Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.
Xana's Lair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

July Story Challenge: Fairy Tale

+2
cya6
SeeMeInTheShadows
6 posters

Go down

July Story Challenge: Fairy Tale Empty July Story Challenge: Fairy Tale

Post by SeeMeInTheShadows Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:12 am

It's that time again.

The topic for this month is: Fairy Tale!
This will be an interesting prompt that I've had mentioned to me a couple of times. Basically make a Fairy Tale using CL. It can be a redo of a previous fairty tale with CL characters, or it can be one of your own creation, written as a fairy tale. Have fun and be creative.

RULES
-The Story can be no longer than 5,000 words. This does not include author's notes. Also, if you type it up on microsoft word and then go to ff.net and find yourself with 5,500 words or something to that point, don't worry. We understand.
-Please, no less than 500 words.
-Multi-chapter fics are allowed, but must stay within the word constraint.
-The Story must follow all the rules of the forum as well as the rules of ff.net.
-Link, don't post.
-I'd prefer T or lower. If you find yourself writing an M rated fic, shoot me a PM and we'll talk it over.

If you have a problem with any of the rules, you can also PM me and we'll see what we can come up with.

DEADLINE: August First

What I'm judging on: Creativity, as always. As well as mechanics, characterization, implementation of the challenge, plot, spelling, and thought put into it.

Three Carthage Points are at stake here. Two for first place, one for second.

Good luck!.

SeeMeInTheShadows
SeeMeInTheShadows
Mistress of Butterflies
Mistress of Butterflies

Female Posts : 4157

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1664845/

Back to top Go down

July Story Challenge: Fairy Tale Empty Re: July Story Challenge: Fairy Tale

Post by cya6 Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:15 pm

Hmm, I think I'll do this. Don't hold me to it, but it can't be too hard (nothing is, after XaJuWriMo Razz )
cya6
cya6
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Female Posts : 3491

Character Sheet
Health::
July Story Challenge: Fairy Tale Left_bar_bleue0/0July Story Challenge: Fairy Tale Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Energy::
July Story Challenge: Fairy Tale Left_bar_bleue0/0July Story Challenge: Fairy Tale Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Experience::

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Jelly Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:56 am

That's the spirit Cya Razz

Well, here's mine. Not my favourite thing I've ever written but a good exercise in productivity all the same. I feel like I said something similar about the 'supernatural' contest entry too. Haha.
Soul Jelly
Soul Jelly
Scyphozoa
Scyphozoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Snickie Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:03 pm

Here's my fairy tale, finally.

Last edited by Snickie on Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixed the link :s)
Snickie
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Female Posts : 3198

http://snickiedude@deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hika-chan Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:16 pm

I'm in, shadow-san! excuse me for any using of 'fairy tale making', 'jerlita' or anything related to other story submitted, but this is what i've been thinking about when i looked at the topic. okay? Smile

and another thing, sorry for the bad grammar Sad

Dream out Loud! =)
Hika-chan
Hika-chan
Konger
Konger

Female Posts : 13

http://flavors.me/liviaandrn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittyclaw Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:35 am

I can't decide if I'm glad because this place is good for my writing or sad because it's terrible for my sleep XD So, it's kind of more fable like than fairy tale, maybe. Idk.

/sleepy

Kitty's entry
Kittyclaw
Kittyclaw
Megatank
Megatank

Female Posts : 316

http://www.fanfiction.net/~Kittyclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeMeInTheShadows Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:36 pm

Okay, time for the winners! Sorry this took me so long, between XL Olympics and The Carthage Awards, I was all storied and judged out.

Remember, if anyone wants to help judge for this month/next month...hinthint, nudge, nudge.

And like, when I say it was a hard decision, I'm not lying (even though it may seem like I am because I angst about it each and every time judging comes along) but I'm not joking. I'm like always going back and forth right before I post and it's never a good idea to IM me while it's going on or I'm like "I CAN'T CHOOOOOOOSE."

So here goes nothing. This month came down mostly to creativity of the topic.

1st: Kittyclaw
2nd: Soul Jelly

Snickie and Hika had super awesome stories as well! Like, I'm kind of torn between wanting people to participate and not wanting people to participate so I don't have to choose. Very Happy (Seriously though, I love how people keep doing these, it's fantastic).

This is the part where I'm supposed to lather the winners in praise, but all I can really say that if Snickie's sig had been a contender, it would have won every single competition ever and I'm insanely jealous. Very Happy It's just soooo true. Razz

I didn't even get around to writing mine (it would have been a OddxYumi Cinderella thing, for all those curious. Very Happy)
SeeMeInTheShadows
SeeMeInTheShadows
Mistress of Butterflies
Mistress of Butterflies

Female Posts : 4157

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1664845/

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Jelly Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:51 pm

I haven't read Kitty's or Hika's yet, but I'll be sure you leave you both reviews once I have. I wish I didn't have a gazillion things to do in life right now ;_; Snickie's was super super cute though. :]
Soul Jelly
Soul Jelly
Scyphozoa
Scyphozoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down