Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.
Xana's Lair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Code Lyoko News Discussion

+25
SakraTheHedgie
Umbra Animus
juejue
Likki
Dr. J
The Pastamancer
Smartguy5000
Koneko on lyoko
Snickie
_Odd_
memoire-blanche
Dobermutt
aelitaxwilliam
cya6
TechnoSam
SearchingLyoko
Soul Jelly
Lyokofelinae
ArgentDandelion
Eilorae
Stella Luce 333
A_QueenOfFairys
SeeMeInTheShadows
Tsunamix
Atlas
29 posters

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 10 Empty Re: Code Lyoko News Discussion

Post by Tsunamix Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:01 am

A_QueenOfFairys wrote:Aside from those two sectors not making an appearance in any trailers, codelyoko.fr is the official fan site chosen by Moonscoop. They were given these points either at the advance screening or by someone from Moonscoop privately, I'm not sure which, but they wouldn't post something on their site and call it official if it wasn't. Believe me, I've been on their forum threads and they are so sceptical of everything, and often judge how quickly news - confirmed or unconfirmed - is spread by anglophone fans.

In short if it's a news post on CL.fr's front page that doesn't say they're unsure about it, it's almost certainly true.
Yeah, I saw the cl.fr article, it was posted on the CLEvolved forums. The point I'm making is that it said nothing about the sectors and I'd like to see an actual screencap or link saying that.
Tsunamix
Tsunamix
Manta
Manta

Back to top Go down

Post by A_QueenOfFairys Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:03 pm

Well...it's right here, in the middle of the rest of them.
Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 10 Tumblr_memq9rzBlh1r7wla3o1_1280

"The costume and design modifications appear in the first episode, without any explanation. In the same manner, the disappearance of two sectors is confirmed, visibly simply expected by the supercomputer being left off for too long."

Maybe it was a translation error? Can you link me to where you saw it elsewhere?

Also, with regards to the bloks,
Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 10 Tumblr_mempaarKhg1r7wla3o1_1280
A_QueenOfFairys
A_QueenOfFairys
Spectre
Spectre

Female Posts : 2255

http://a-queenoffairys.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsunamix Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:09 pm

It was the same picture. It was just that someone forgot to translate that part. I'll let the folks on CLE know about it.
Tsunamix
Tsunamix
Manta
Manta

Back to top Go down

Post by Snickie Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:25 pm

WHOEVER MADE THAT TETRIS, I LOVE YOU. XD
Snickie
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Female Posts : 3198

http://snickiedude@deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cya6 Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:12 pm

It's funny, cause it says she's slowly edging her way into the group, but it clearly shows her in the factory

Is that to say that she knows about Lyoko and isn't part of the group? Or does her mind get wiped by a return trip?

Speaking of with, return trips are gonna be fun to see Smile

But I have to say, as a sorta Jeremie fangirl, I like this new girl already
cya6
cya6
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Female Posts : 3491

Character Sheet
Health::
Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue0/0Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 10 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Energy::
Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue0/0Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 10 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Experience::

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. J Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:20 pm

I can honestly say I hold no interest for the new girl whatsoever. Do we really need another Jéremié foil? I would much preferred to have Sam come back.
Dr. J
Dr. J
Megatank
Megatank

Male Posts : 382

Character Sheet

http://forestfulloffreaks.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Umbra Animus Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:53 pm

Let's hope that this new girl goes with Odd, not Jeremie.
Umbra Animus
Umbra Animus
Megatank
Megatank

Male Posts : 342

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by cya6 Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:08 am

Just to say, I think I would hate it if a new girl joined up with Odd.

I don't know, it'd just be unrealistic and stupid. Think about it. Then every single person in the group would be together. It'd be like this little cult. I absolutely hate the idea of every Lyoko Warrior being with another Lyoko Warrior.

Don't get me wrong. It'd be more interesting if she weren't interested in any of the Lyoko Warriors. I'd much prefer if both her and Odd were not interested with another LW, and it'd be more realistic.

But god, please do NOT put her with Odd. I will throw my TV out the window.
cya6
cya6
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dobermutt Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:29 am

I don't mind a new group member, but honestly, I was hoping for Sissi. I thought they had started building a friendship with her at the end of season 4. Plus, I'm a hardcore Jerlita fan, so I'm just hoping Moonscoop doesn't decide to use this as a reason to ship OxA. But other than that, I see no problem with a new group member. Though it might be kinda weird getting used to a completely new character.
Dobermutt
Dobermutt
Scorpion
Scorpion

Female Posts : 1000

Character Sheet

http://thedobermutt.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Koneko on lyoko Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:29 am

I'm not particularly interested in the new girl, and I'm also curious to see what they mean by 'slowly edges her way into the group' because depending on what they mean by that, I may end up not liking her Razz I still ship Odd/Sissi and I'm so happy that she's still there in evolution.
Since this new girl is supposedly going to 'inspire jealousy on Aelitas part' does that mean to do with Jeremy or not? :L
Koneko on lyoko
Koneko on lyoko
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Female Posts : 3243

Character Sheet
Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue19/19Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 10 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue1/1Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 10 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

http://kageyamas-hinata.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Dobermutt Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:58 pm

Yeah, I like what Queen said in her Tumblr:

A_QueenOfFairys wrote:Always leaping to strange conclusions huh guys

So Laura and Jeremie can bond over IT, so what? That doesn’t mean they’ll get together. And let’s not forget that Aelita is into IT as well. Not as much as Jeremie, but she’s still great at it.

And Jeremie and Aelita have such a deep connection. He slaved away at that computer for years trying to save her. They grew apart a little during season 4, but they were still really close.

To me this whole Aelita jealous of Laura thing sounds like Laura being more passionate about IT than Aelita, who kinda does it as a
hobby. It seems like Laura and Jeremie will bond sitting behind the supercomputer screen while Aelita’s off fighting, and Aelita will probably think something’s up and get jealous.

I may ship Oddlita on the side but I don’t believe for a second that Jeremie would leave her, and especially not for a character who was only just introduced. It’s possible for people to be really good friends without having to date each other, don’t forget that.

And of course I’m not completely certain on this because all we have to go on is a single paragraph, but jumping to the LauraxJeremie and OddxAelita conclusion is a little silly this early on imo.
Dobermutt
Dobermutt
Scorpion
Scorpion

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by cya6 Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:03 pm

I think people will ship JxL, but I do think that it'd be like they're both into it, and Aelita gets nervous that he's gonna fall for her.

I doubt Laura will really be into Jeremie, and I doubt Jeremie could ever fall away from Aelita.
cya6
cya6
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by aelitaxwilliam Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:26 pm

I agree with your previous post, Cya. I absolutely hate the thought of them all inter-dating in their group. It's completely possible for Odd or Laura to be single and unattached while their friends like each other and/or are dating. That being said, I'm guessing I'll eventually ship Odd and Laura/Jeremie and Laura, since I ship most pairings in the CL fandom to some degree.

Like you guys, I was also hoping for Sissi. Razz I wanted to see her character develop, since there seemed like such a huge possibility at the end of season four that they'd all become friends. I mean, her character was RIGHT THERE. It wouldn't have been difficult to write her in as someone they've known for a while, because they have known her for a while. There would've been so many snappy comebacks, fashion disses, and Sissi, Aelita, and Yumi could've had bonding time and played pranks and shopped together. dying of the possibilities here ughughugh She could've been the reformed mean girl with a dormant nasty streak.
aelitaxwilliam
aelitaxwilliam
Moderator (Desert Sector)
Moderator (Desert Sector)

Female Posts : 4579

Character Sheet
Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue14/18Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 10 Empty_bar_bleue  (14/18)
Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue4/5Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 10 Empty_bar_bleue  (4/5)

Back to top Go down

Post by cya6 Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:41 pm

I know!

I really do like Sissi as a character, and I really think she could be nice if someone befriended her. Really, the nicest we see her is when people are nice to her. She should have joined.
cya6
cya6
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by A_QueenOfFairys Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:12 pm

I like the idea of Laura with William. Him and Yumi is never going to happen, so it'd be nice to have another girl, another tomboy at that, to get his mind off Yumi. Laura and Odd though? No thanks.

I like the sound of her character. I think it's because I can relate, since I'm into all that stuff but still like dressing less nerdy and more girly (not overly girly though). Plus it's another female to balance out the group a bit more, and who knows, she could be working for the enemy or something.
A_QueenOfFairys
A_QueenOfFairys
Spectre
Spectre

Back to top Go down

Post by Snickie Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:16 pm

Question:
stuff based on synopsis:
Snickie
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Luce 333 Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:23 am

From a writing perspective, Lara might be a way for the writers to explain Lyoko to a new audience…
Stella Luce 333
Stella Luce 333
Spectre
Spectre

Female Posts : 2637

Character Sheet
Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue7/17Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 10 Empty_bar_bleue  (7/17)
Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue3/3Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 10 Empty_bar_bleue  (3/3)

http://www.fanfiction.net/~stellaluce333

Back to top Go down

Post by Dobermutt Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:33 pm

Snickie wrote:Question:
stuff based on synopsis:

Um...that's a good question. I'm sure they'll explain that somewhere in the season...maybe. They have to, right? Oh, well...never mind.
Dobermutt
Dobermutt
Scorpion
Scorpion

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by A_QueenOfFairys Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:49 pm

There are several plotholes created by the way they approached the first episode. There's that, then why the sectors disappeared after a few months when they'd been fine after 10 years, and the outfit/vehicle changes. And I doubt they're going to try and explain them.

So my headcanons for the latter two are either that something's wrong with the lithium battery in the Supercomputer and data was deleted, or when it was 'off' earlier Franz merely put it into a sleep or hibernation state. And the outfit changes, that Jeremie was working on them in his spare time as a reminder of the good old days and just to kill time, and when the Supercomputer was turned back on it picked them up over the network and installed them.

The Source Codes though...maybe they're not part of Xana itself, and just tools Xana can use to get out of the Cortex? I dunno.
A_QueenOfFairys
A_QueenOfFairys
Spectre
Spectre

Back to top Go down

Post by cya6 Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:56 pm

I actualy tend to believe the Franz Hopper put the super computer in hibernation. It's stated throughout the show that when Lyoko is shut down, it completely falls apart. I don't think you can survive on Lyoko when it's in total shutdown.

It actually makes a ton of sense that the 10 years it was 'down' it was sorta in hibernation.
cya6
cya6
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snickie Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:24 pm

The voice acting....
I've gotten so used to the French voices....it seems they sort of match the original English VAs better. ANd now.....
Jim's not horrible. Luara's....
Jeremie's just...no. I don't like it.
Ulrich's kind of dreamy almost.
William's "you're a psycho" line is awesome, but he kind of sounds like someone I've seen in another movie... I don't know who. For his first line, I didn't care for it.
Yumi's is okay. I'll gt used to it eventually.
Odd's is close enough to the French version that I can deal with it, only the last part about taking the bus makes him sound like a girl.

WE NEED THE NAMES OF THESE VAs.
Snickie
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Back to top Go down

Post by cya6 Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:26 pm

Some lines I have a lot of problems with

William: ehh, simple students. (Why is he going for the creepy evil voice?)

Jeremie: Ever heard of a virus? ( stupid question, maybe Artifical Intelligence?)

Laura: Yes, of course (maybe yeah, but 'yes' sounds too formal) (Or maybe just, "Hasn't everyone?")

Aelita's whole bit is kinda weird,.Pronounces 'electricity' weirdly.

Odd: Hey Elodie? (this shouldn't be a question)

??: The spector is worse than we thought (stiff, unatural)

Odd: next time, you can take the bus (just sounds weird)

I never cared for Sharon Mann's Jeremie. I don't mind this new one. I don't like him, but I'll suffer through Razz I don't mind any of them, except Aelita, who sounds weird for some reason. like really young or something? I like Ulrich, anyway
cya6
cya6
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by A_QueenOfFairys Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:54 pm

cya6 wrote:Jeremie: Ever heard of a virus? ( stupid question, maybe Artifical Intelligence?)
He says virus in the original French, and throughout the original seasons Xana has been mostly referred to as a virus rather than an AI.

cya6 wrote:Odd: Hey Elodie? (this shouldn't be a question)
Again it was a question in the original. Kinda the equivalent of "hey, what's up?" or something like that, without actually saying those specific words. You know, asking why she's calling, or if that's actually her on the other end ("Hey, Elodie?" "No, this is Ulrich.") and yeah. It does make sense as a question.

William sounds evil what
A_QueenOfFairys
A_QueenOfFairys
Spectre
Spectre

Back to top Go down

Post by cya6 Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:58 pm

I know, but the thing is, it's stupid to ask someone what a virus is. That'd be like asking someone what a computer is. Bad writing, I suppose.

I have no problem with Odd asking a question, but the way he asks it, it's just not how people talk. you wouldn't raise your pitch as dramaticlaly as he does, he sounds almost suprised, or like he's actually asking a question, vs just pleasentries.

Whatever. I don't love it, I have my gripes. I'm still gonna watch it. I'm glad they're dubbing it Smile
cya6
cya6
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsunamix Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:42 pm

cya6 wrote:I know, but the thing is, it's stupid to ask someone what a virus is. That'd be like asking someone what a computer is. Bad writing, I suppose.

Usually a question like that is meant to be rhetorical/sarcastic. Like how someone asks 'Ever heard of knocking?' when someone comes into their room uninvited.
Tsunamix
Tsunamix
Manta
Manta

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next