Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.
Xana's Lair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anime and Manga

+14
juejue
Snickie
Ivona no Fyra
Smartguy5000
Umbra Animus
Atlas
Dr. J
Koneko on lyoko
Lyokofelinae
xiaozanghou
cya6
naruto'sramengirl
Dobermutt
aelitaxwilliam
18 posters

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Anime and Manga - Page 3 Empty Re: Anime and Manga

Post by No.1JerlitaFan Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:06 am

Black Rock Shooter is pretty awesome. There are two different worlds, the real world and the dream world, the dream world is split into different sectors each with controlled by a different Black Rock. In the real world, the Black Rocks are all really good friends actually, but they don't know about the dream world very much; however, all friendships have their difficulties. There are subtle underlying troubles in the friendships in the real world that they cannot even see themselves because they are so deeply imbedded into the sub-conscious. But in the dream world, the Black Rocks are all fighting each other because of these problems. The Black Rocks are amazingly powerful beings that each controlled something specific to them, the main character Black Rock Shooter, can make any gun she can imagine appear in her hand simply by willing it to. I'm not talking like pistols and rifles, i'm talking about like she's dual weilding artillery pieces and firing explosive cannon shots, or making a big a** gattling gun appear in her hands and mow the others down, if she draws enough power, she can make this thing

Anime and Manga - Page 3 BRS-8-41

See that person standing there at teh back, that's Black Rock Shooter, that's how big the cannon is.

Anime and Manga - Page 3 1112197

This is her gattling gun, she slings it around like it's weightless.

Anime and Manga - Page 3 Brs_Dual_Gatling_Gun

now she has 2!

Anime and Manga - Page 3 Insane-black-rock-shooter0028

See that sword, this thing is so big that you can only see the front half, there's still another half of it that got cut off. Guess what! She one hands this thing! And that's not all! It shoots bullets, a sword....that shoots like a gun too!
No.1JerlitaFan
No.1JerlitaFan
Spectre
Spectre

Male Posts : 2598

Character Sheet
Health::
Anime and Manga - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0/0Anime and Manga - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Energy::
Anime and Manga - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0/0Anime and Manga - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Experience::

Back to top Go down

Post by Snickie Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:25 pm

I used to read the Warriors mangas. I didn't care for it much; I would've preferred it be in text format like the rest of the books.

I like Code Lyoko.
Snickie
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Female Posts : 3198

http://snickiedude@deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by No.1JerlitaFan Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:32 pm

Code Lyoko = BEST ANIME EVER! 

(I know I said BRS was my favorite, but I didn't want to say that CL was an anime until i was sure that you guys considered it an anime)

I don't know why, but I've heard a lot of people get mad at me for calling Code lyoko an anime they're all like "that's not a real anime, it's a cartoon, it's not even Japanese!"

1. Yeah, it is an anime, the definition of an anime is an animated TV show with a definite plot line. 

Animated: check

Plot line: check

Code Lyoko = anime : check

2. It doesn't have to be Japanese to be an anime, that's just stupid.
No.1JerlitaFan
No.1JerlitaFan
Spectre
Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by juejue Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:33 pm

No.1JerlitaFan wrote:
1. Yeah, it is an anime, the definition of an anime is an animated TV show with a definite plot line. 
Animated: check
Plot line: check
Code Lyoko = anime : check
2. It doesn't have to be Japanese to be an anime, that's just stupid.

Hmm, well I don't mean to contradict you or anything, but the definition of an anime is a Japanese style of motion-picture animation. So that means it need to originate from Japan. Code Lyoko was made in France, therefore it's a french show. So it can't really be called an anime. Just saying.

Also, I've seen Free and I actually like it! What could be better than swimming boys? xD haha plus Rei is super cute! I also just recently finished Mirai Nikki. Has anyone else seen it? It's an awesome anime and you should totally watch/read it if you haven't already!
juejue
juejue
Scorpion
Scorpion

Female Posts : 1408

http://tae4.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by No.1JerlitaFan Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:41 pm

Sad damn.....

WAIT! You said it had to be Japanese STYLE of motion picture animation. So as long as they made it in the Japanese style, it could be made by any country that wanted to and still be anime. That includes, wait for it...... FRANCE!

Anime and Manga - Page 3 426758_250178048398335_1187436990_n
No.1JerlitaFan
No.1JerlitaFan
Spectre
Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by juejue Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:48 pm

Huh? But Code Lyoko is not animated in Japanese style! They have small eyes and big foreheads! xD hehe Japanese animation usually has big eyes, and detailed colours, y'know? It has a different feel to it all together..
juejue
juejue
Scorpion
Scorpion

Back to top Go down

Post by No.1JerlitaFan Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:54 pm

Anime and Manga - Page 3 37797224

But....
No.1JerlitaFan
No.1JerlitaFan
Spectre
Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by juejue Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:59 pm

*sniffs* I know.. sometimes the truth hurts, doesn't it?

But if Code Lyoko was made into a Japanese anime, that would be awesome! I mean, imagine how awesome the animation would be for the Xana attacks! I would freak out xD
juejue
juejue
Scorpion
Scorpion

Back to top Go down

Post by No.1JerlitaFan Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:05 pm

And since a lot of Japanese animes get English dubbed, then MAYBE I COULD FIND CODE LYOKO: EVOLUTION WITH FRICKEN ENGLISH DUB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

.....also, I like Hetalia.

Last edited by No.1JerlitaFan on Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
No.1JerlitaFan
No.1JerlitaFan
Spectre
Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by aelitaxwilliam Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:05 pm

@Kay (possible spoilers for Free! so if you haven't watched Free! and don't want to be spoiled, well, that's why this is spoilered Razz)
Spoiler:

Some people get super upset when people label Code Lyoko as an anime, but I honestly don't care. I mean, I do want to say that I don't consider it an anime (I generally see animes as Japanese-style mostly made in Japan...not even sure if I'd consider Japanese-style animation from other countries as anime, but hey, we could get into a discussion about that here! the true meaning as anime Smile). I won't flip out if someone calls it an anime either though, which apparently some people are really sensitive about. And when I say sensitive, I don't mean like on XL, but I mean that on Tumblr, it used to be a huge deal until people got sick of seeing people argue about it. 

I totally want to see someone remake CL into an anime now ;~;
aelitaxwilliam
aelitaxwilliam
Moderator (Desert Sector)
Moderator (Desert Sector)

Female Posts : 4579

Character Sheet
Anime and Manga - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue14/18Anime and Manga - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (14/18)
Anime and Manga - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue4/5Anime and Manga - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (4/5)

Back to top Go down

Post by juejue Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:11 pm

Yeah me too, but wow that would be tons of work. We have some pretty skilled artists in our fandom, but I don't know if anyone would be willing to make a fan animation or anything. Plus, I doubt Moonscoop will do anything about it. Looks like we'll just have to keep wishing.

aLSO I LOVE HETALIA TOO OMG WHO ARE YOUR FAVOURITE COUNTRIES? XD
juejue
juejue
Scorpion
Scorpion

Back to top Go down

Post by No.1JerlitaFan Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:16 pm

Well, at my school there is a group of students who hang out together because they all watch Hetalia. Actually, that's how I met my girlfriend. <3 Anyways, everyone in the group is assigned a nicknamed based on the way they look or their personality. In my case it's the looks, my nickname is Estonia. My girlfriend is Canada. So pretty much, Estonia is now Russia's AND Canada's b****. xD My favorite characters are 

Estonia and Canada (for obvious reasons)
Russia, Germany, and...... ITALY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No.1JerlitaFan
No.1JerlitaFan
Spectre
Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by juejue Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:18 pm

Omg! You're so lucky! That sounds awesome! No one at my school knows Hetalia. Well maybe some people do, but I don't know them. Haha my favourites are Prussia, England, Canada and America!
juejue
juejue
Scorpion
Scorpion

Back to top Go down

Post by No.1JerlitaFan Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:22 pm

Grrrrr...prussia. But, hey it's all good. And I CAN'T argue with your choice of Canada!

xD
No.1JerlitaFan
No.1JerlitaFan
Spectre
Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by juejue Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:26 pm

What? You don't like Prussia? hahaha Why not! He's awesome! And, yeah Canada is the best Very Happy
juejue
juejue
Scorpion
Scorpion

Back to top Go down

Post by No.1JerlitaFan Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:35 pm

Prussia is mean to me :'(
No.1JerlitaFan
No.1JerlitaFan
Spectre
Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by juejue Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:58 pm

Aww poor you. Anyways, that Black Rock Shooter thing you were talking about earlier sounds kind of interesting. I think I might check it out.
juejue
juejue
Scorpion
Scorpion

Back to top Go down

Post by No.1JerlitaFan Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:02 am

Oh yeah definitely, anyone who likes anime is sure to love Black Rock Shooter. Very Happy

Also, do you like Grey Man?
No.1JerlitaFan
No.1JerlitaFan
Spectre
Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by juejue Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:05 am

Actually, I've just started watching it a few days ago! Funny you should mention it!
But there's just so many episodes, it's going to take so long to get through them all.
juejue
juejue
Scorpion
Scorpion

Back to top Go down

Post by No.1JerlitaFan Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:06 am

Yeah, also I've only seen episode one. My friend introduced me to it awhile back, I just haven't had time. To make sure i'm thinking of the right one, Grey man is the one with the exorcist right?
No.1JerlitaFan
No.1JerlitaFan
Spectre
Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by juejue Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:08 am

Yup! That's right. I haven't had much time to watch it myself either, so I'm just hoping that I'll find some free time soon xD
juejue
juejue
Scorpion
Scorpion

Back to top Go down

Post by No.1JerlitaFan Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:13 am

Cool! I got it right. I'm gonna try to find time too, but I'm still on Supernatural.

i don't trust my friend's anime suggestions anymore, he got me to watch Panties and Stockings xD
No.1JerlitaFan
No.1JerlitaFan
Spectre
Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by juejue Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:17 am

OMG NO WAY. Ahahahaha xD I've seen a few episodes of that, but I stopped. Haha I don't really like the animation style of it.
juejue
juejue
Scorpion
Scorpion

Back to top Go down

Post by No.1JerlitaFan Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:18 am

You didn't like the animation style? I just stopped watching cuz that was one weird a** show. What kinda drugs were the writers on?
No.1JerlitaFan
No.1JerlitaFan
Spectre
Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by juejue Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:21 am

Yeeeah I guess I agree with you on that! It was pretty weird. But I couldn't stop laughing at it! To be honest, I didn't even really understand the plot that much.
juejue
juejue
Scorpion
Scorpion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next