Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.
Xana's Lair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anime and Manga

+14
juejue
Snickie
Ivona no Fyra
Smartguy5000
Umbra Animus
Atlas
Dr. J
Koneko on lyoko
Lyokofelinae
xiaozanghou
cya6
naruto'sramengirl
Dobermutt
aelitaxwilliam
18 posters

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Anime and Manga - Page 7 Empty Re: Anime and Manga

Post by aelitaxwilliam Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:59 am

I don't read manga (anymore, though I used to be super into it), but eBay is actually AMAZING for getting cheap stuff. It's not as sketchy as most people think, since you can see the past ratings for the seller, and there is a bit of protection if you use paypal, since you can file a claim with them if your stuff doesn't arrive (which I think you have to use paypal anyway? idk, since I don't use eBay that much).

I'm fine with reading online/downloading ebooks (okay sorry this is kind of unrelated to manga now), but sometimes I really like owning the actual books if they're really good! And eBay and other "sell your stuff" sites are really great for getting books at a great place.

I don't think my local library has manga, but I never actually looked for it. I know the school library has American comic-type books, but not actual manga. Razz
aelitaxwilliam
aelitaxwilliam
Moderator (Desert Sector)
Moderator (Desert Sector)

Female Posts : 4579

Character Sheet
Health::
Anime and Manga - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue14/18Anime and Manga - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (14/18)
Energy::
Anime and Manga - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue4/5Anime and Manga - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (4/5)
Experience::
Anime and Manga - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue0/0Anime and Manga - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post by Koneko on lyoko Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:04 pm

I might try ebay Kelly :3 the book shop that I go to has this 'market place' thing on it's website where you can buy used copies from small book shops in other places and get them delivered...or something like that, I've never used it myself ^^;

I agree with you Kelly, most people have told me to just read manga online(which I do with a long running weekly one like Fairy Tail), but it's a lot more satisfying to have a real boo in front of you.
Koneko on lyoko
Koneko on lyoko
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Female Posts : 3243

Character Sheet
Anime and Manga - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue19/19Anime and Manga - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
Anime and Manga - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue1/1Anime and Manga - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)
Anime and Manga - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue0/0Anime and Manga - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

http://kageyamas-hinata.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by No.1JerlitaFan Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:19 pm

I WANNA BE THE VERY BEST!
LIKE NO ONE EVER WAAAAAAAAAAS!

No.1JerlitaFan
No.1JerlitaFan
Spectre
Spectre

Male Posts : 2598

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by juejue Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:42 pm

Ahh my friend lent me the Black butler manga, so now I'm going to start reading it! (Even though I've already watched the anime)
Haha also, who's excited to watch Meganebu? I think it's supposed to come out sometime in October? And guess what, all the main characters wear glasses! its a dream come true
juejue
juejue
Scorpion
Scorpion

Female Posts : 1408

http://tae4.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by No.1JerlitaFan Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:18 pm

OH COME ON!!!! YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO KEEP THE SONG GOING!!! D: 

I TRUSTED YOU!!!
No.1JerlitaFan
No.1JerlitaFan
Spectre
Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Koneko on lyoko Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:09 am

With Black Butler, the manga starts to differ from the anime at some point, like the Blue Exorcist manga. Which really annoyed me because the manga is getting really good, but with the way they ended the anime, they can't continue it ;-;

MEGANEBU!! OMG yes!! It will replace the void left by Free! In the new seasons there's also going to be Otenki Sentai How Weather and Yamada-kun to Shichinin no Majou Very Happy  

The new season looks great, and it's gonna have to be because Attack on Titan is ending soon ;A;
Koneko on lyoko
Koneko on lyoko
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Character Sheet
Anime and Manga - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue19/19Anime and Manga - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
Anime and Manga - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue1/1Anime and Manga - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

Back to top Go down

Post by juejue Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:06 pm

I can't wait until it starts to get different though. It's cool to see things not included in the anime! xD Is the Blue Exorcist manga still going though? 

Can't wait for it! It seems that a lot of good animes are coming out this year!

Also, I don't know if I'm ready for SnK to end. I hope they'll make a second season of it. It's actually one of my favourites
juejue
juejue
Scorpion
Scorpion

Back to top Go down

Post by No.1JerlitaFan Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:21 am

OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OHMYGOD!!!

I hade some free time and finally looked up Attack on Titan!!!

IT'S AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No.1JerlitaFan
No.1JerlitaFan
Spectre
Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by juejue Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:46 pm

YAYYYYY I TOLD YOU OMG WHAT EPISODE ARE YOU ON???
juejue
juejue
Scorpion
Scorpion

Back to top Go down

Post by No.1JerlitaFan Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:24 pm

Just finished episode 20. "Erwin Smith". I'm gonna start episode 21 soon.
No.1JerlitaFan
No.1JerlitaFan
Spectre
Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by No.1JerlitaFan Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:33 pm

......finished episode 22.....
No.1JerlitaFan
No.1JerlitaFan
Spectre
Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Koneko on lyoko Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:57 am

And how are you feeling after episode 22? ;-;

The summer season is coming to and end, all the anime I've become attached to over the passed few weeks are ending ;-; 

The Blood Lad ending was really disappointing omg it needed more episodes because there's a lot more there that can be done.
Koneko on lyoko
Koneko on lyoko
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by No.1JerlitaFan Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:27 pm

How am I feeling after watching episode 22..................like I want to cry. (which i did) .................Petra's father........the way he talked to Captain Levi so ignorantly......................... Sad
No.1JerlitaFan
No.1JerlitaFan
Spectre
Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Koneko on lyoko Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:43 pm

I wouldn't really say it was ignorantly, more obliviously. For all he knows Petra is still alive and coming back with everyone, and(I know I'm repeating myself sorry) then he says that she has her whole life ahead of her and that was when I just lost it. I can't.

I'm looking forward to the next episode though. They're going to the capital, so in theory they're going in the opposite direction of the titans.
Koneko on lyoko
Koneko on lyoko
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by No.1JerlitaFan Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:07 pm

yeah, they're going in the opposite direction of one group that want to kill him. And into the arms of the other group that wants to disect him and study him. great trade off!

Also.....I think I know who the Female Titan is.....if you want to know...click the tab, but i won't spoil it for everyone....remember, this is just my theory though.

Spoiler:
No.1JerlitaFan
No.1JerlitaFan
Spectre
Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Koneko on lyoko Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:35 am

I had the same theory about who the female titan was and then I saw some posts on Tumblr and now I know who it is for definite, not saying whether you're right or wrong though in case you don't want to know. 

Thanks to that I also know who the armoured and colossal titans are too
Spoiler:
Koneko on lyoko
Koneko on lyoko
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by No.1JerlitaFan Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:47 pm

YOU KNOW WHO THE ARMORED AND COLOSSAL TITANS ARE!!!

I have a theory on the armored titan, but i'm completely stumped on the Colossal. Don't tell me if I'm right or not, but here's who I think the Armored Titan is.

Spoiler:
No.1JerlitaFan
No.1JerlitaFan
Spectre
Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Koneko on lyoko Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:57 pm

I won't say anything, don't worry. I'm kinda sad that I know who they are, because it means I won't be surprised or shocked. I have a bad habit of looking things up when I start watching anime, so I know what's going to happen, so it was the first time in a long time that I felt the shock I felt when I watched episode 5 and I kinda miss it xD
Koneko on lyoko
Koneko on lyoko
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by No.1JerlitaFan Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:04 pm

Episode 5? Was that when Eren first goes Titan mode? If so, I was surprised, but not for conventional reasons. I was surprised because what happened was so very close to what I had been expecting to happen! Ever since the memory of getting that show from his father and the key thing, i'd been trying to figure out what was going on. Then, when he got eaten by the titan and his arm flew off, I realized, that in the intro, it shows a scene of him jumping at the colossal titan that hadn't happened yet, but he had two arms, so i knew he'd have to get his arm back somehow. As soon as that happened I knew something in that shot gave him the regenerative powers of a Titan.....the thing I wasn't expecting.......was for him to actually completely turn into one. xD
No.1JerlitaFan
No.1JerlitaFan
Spectre
Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Koneko on lyoko Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:45 am

It wasn't the fact that he turned into a titan that shocked me, it was the fact that he got eaten. I was just like nu uh none of that....not....what....he's the main chaRACTER HOW CAN HE BE DEAD!?!?! ....wait...he's gonna turn into a titan isn't he? =.=
Koneko on lyoko
Koneko on lyoko
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by No.1JerlitaFan Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:59 pm

Hahaha, that's exactly how it was for me too! xD
No.1JerlitaFan
No.1JerlitaFan
Spectre
Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by juejue Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:54 pm

gUYS I STARTED READING THE ATTACK ON TITAN MANGA! It's reeaaally good!
juejue
juejue
Scorpion
Scorpion

Back to top Go down

Post by Koneko on lyoko Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:41 am

I'll probably do that when the anime ends Razz read from where it left. Well, I might, but since these anime are ending, it might mean that I'm not distracted and I can do some English revision...maybe >.>
Koneko on lyoko
Koneko on lyoko
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by No.1JerlitaFan Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:19 pm

Have fun Jules!!!!!!!! Just 8e sure not to spoil anything 8ecause the manga is farther along than the anime is. :::: )
No.1JerlitaFan
No.1JerlitaFan
Spectre
Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by juejue Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:15 pm

I see you're typing like Vriska now, huh?

Ohhhh the latest SnK episode was awesome! I can't wait for next week's episode!

Spoiler:
juejue
juejue
Scorpion
Scorpion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down