Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.
Xana's Lair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

April Story Challenge: Supernatural!

+6
Stella Luce 333
cya6
Dr. J
Adventurer411
Soul Jelly
SeeMeInTheShadows
10 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

April Story Challenge: Supernatural! Empty April Story Challenge: Supernatural!

Post by SeeMeInTheShadows Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:36 pm

Okay, from here on out there is going to be one story challenge a month. I'll be the judge, though anyone else can help judge if they so choose.

The topic for this month is: Supernatural.
Write a Code Lyoko story that has a supernatural twist. That means, ghosts, vampires, whatever you choose. I'm not picky. It could have the twist from the start, or it could start in the middle, or it could even have surprise ending. Again, not picky. I'll probably post my own, just for kicks.

RULES
-The Story can be no longer than 5,000 words. This does not include author's notes. Also, if you type it up on microsoft word and then go to ff.net and find yourself with 5,500 words or something to that point, don't worry. We understand.
-Please, no less than 500 words.
-Multi-chapter fics are allowed, but must stay within the word constraint.
-The Story must follow all the rules of the forum as well as the rules of ff.net.
-Link, don't post.
-I'd prefer T or lower. If you find yourself writing an M rated fic, shoot me a PM and we'll talk it over.

If you have a problem with any of the rules, you can also PM me and we'll see what we can come up with.

DEADLINE: May First

What I'm judging on: Creativity, as always. As well as mechanics, characterization, implementation of the challenge, plot, spelling, and thought put into it.

Three Carthage Points are at stake here. Two for first place, one for second.

Good luck!
SeeMeInTheShadows
SeeMeInTheShadows
Mistress of Butterflies
Mistress of Butterflies

Female Posts : 4157

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1664845/

Back to top Go down

April Story Challenge: Supernatural! Empty Re: April Story Challenge: Supernatural!

Post by Soul Jelly Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:45 pm

Sounds like tremendous fun. I have another busy month ahead but I'd love to enter if I can, even if it's only a short fic. I'll see what I can do.
Soul Jelly
Soul Jelly
Scyphozoa
Scyphozoa

Back to top Go down

April Story Challenge: Supernatural! Empty Re: April Story Challenge: Supernatural!

Post by Adventurer411 Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:18 pm

Ooh, fun.
Adventurer411
Adventurer411
Judge
Judge

Female Posts : 1150

Character Sheet
Health::
April Story Challenge: Supernatural! Left_bar_bleue20/20April Story Challenge: Supernatural! Empty_bar_bleue  (20/20)
Energy::
April Story Challenge: Supernatural! Left_bar_bleue3/3April Story Challenge: Supernatural! Empty_bar_bleue  (3/3)
Experience::
April Story Challenge: Supernatural! Left_bar_bleue0/0April Story Challenge: Supernatural! Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. J Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:35 am

Oh, this is going to be fun.
Dr. J
Dr. J
Megatank
Megatank

Male Posts : 382

Character Sheet
April Story Challenge: Supernatural! Left_bar_bleue0/0April Story Challenge: Supernatural! Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

http://forestfulloffreaks.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by cya6 Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:04 pm

Can I do this? Can't promise I'll finish it, but I should be able to. Are there any prerequsists?
cya6
cya6
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Female Posts : 3491

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeMeInTheShadows Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:21 pm

Of course Cy (or whatever we're going to call it). All these contests are open to all forum members and the only requirements are that you follow the rules. Cool

I'm actually super excited to read everyon'e stories!
SeeMeInTheShadows
SeeMeInTheShadows
Mistress of Butterflies
Mistress of Butterflies

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Jelly Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:05 am

Here's mine. I tried to go for something a bit different but I'm not sure how well it worked. I'm not great at 'suspense writing' or so it seems. o_o

Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8023066/1/Things_Out_There
Soul Jelly
Soul Jelly
Scyphozoa
Scyphozoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Luce 333 Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:59 am

Can it be somthng alredy wrtten? I have this one shot that I wrte a litle more then a yer ago that I thnk wold work well here...
Stella Luce 333
Stella Luce 333
Spectre
Spectre

Female Posts : 2637

Character Sheet
April Story Challenge: Supernatural! Left_bar_bleue7/17April Story Challenge: Supernatural! Empty_bar_bleue  (7/17)
April Story Challenge: Supernatural! Left_bar_bleue3/3April Story Challenge: Supernatural! Empty_bar_bleue  (3/3)

http://www.fanfiction.net/~stellaluce333

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeMeInTheShadows Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:28 pm

I'd prefer it to be written specifically for this challenge, but if you want to do a side story to that oneshot, a prequel or a sequel, as long as it could be read as a stand alone fic that'd be fine.
SeeMeInTheShadows
SeeMeInTheShadows
Mistress of Butterflies
Mistress of Butterflies

Back to top Go down

Post by MizuDunbar Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:57 pm

I'd love to join in, I very rarely write one-shots it may help my creative juices. Also can it be anything supernatural? I have some ideas that are a little less than normal, but I feel they could still work here
MizuDunbar
MizuDunbar
Blok
Blok

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeMeInTheShadows Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:05 pm

Anything supernatural, yes. Very Happy If your concerned, you can run it through me first via PM, but we'd love to have your challenge.
SeeMeInTheShadows
SeeMeInTheShadows
Mistress of Butterflies
Mistress of Butterflies

Back to top Go down

Post by Hana-tan Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:29 am

If we want to write a story for the challenge, can we post it here in the forum or should we post it via pm? :3
Hana-tan
Hana-tan
Konger
Konger

Female Posts : 12

Character Sheet

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1822803/Cha_Cha_Cheesecake

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeMeInTheShadows Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:19 am

The best would be fanfiction.net/livejournal/devientart/other fic website and then linking it to me, but if you don't have an account on any of those, PM would be your best bet. Very Happy
SeeMeInTheShadows
SeeMeInTheShadows
Mistress of Butterflies
Mistress of Butterflies

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlas Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:17 pm

Hana-tan wrote:If we want to write a story for the challenge, can we post it here in the forum or should we post it via pm? :3

Don't recall seeing you around. Mind if you make an intro topic, to help my confusion?
Also, welcome to the forum.

And if you write, you should fit in very well here.
Atlas
Atlas
Admin (Atlas)
Admin (Atlas)

Male Posts : 5304

Character Sheet
April Story Challenge: Supernatural! Left_bar_bleue5/10April Story Challenge: Supernatural! Empty_bar_bleue  (5/10)
April Story Challenge: Supernatural! Left_bar_bleue4/12April Story Challenge: Supernatural! Empty_bar_bleue  (4/12)
April Story Challenge: Supernatural! Left_bar_bleue0/5April Story Challenge: Supernatural! Empty_bar_bleue  (0/5)

Back to top Go down

Post by Hana-tan Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:08 pm

Atlas501 wrote:
Hana-tan wrote:If we want to write a story for the challenge, can we post it here in the forum or should we post it via pm? :3

Don't recall seeing you around. Mind if you make an intro topic, to help my confusion?
Also, welcome to the forum.

And if you write, you should fit in very well here.

Um, I already posted one a while back... I joined in March, but obviously, I've been VERY inactive since I got my account... sorry about that. ^^;; But, I'm really willing to write, so I'll post my entry before the end of April. :3
Hana-tan
Hana-tan
Konger
Konger

Female Posts : 12

Character Sheet

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1822803/Cha_Cha_Cheesecake

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeMeInTheShadows Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:07 pm

No problem, we're always ready for someone to come back to us. Very Happy And awesome, we'd love to see it.
SeeMeInTheShadows
SeeMeInTheShadows
Mistress of Butterflies
Mistress of Butterflies

Back to top Go down

Post by PeaceKeeper2014 Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:49 pm

This ends May 1st? I got time! Smile
PeaceKeeper2014
PeaceKeeper2014
Tarantula
Tarantula

Male Posts : 869

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by cya6 Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:07 am

That's what I keep thinking. That's why I'm not gonna make it Sad

I have too much work to do. SadMad
cya6
cya6
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeMeInTheShadows Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:49 pm

Well, the minimum is 500 words...so you may have time. If you don't, that's fine though, maybe the next challenge!
SeeMeInTheShadows
SeeMeInTheShadows
Mistress of Butterflies
Mistress of Butterflies

Back to top Go down

Post by cya6 Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:01 pm

I've already wrote about 2.5k, but i need to tie it up, which will end up pretty bad. 'Course, the whole story's pretty bad, so...
cya6
cya6
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeMeInTheShadows Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:37 pm

Doitdoitdoitdoitdoit!!! Or, you know, don't, whichever one works for you. I plan to write about 2,000 words of really, really, really bad writing over the weekend and call it a story.
SeeMeInTheShadows
SeeMeInTheShadows
Mistress of Butterflies
Mistress of Butterflies

Back to top Go down

Post by cya6 Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:44 pm

Hey, that's what I plan to do. o_o

coincidence, I don't think so. Or, you know, maybe...

Whatever, I will try and get it done soon.
cya6
cya6
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeMeInTheShadows Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:46 pm

Hmmm....I don't know...but I do know that it is not me in those bushes across the street. Of course it isn't. Razz
SeeMeInTheShadows
SeeMeInTheShadows
Mistress of Butterflies
Mistress of Butterflies

Back to top Go down

Post by cya6 Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:06 pm

*gasps*

*checks bushes, sorts through the assortment of stalkers*

nope, you're not there. Had me worried for a moment...
cya6
cya6
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Jelly Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:33 am

Well that "get in 2,000 words of bad writing over the weekend" was exactly my plan also. I managed to do it, so I'm sure you both can too. Razz And your attempts will far outshine mine.
Soul Jelly
Soul Jelly
Scyphozoa
Scyphozoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next