Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.
Xana's Lair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Code Lyoko News Discussion

+25
SakraTheHedgie
Umbra Animus
juejue
Likki
Dr. J
The Pastamancer
Smartguy5000
Koneko on lyoko
Snickie
_Odd_
memoire-blanche
Dobermutt
aelitaxwilliam
cya6
TechnoSam
SearchingLyoko
Soul Jelly
Lyokofelinae
ArgentDandelion
Eilorae
Stella Luce 333
A_QueenOfFairys
SeeMeInTheShadows
Tsunamix
Atlas
29 posters

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Code Lyoko News Discussion

Post by Soul Jelly Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:07 pm

cya6 wrote:Am I too excited about this?

No such thing as too excited. I did an embarrassingly high-pitched squeal of joy when I saw the video posted. Razz
Soul Jelly
Soul Jelly
Scyphozoa
Scyphozoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlas Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:01 pm

Hey, Odd's hair is acceptably eccentric. Not really 100% authentic, but good enough.

Let's be honest too. Very few people really want to see Odd's hair in actual 3 dimensions.
Atlas
Atlas
Admin (Atlas)
Admin (Atlas)

Male Posts : 5304

Character Sheet
Health::
Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue5/10Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (5/10)
Energy::
Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue4/12Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (4/12)
Experience::
Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0/5Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/5)

Back to top Go down

Post by cya6 Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:09 pm

Me included. I've seen enough attempts to know how ridiculously costumey that would look. Cringe worthy

I actually like the new hairstyle. though I will say, I don't much like Aelita's headband, and hope it doesn't stay. It looks kinda weird. Course, maybe it'll look better later. Who knows?
cya6
cya6
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Female Posts : 3491

Character Sheet
Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0/0Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0/0Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post by aelitaxwilliam Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:22 pm

That video was both awesome and horrible to watch. It's got me super excited for seeing the live action, but at the same time, I'm just so frustrated now. I want to just get headshots of what the characters look like or something. I mean, I wasn't really into CLE, but now, geez, I guess they've achieved their goal with me by releasing that teaser...

Surprisingly, I'm most curious about seeing Aelita in person. I mean, I think Odd could go wrong in so many ways since his hair has been changed, and there's also Yumi (they don't do a great job or anything at distinguishing ethnic features in cartoon, since I'm pretty sure it's not all that easy to do in the first place anyway). But, like, Aelita. I thought her hair would be more vibrant and pigmented, but hey, now I'm sort of getting high hopes for this. Smile I'm sure they know what they're doing.

Now I have to go watch it again. And then watch it again after that following Cya's comments about seeing the actors.
aelitaxwilliam
aelitaxwilliam
Moderator (Desert Sector)

Female Posts : 4579

Character Sheet
Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue14/18Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (14/18)
Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue4/5Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (4/5)

Back to top Go down

Post by cya6 Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:27 pm

Remember, brightly colored hair, in real life, would either look cartoony or sorta punkish type, or just fake. I, personally, think the fluffy, lightish pink hair is really cute. Mixed emotions on the whole look, though. Don't like the headband. Odd works for me, though his face looks young.

What do you think?
cya6
cya6
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by aelitaxwilliam Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:57 pm

Admittedly I haven't gotten back to watching it again. Because the FB game! I don't know if I want to be Aelita or Yumi. Yumi looks more like me and she doesn't look as horrible a fighter as she's shown in CL (compared to Ulrich and Odd, anyway), but at the same time, Aelita's always been one of my favourite characters.

I can assure you guys. Tough choices are being made here.

You're right there. I'm not really for the whole punk look, so I'd be happier if Aelita didn't give off that vibe.
aelitaxwilliam
aelitaxwilliam

Female Posts : 4579

Character Sheet
Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue14/18Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (14/18)
Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue4/5Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (4/5)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:29 pm

VIVA LA LIVE ACTION

ALL HAIL LIVE ACTION

BOW DOWN TO THE CHUCK NORRIS OF TELEVISION. MOONSCOOP IS THE COMPANY FOR ME

I KNEW FROM THE FIRST GLANCE THAT LIVE ACTION WAS GOING TO BE EPIC. MAY GOD FORGIVE ALL THE DOUBTERS... OR PUNISH THEM IT'S COOL

/BOW DOWN

Back to top Go down

Post by Dobermutt Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:37 pm

I'm super excited after seeing that video! And you were right, Cya, I could see some glimpses after I watched it again *coughcoughwatcheditliketentimescough* Anyway, I too hope that Aelita loses the headband. Maybe it was just to keep her hair out of her face while they weren't filming...
Dobermutt
Dobermutt
Scorpion
Scorpion

Female Posts : 1000

Character Sheet

http://thedobermutt.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cya6 Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:40 pm

heh, you think you've watched it a lot. I went back and rewound it about 15 times to see what kind of glasses Jeremie has Very Happy
cya6
cya6
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by TechnoSam Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:49 pm

Yeah, I'm fairly confident about it, the main thing I'm worried about it Aelita's hair. I think it will be alright if they get read of the headband, the other characters look fine.
The only thing is that they really look 16-17, but the Lyoko Models make them look about 10... Odd's hair is actually fine. It's not the same style, but it still has kinda the same feel to it.
TechnoSam
TechnoSam
Megatank
Megatank

Male Posts : 346

Character Sheet
Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue10/14Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (10/14)
Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue3/3Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (3/3)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyokofelinae Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:58 am

I think it not bad! but i wanted to see their faces c:
Lyokofelinae
Lyokofelinae
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Male Posts : 3043

Character Sheet
Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue13/27Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (13/27)
Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue1/2Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/2)

http://lyokofelinae247.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Luce 333 Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:48 am

Mabye the hedbnd isn't part of it, just somthng that's part of the procss...

I'm so exctd now!!! This shows that it's actlly happnng!!!

Plus, all the new stuff that was postd on the new thred sonds so amzng...
Stella Luce 333
Stella Luce 333
Spectre
Spectre

Female Posts : 2637

Character Sheet
Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue7/17Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (7/17)
Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue3/3Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (3/3)

http://www.fanfiction.net/~stellaluce333

Back to top Go down

Post by memoire-blanche Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:10 pm

Oh, there's a separate topic for news discussion. And I posted in the news topic. Oooops, sorry D;

@Ulrich souvenir video: Noticed the music immediately. It's rare to hear clean background music.

@The Megapod video: it's nothing big, but interesting. I particularly like that the inside of Megapod is shown.

Anyway, good to know that Moonscoop's planning to make CL available to a broader audience in the US. This part of fandom is unfairly neglected.
memoire-blanche
memoire-blanche
Megatank
Megatank

Female Posts : 410

http://memoire-blanche.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsunamix Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:15 pm

memoire-blanche wrote:Oh, there's a separate topic for news discussion. And I posted in the news topic. Oooops, sorry D;

@Ulrich souvenir video: Noticed the music immediately. It's rare to hear clean background music.

@The Megapod video: it's nothing big, but interesting. I particularly like that the inside of Megapod is shown.

Anyway, good to know that Moonscoop's planning to make CL available to a broader audience in the US. This part of fandom is unfairly neglected.
I find Code Lyoko to be a lot like soccer. It's vastly underrated, it has an international appeal (primarily in Europe) and relatively few people in America seem to care about it. But I digress.

I know, it's about time they started paying attention to us. Maybe soon we can get some actual merchandise as opposed to clothing on CafePress.
Tsunamix
Tsunamix
Manta
Manta

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Luce 333 Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:38 am

I wonder if they have a network in mind…?
Stella Luce 333
Stella Luce 333
Spectre
Spectre

Character Sheet
Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue7/17Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (7/17)

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeMeInTheShadows Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:48 am

Love the pics! And so EXCITED it's on Netflix. Maybe one of these days I'll actually be knowledgeable about this show. Very Happy
SeeMeInTheShadows
SeeMeInTheShadows
Mistress of Butterflies
Mistress of Butterflies

Female Posts : 4157

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1664845/

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Luce 333 Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:35 am

I might have to sign up for Netflix now…
Stella Luce 333
Stella Luce 333
Spectre
Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeMeInTheShadows Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:05 pm

I wish I had beyond a beginning French IV education right now. Though I plan on spending the weekend (or at least twenty minutes until I give up) going through and figuring out what they're saying. Smile
SeeMeInTheShadows
SeeMeInTheShadows
Mistress of Butterflies
Mistress of Butterflies

Female Posts : 4157

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1664845/

Back to top Go down

Post by Dobermutt Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:46 pm

I'm even more excited for Evolution after seeing the newest video! Ah! It can't get here fast enough. Very Happy
Dobermutt
Dobermutt
Scorpion
Scorpion

Female Posts : 1000

Character Sheet

http://thedobermutt.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cya6 Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:15 pm

seriously, someone who knows french has to make a general translation of what the **** was being said
cya6
cya6
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlas Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:02 pm

Probably in the minority, but looking at the new Supercomputer Room I can't help but feel like still thumbs-downing it.

It's like it's trying to balance looking like the old one but doing something new with it.

I just want them to either go balls out and let your imagination go or just leave it like it looked like.
Atlas
Atlas
Admin (Atlas)
Admin (Atlas)

Character Sheet
Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue5/10Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (5/10)
Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue4/12Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (4/12)
Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0/5Code Lyoko News Discussion - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/5)

Back to top Go down

Post by _Odd_ Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:48 pm

Atlas wrote:Probably in the minority, but looking at the new Supercomputer Room I can't help but feel like still thumbs-downing it.

It's like it's trying to balance looking like the old one but doing something new with it.

I just want them to either go balls out and let your imagination go or just leave it like it looked like.

It's that kind of the point? To keep it the same
but do something different with it?
_Odd_
_Odd_
Blok
Blok

Male Posts : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlas Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:08 am

No I mean go one way or the other.

The way it is now is that they have almost the exact same setup, but they added a few nuances to it and it just looks weird :/
Atlas
Atlas
Admin (Atlas)
Admin (Atlas)

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Luce 333 Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:07 pm

It’s really exciting that one of the actors has said that it will be released late 2012 or early 2013!!! That might just be for France, but…it will definitely be here by the end of next year!
Stella Luce 333
Stella Luce 333
Spectre
Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by _Odd_ Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:30 am

Stella Luce 333 wrote:It’s really exciting that one of the actors has said that it will be released late 2012 or early 2013!!! That might just be for France, but…it will definitely be here by the end of next year!
In less time. Since it's just gonna be dubbed for us. Haha!
_Odd_
_Odd_
Blok
Blok

Male Posts : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next