imagined it, but the thing is, I don't know how I imagined it in the first place.

I miss Odd's other voice, but he has to have gone through puberty by now, so hey, it did have to change at some point.

Ulrich's voice is okay. I wish it were deeper (along with Odd's), but ehh, there are larger problems.

I'm not crazy about Yumi's, but it's one of the better ones.

I kind of like William's. The more I watch the video, the more his voice grows on me. watched it one more time OMG WILLIAM'S VOICE ALSFAKJSKL

I imagined Jim to have more bite to his bark, but it's fine. Razz

Aelita's strange pronounciation aside (good catch, Cya, because I didn't notice that until I went back and heard how strange it was), her VA isn't bad. It still doesn't sound exactly "right" to me, but that's life, I guess.

I'm complaining a lot here, but with time, I'm sure, I won't mind anymore. This kind of thing happens whenever there's a change. I'm still super excited for CLE. But I think it's fun to talk about the changes between CLE and seasons 1-4.
aelitaxwilliam
aelitaxwilliam
Moderator (Desert Sector)

Female Posts : 4579

Character Sheet
Health::
Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 11 Left_bar_bleue14/18Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 11 Empty_bar_bleue  (14/18)
Energy::
Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 11 Left_bar_bleue4/5Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 11 Empty_bar_bleue  (4/5)
Experience::
Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 11 Left_bar_bleue0/0Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 11 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pastamancer Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:45 am

I don't particularly like any of the voices, but I'll hopefully get used to it. It all seems wrong or a bit off.
The Pastamancer
The Pastamancer
Megatank
Megatank

Male Posts : 280

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Luce 333 Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:30 am

It’s really good, imo…Jeremy’s voce is a little annoying, but I’ll probably get over it…

If they dubbed the trailer in English, does that mean that the entire show will be dubbed in English & posted online?
Stella Luce 333
Stella Luce 333
Spectre
Spectre

Female Posts : 2637

Character Sheet
Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 11 Left_bar_bleue7/17Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 11 Empty_bar_bleue  (7/17)
Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 11 Left_bar_bleue3/3Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 11 Empty_bar_bleue  (3/3)
Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 11 Left_bar_bleue0/0Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 11 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

http://www.fanfiction.net/~stellaluce333

Back to top Go down

Post by Dobermutt Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:51 pm

It's a good thing Moonscoop announced that those aren't the final voices for the dub. I think they're ok, except for Jeremie. I really didn't like his voice. But that's just my opinion.
Dobermutt
Dobermutt
Scorpion
Scorpion

Female Posts : 1000

Character Sheet

http://thedobermutt.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Koneko on lyoko Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:11 am

I think Jeremies voice is the only one that I'm really not that keen on :L I'm just happy that they didn't have to replace the actors, it's rather refreshing to see something live action dubbed in English from another language rather than the other way around.

I know that I'll have to watch it online anyway, because it either won't come out in the UK at all or I'll be waiting a bloody long time for it -3-
Koneko on lyoko
Koneko on lyoko
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Female Posts : 3243

Character Sheet
Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 11 Left_bar_bleue19/19Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 11 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 11 Left_bar_bleue1/1Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 11 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

http://kageyamas-hinata.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by juejue Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:15 am

I pretty much agree with everyone here. Jeremie kinda sounded way too nerdy. I couldn't help but laugh when I heard his dubbed voice. Also Jim... No. I don't like it. It doesn't sound like Jim, you know? It's too normal.. (if that makes any sense)

Aelita sounded... I dunno. Ulrich and Yumi have one of the better sounding voices. I could get used to those quickly. I don't really mind Laura's voice. It's pretty to listen to.

But William...
WHy?
Why does he sound so evil? Haha. He sounds like a villain. But I like it anyways. It makes hims sound mysterious... kinda.

The English voices aren't that bad. But it will take a while to get used to.
juejue
juejue
Scorpion
Scorpion

Female Posts : 1408

http://tae4.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cya6 Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:22 am

"Ehh, simple students like you."

When he said that, ugh. I still can't even.

I'm glad these aren't the final voices.
cya6
cya6
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Female Posts : 3491

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by A_QueenOfFairys Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:50 pm

When he said "you're a psycho, Odd" I thought he sounded like the stereotypical bully/young bad guy. The noise Ulrich makes when he falls off the cliff makes me laugh every time.
A_QueenOfFairys
A_QueenOfFairys
Spectre
Spectre

Female Posts : 2255

http://a-queenoffairys.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeMeInTheShadows Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:31 pm

So I get that those probably won't be the voices we get if (when?) we get an English dub.

But can I just say that I like them about 100000000X better than the original VAs. I mean, seriously. If you go back and watch CL and listen to the voices without letting any sentimentality getting in your way...

Well, quite frankly, they're a little (very much) terrible.

William sounds like me when I have the flu, Ulrich is usually passable, Yumi. Like. Pauses. With every word. and has. INFLECTIONS. Aelita is the most passable. Jeremie also sounds nasily, and dorky. And Odd....let's please not talk about Odd's voice in the original.

This trailer, Jeremie sounds a bit too dorkish, but that's my only problem.
SeeMeInTheShadows
SeeMeInTheShadows
Mistress of Butterflies
Mistress of Butterflies

Female Posts : 4157

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1664845/

Back to top Go down

Post by cya6 Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:36 pm

Jeremie either sounds congested or like a girl. Aelita was just a breathy version of Jeremie's voice (same VA). Odd, ugh. Ulrich was just kinda grunty and also sounded like a girl. William meh. Yumi had weird pronunciations, and also sounded congested.

Sissi was eh. Milly was a nasally sissi, Milly's alright. Johnny and Hiroki sound like girls.

But basically, they all sound like each other, which is cause they're all protrayed by the same six VAs. I don't like the old ones a bit (nostalgia aside)
cya6
cya6
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snickie Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:52 pm

I loved Odd's voice. The inflections were kind of theatrical and whatnot, which I always thought described Odd wonderfully. As for the new voice, I've a very mixed opinion.

I think it's perfectly acceptable that Johnny and Hiroki sound like girls - they're younger, remember? They probably haven't fully hit puberty yet. I've heard some pre-puberty boys whose voices sound girlier than they do.

I'm pretty sure that Milly shares her VA with Yumi, and also Odd's mom in "Bad Connection", and Heidi in "The Lake" (who had a different VA in "XANA's Kiss"). I remember "Missing Link", "Saint Valentine's Day", and one other episode, Yumi sounded kind of strange, but I'd rather attribute it to maybe her VA had a sore throat.

Ulrich's was fine to me and I never really had a problem with it.

I remember thinking, even as a second grader, that Jeremie's voice sounded younger in some of the 1st season episodes than others. And then I was very surprised to hear his voice in the 3rd season when I watched it for the first time last year. I still notice a striking difference when I watch s1/2 and 3/4 episodes back-to-back.
Aelita's voice changed a little bit between the first and second season. The first season was breathy, the second season became more normal, except she squealed way too much on Lyoko imo.

I loved Jim and Mrs. Hertz's voices. I hope they manage to keep those.

I think we would have better enjoyed the characters' voices as they were if the VAs weren't so overstretched.
Snickie
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Female Posts : 3198

http://snickiedude@deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dobermutt Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:29 am

I loved Odd's squeaky voice! It bothered me that Jeremie's voice kept changing, but I liked it best in season 3. Aelita's voice did change quite a bit. I think she sounded older in the first season and then began to sound younger...but that's just my opinion. I agree with Snickie, Jim and Mrs. Hertz voices were perfect! I think I pretty much liked all of their voices, though perhaps because as a child I really didn't question character voices. Ha ha. Smile
Dobermutt
Dobermutt
Scorpion
Scorpion

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlas Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:40 am

So what's the overall impressions we've got from the teaser?

I know they had a couple answers from the people at the show which seemed positive, but how do you think CLE will translate to a general viewer?
Atlas
Atlas
Admin (Atlas)
Admin (Atlas)

Male Posts : 5304

Character Sheet
Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 11 Left_bar_bleue5/10Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 11 Empty_bar_bleue  (5/10)
Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 11 Left_bar_bleue4/12Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 11 Empty_bar_bleue  (4/12)
Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 11 Left_bar_bleue0/5Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 11 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/5)

Back to top Go down

Post by Snickie Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:41 pm

On the new trailer Tsunamix posted:
I'm impressed. I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE IT. Even if I can barely understand a single word they're saying.
Snickie
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Back to top Go down

Post by cya6 Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:43 pm

someone translate please!

thank you very much

It looks pretty darn cool Very Happy
cya6
cya6
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snickie Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:57 pm

Can I just say that I'm absolutely LOVING THE SOUNDTRACK RIGHT NOW? <3
Snickie
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Back to top Go down

Post by aelitaxwilliam Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:59 pm

I had a really hard time watching it because I kept on pausing. I was so afraid they were going to screw it all up that I couldn't watch it in intervals of more than ten seconds. I really like the new opening though. It's cool!

QUEEN WORK YOUR TRANSLATING MAGIC FOR US MERE MORTALS

@Atlas; good discussion point. So far, it doesn't look bad. I wouldn't say that it'd hook me in right away as a viewer who's never seen CL before, but I think I'd keep on watching it.

About the previous discussion about voices—I'm not sure if it's possible to fully remove my biases, but I still like Ulrich's old voice. And I still like Jim's and Jeremie's old voices better. I've always been good with Aelita's. At least these aren't the real English voices though.
aelitaxwilliam
aelitaxwilliam

Character Sheet
Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 11 Left_bar_bleue14/18Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 11 Empty_bar_bleue  (14/18)
Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 11 Left_bar_bleue4/5Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 11 Empty_bar_bleue  (4/5)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dobermutt Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:54 pm

Snickie wrote:Can I just say that I'm absolutely LOVING THE SOUNDTRACK RIGHT NOW? <3
Me too! This preview...Oh my goodness!! Very Happy I think I'm gonna die. It looks awesome.
Dobermutt
Dobermutt
Scorpion
Scorpion

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlas Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:41 pm

Feel like the music in that last video (the one with Jim on Earth) could really use a heavier down beat.

But I liked it more than I thought it would. Beats the old CL music by a mile.
Atlas
Atlas
Admin (Atlas)
Admin (Atlas)

Male Posts : 5304

Character Sheet
Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 11 Left_bar_bleue5/10Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 11 Empty_bar_bleue  (5/10)
Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 11 Left_bar_bleue4/12Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 11 Empty_bar_bleue  (4/12)
Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 11 Left_bar_bleue0/5Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 11 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/5)

Back to top Go down

Post by Snickie Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:31 pm

It seems to have disappeared... OHNOES.
Like, seriously. I can't find it anywhere now, unless it's under a new name that I don't know about and a different account.
Snickie
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsunamix Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:36 pm

Snickie wrote:It seems to have disappeared... OHNOES.
Like, seriously. I can't find it anywhere now, unless it's under a new name that I don't know about and a different account.
According to codelyoko.fr, it was blocked because it wasn't meant to be released to the public.
Tsunamix
Tsunamix
Manta
Manta

Back to top Go down

Post by aelitaxwilliam Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:18 pm

I'm freaking out, guys. How do I watch the episode without falling out of my chair?? I'm just past the opening now, but now I'm scared that it's going to be really bad.
aelitaxwilliam
aelitaxwilliam

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by A_QueenOfFairys Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:57 pm

I loved it holy crap

The acting was great, the characters spot-on...the fight scenes were a little short, and the sparring between Ulrich and Yumi was pretty much just rolling around, but it was still really great :'D
A_QueenOfFairys
A_QueenOfFairys
Spectre
Spectre

Female Posts : 2255

http://a-queenoffairys.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SakraTheHedgie Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:32 pm

Saw the episode. I couldn't understand a single word they said.

BUT I LOVED IT.

Quite honestly, I was pleasantly surprised. I mean, there were some instances where I think the acting could've been better, but that's probably just me nitpicking. I found the music to be epic. Just plain epic. Overall, a great start to the new season.
SakraTheHedgie
SakraTheHedgie
Kankrelat
Kankrelat

Female Posts : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Snickie Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:37 pm

It seemed a bit rushed to me, but I guess with that much stuff to fit into 22 minutes it would have to be.
I would have loved it if I could understand anything they were saying. Razz
But from what I could tell, it seemed to follow the format of the old Code Lyoko episodes--Earth, XANA attack, back-and-forth earth and Lyoko, Aelita deactivates the tower just in time. The action seemed a bit tame here--real Jim's fall was a bit too obviously fake, the tumbling, and the interaction between Jim and Odd in the sewers. Whatever method XANA was using to drain the code must've been seriously debilitating if it left Ulrich more useless than Frodo was at the end of Book I in the Fellowship of the Ring (at least Frodo used his last strength to fight back) and the "final struggle" between Odd and clone!Jim just a game of "let's hold hands".

Overall, I can't wait for the rest of the season. Very Happy
Snickie
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down