Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.
Xana's Lair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

August Story Challenge: Sticky Situation

+2
tbcr
SeeMeInTheShadows
6 posters

Go down

August Story Challenge: Sticky Situation Empty August Story Challenge: Sticky Situation

Post by SeeMeInTheShadows Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:48 pm

It's that time again!

The topic for this month is: Sticky Situation!
This is a pretty simple plot. At some point in the story, your character is in a....rather bad situation. You decide if they get out of it or not.

RULES
-The Story can be no longer than 5,000 words. This does not include author's notes. Also, if you type it up on microsoft word and then go to ff.net and find yourself with 5,500 words or something to that point, don't worry. We understand.
-Please, no less than 500 words.
-Multi-chapter fics are allowed, but must stay within the word constraint.
-The Story must follow all the rules of the forum as well as the rules of ff.net.
-Link, don't post.
-I'd prefer T or lower. If you find yourself writing an M rated fic, shoot me a PM and we'll talk it over.

If you have a problem with any of the rules, you can also PM me and we'll see what we can come up with.

DEADLINE: September First

What I'm judging on: Creativity, as always. As well as mechanics, characterization, implementation of the challenge, plot, spelling, and thought put into it.

Three Carthage Points are at stake here. Two for first place, one for second.

Good luck!.
SeeMeInTheShadows
SeeMeInTheShadows
Mistress of Butterflies
Mistress of Butterflies

Female Posts : 4157

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1664845/

Back to top Go down

August Story Challenge: Sticky Situation Empty Re: August Story Challenge: Sticky Situation

Post by tbcr Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:45 am

now by sticky,do you mean stuck by a liquid or somewhat, or just in a pickle?
tbcr
tbcr
Insekt
Insekt

Male Posts : 93

Character Sheet
Health::
August Story Challenge: Sticky Situation Left_bar_bleue0/0August Story Challenge: Sticky Situation Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Energy::
August Story Challenge: Sticky Situation Left_bar_bleue0/0August Story Challenge: Sticky Situation Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Experience::

http://tbcrproductions.x10.mx

Back to top Go down

August Story Challenge: Sticky Situation Empty Re: August Story Challenge: Sticky Situation

Post by Snickie Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:49 am

Usually it just means "in a pickle", but you could probably integrate sticky substances into your story. Very Happy (Darn, that was my idea.)

In my Cliffhanger entry, I actually had Yumi hang over a cliff for a brief moment. That wasn't where it ended, but I did plan for that to happen.
Snickie
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Female Posts : 3198

http://snickiedude@deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeMeInTheShadows Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:02 am

I meant, 'in a pickle.' But like Snickie said, if you want there to be a sitcky substance causing this problem, go for it.
SeeMeInTheShadows
SeeMeInTheShadows
Mistress of Butterflies
Mistress of Butterflies

Back to top Go down

Post by Snickie Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:41 am

Awh, no! I just realized today's the last day of the month! I haven't finished, and there's no way I'm going to be able to finish today. T~T
Snickie
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Female Posts : 3198

http://snickiedude@deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlas Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:26 am

I'm sincerely wondering if you guys are using phrases like "in a pickle" and "I won't finish" when the prompt is "sticky situation" just by accident or if it is some clever euphemism.

Last edited by Atlas on Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Atlas
Atlas
Admin (Atlas)
Admin (Atlas)

Male Posts : 5304

Character Sheet
August Story Challenge: Sticky Situation Left_bar_bleue5/10August Story Challenge: Sticky Situation Empty_bar_bleue  (5/10)
August Story Challenge: Sticky Situation Left_bar_bleue4/12August Story Challenge: Sticky Situation Empty_bar_bleue  (4/12)
August Story Challenge: Sticky Situation Left_bar_bleue0/5August Story Challenge: Sticky Situation Empty_bar_bleue  (0/5)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. J Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:38 pm

It's all planned. XD.
Dr. J
Dr. J
Megatank
Megatank

Male Posts : 382

Character Sheet

http://forestfulloffreaks.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Jelly Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:56 am

Guessing no one entered this month's then? Not surprised, real life seems to be kicking everyone's butt lately. I kinda doubt there'll be a September contest now, but hey... bring on October. Wink
Soul Jelly
Soul Jelly
Scyphozoa
Scyphozoa

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeMeInTheShadows Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:02 am

Oh, October is going to be awesome. Very Happy

I figured that I would give us all a nice little break in September, get everyon'e settled into school/work/life.
SeeMeInTheShadows
SeeMeInTheShadows
Mistress of Butterflies
Mistress of Butterflies

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Jelly Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:20 pm

Sounds splendid. Very Happy
Soul Jelly
Soul Jelly
Scyphozoa
Scyphozoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down