Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.
Xana's Lair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CL Fanfiction

+19
Gocaclleta
Soul Jelly
VGCats_Rocks
Atlas
A_QueenOfFairys
Heart of Lyoko
AeonFrodo
MoonlitxAngel
The Never Minder
Kittyclaw
i.most.certainly.love.you
memoire-blanche
AelitaBelpois
Stella Luce 333
aelitaxwilliam
Dobermutt
Railen
Coto524
SeeMeInTheShadows
23 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

CL Fanfiction - Page 4 Empty Re: CL Fanfiction

Post by Heart of Lyoko Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:10 am

Maybe cos she's the only child? Or maybe cuz her mum is not there or something
Heart of Lyoko
Heart of Lyoko
Volcanoid
Volcanoid

Female Posts : 1531

Character Sheet
Health::
CL Fanfiction - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue17/24CL Fanfiction - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (17/24)
Energy::
CL Fanfiction - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue2/2CL Fanfiction - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (2/2)
Experience::
CL Fanfiction - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0/0CL Fanfiction - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

http://Kitty-Hearts.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AeonFrodo Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:30 am

Perhaps we might find out all of this in Season 5... Razz
AeonFrodo
AeonFrodo
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Female Posts : 3780

Character Sheet
CL Fanfiction - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue11/23CL Fanfiction - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (11/23)
CL Fanfiction - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue2/4CL Fanfiction - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (2/4)
CL Fanfiction - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0/0CL Fanfiction - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonlitxAngel Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:38 am

I have to wonder if we will. XD It could also be because of whatever happened to her mom. P=
MoonlitxAngel
MoonlitxAngel
Scorpion
Scorpion

Female Posts : 1049

Character Sheet
CL Fanfiction - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue10/21CL Fanfiction - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (10/21)
CL Fanfiction - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue4/6CL Fanfiction - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (4/6)

Back to top Go down

Post by Heart of Lyoko Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:17 am

Agree!
Heart of Lyoko
Heart of Lyoko
Volcanoid
Volcanoid

Female Posts : 1531

Character Sheet
CL Fanfiction - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue17/24CL Fanfiction - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (17/24)
CL Fanfiction - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue2/2CL Fanfiction - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (2/2)

http://Kitty-Hearts.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Luce 333 Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:58 am

...I don't thnk they mentn what happnd to her mom...That might be an intrstng story...
Stella Luce 333
Stella Luce 333
Spectre
Spectre

Female Posts : 2637

Character Sheet
CL Fanfiction - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue7/17CL Fanfiction - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (7/17)
CL Fanfiction - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue3/3CL Fanfiction - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (3/3)

http://www.fanfiction.net/~stellaluce333

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonlitxAngel Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:03 pm

They never do. And it would seem that Delmas either lives at the school or really close to it because in cases where kids got in trouble at night or something happened he was always there in his robe. (I don't remember which episode it was, but I know he and Jim were there.) so it would seem that he lives at the school, too.
MoonlitxAngel
MoonlitxAngel
Scorpion
Scorpion

Character Sheet
CL Fanfiction - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue10/21CL Fanfiction - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (10/21)
CL Fanfiction - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue4/6CL Fanfiction - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (4/6)

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeMeInTheShadows Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:48 pm

Ooh, I can see the story now. An epic tale of Sissi at Kadic by herself (with Jim and her father) all summer, getting into trouble with murderers who are hiding out and befriending a clumsy mime.

I think I should write it.
SeeMeInTheShadows
SeeMeInTheShadows
Mistress of Butterflies
Mistress of Butterflies

Female Posts : 4157

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1664845/

Back to top Go down

Post by Coto524 Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:26 am

Someone wrote a story where Xana possessed Sissi's mum and melted her brain using microwave radiation. Sissi put a flower next to her mother's body, then noticed she had a funny spot on her forehead.

It was so sad.
Coto524
Coto524
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Male Posts : 3955

Character Sheet
CL Fanfiction - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue19/19CL Fanfiction - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
CL Fanfiction - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue9/9CL Fanfiction - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (9/9)

Back to top Go down

Post by A_QueenOfFairys Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:19 pm

Binary10 wrote:Someone wrote a story where Xana possessed Sissi's mum and melted her brain using microwave radiation. Sissi put a flower next to her mother's body, then noticed she had a funny spot on her forehead.

It was so sad.

That would be Return to the Past by Carth. And yes, it's very sad when she dies Sad
FlowerofAdversity has written a lot of fics about Sissi and Jim's past. I haven't read many of them though, just the ones someone on dA made me look at.

Off the Sissi topic for a moment, my fave fic at the moment is The Lyoko Chronicles Book I: The Lost Tower by The Articourt Spellwright. The language used is...I don't know how to describe it. Old-style English, very formal. It's an AU story set in a time of castles and magic. All the characters fit into the setting really well, I love it!
A_QueenOfFairys
A_QueenOfFairys
Spectre
Spectre

Female Posts : 2255

http://a-queenoffairys.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonlitxAngel Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:41 pm

I've looked at a few like that. =3 Might look at it when I get the laptop back. Would you mind sending me the link through PM here, Queen? =3 Anyway, I like your banner in your signature. X3
MoonlitxAngel
MoonlitxAngel
Scorpion
Scorpion

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by A_QueenOfFairys Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:08 am

Sure, no problem c:
And thanks, I drew it the other day lol.
A_QueenOfFairys
A_QueenOfFairys
Spectre
Spectre

Female Posts : 2255

http://a-queenoffairys.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:44 pm

Stories I like:-

Code Moon / Code Twilight: Silent Void : Best CL OC's imo.

Exhale : Best Xana one-shot imo.

360 Degrees of Separation : Best Romance/Angst O/A story imo. Not finished.

Code: Crisis : Best Sci-Fi/Suspense CL story imo. Very underrated.

An Odd Couple : Odd/Sissi... well written.

Correlation : There are many great U/Y stories out there, but this one is the most realistic I have read. Great writing style and plot too.

I swear I had more in mind, but I can't remember. Will add more when I do.

Back to top Go down

Post by memoire-blanche Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:14 pm

My all-time favorite has got to be The New Dawn by Optimus304. The best fanmade Season 5 I know.
memoire-blanche
memoire-blanche
Megatank
Megatank

Female Posts : 410

http://memoire-blanche.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonlitxAngel Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:59 pm

Nice. X3 I'll probably be giving a first look into another fanfic that I'm working on that will be like my story, One Letter, that I'll work on in a notebook and then type up and post. So it'll take a lot longer to get done and such, but will probably be much better than my normal ones. XD I normally do better that way because they're longer and they get to be able to be changed before they're posted as I'm typing them. XD I've already got the prologue written, but I want to get a bit farther before I actually post it. And I want the laptop back before hand. XD
MoonlitxAngel
MoonlitxAngel
Scorpion
Scorpion

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlas Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:33 pm

Honestly, I really wasn't into Cl fanfiction until I started posting on Cl forums, like CLV or here.

Since then, I've read the stories on them so far.

I would recommend TechnoSam's 5 Book Series(Book 1 is Rise of Anax)

Also Aeon Frodo's Pretty hate machine is looking to be good..
Atlas
Atlas
Admin (Atlas)
Admin (Atlas)

Male Posts : 5304

Character Sheet
CL Fanfiction - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue5/10CL Fanfiction - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (5/10)
CL Fanfiction - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue4/12CL Fanfiction - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (4/12)
CL Fanfiction - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0/5CL Fanfiction - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/5)

Back to top Go down

Post by AeonFrodo Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:36 am

Right, CL fanfics I can recommend right now would be...

William's Clone: First Shave
A funny oneshot on the William Clone experiencing shaving...

Black Target
A very suspense-filled Code Lyoko fic. And it's not too badly written.

Out of Place
Well, I haven't reviewed on this fic yet, although I really should, because it's a well done tale of Odd joining the gang and being generally accepted by everyone.
AeonFrodo
AeonFrodo
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Character Sheet
CL Fanfiction - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue11/23CL Fanfiction - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (11/23)
CL Fanfiction - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue2/4CL Fanfiction - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (2/4)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:34 am

Action scenes. How to write, DOs, DON'Ts and how hard are they

Discuss.

Back to top Go down

Post by VGCats_Rocks Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:22 am

Not too much and not too little.

Too much: "Aelita prepared her energy fields and aimed precisely, wanting to get this done and over with. She fired the energy fields with great precision and gotten all the monsters."

What I consider little: A quote from my fanfiction (nothing too spoiler-y) ~ "Kenny materialized a L69A1 with an attached Variable Zooming scope and started shooting monsters from behind the rock he had decided to take cover behind."

Yeah....
VGCats_Rocks
VGCats_Rocks
Manta
Manta

Male Posts : 194

Character Sheet
CL Fanfiction - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue1/17CL Fanfiction - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/17)
CL Fanfiction - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue1/10CL Fanfiction - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/10)

http://vgcats-rocks.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Luce 333 Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:06 am

Actn scnes are togh, at lest for me...One thng I try to do is use thse scnes to insrt a plot twst. It's more fun if the redrs get somthng thrwn at them that they wern't expctng...
Stella Luce 333
Stella Luce 333
Spectre
Spectre

Female Posts : 2637

Character Sheet
CL Fanfiction - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue7/17CL Fanfiction - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (7/17)
CL Fanfiction - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue3/3CL Fanfiction - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (3/3)

http://www.fanfiction.net/~stellaluce333

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Jelly Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:45 pm

Action scenes can be tricky to get right. I think it's like VGCats_Rocks says; not too much and not too little.

My personal way of getting around having a huge wall of text is to break it up with dialogue as much as I can. Somehow getting in some banter alongside the ins-and-outs of a chase/fight scene makes for easier reading IMO.

I like writing action scenes with the CL gang for this reason; said dialogue is entirely in-character for them, making it pretty easy.
Soul Jelly
Soul Jelly
Scyphozoa
Scyphozoa

Back to top Go down

Post by AeonFrodo Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:57 pm

Not only that, action scenes must have sharp sentences to get the intended impact of the scene. Any run on sentences easily lose the tension of it, and the action doesn't progress as quickly as it should have.

Although, for some reason, I don't find those scenes hard to write. Even as I first started writing stories/fanfiction I never found writing them to be a problem for me. So, there are some instances where I wonder how other writers find it hard to write them.
AeonFrodo
AeonFrodo
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Jelly Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:11 pm

AeonFrodo wrote:Not only that, action scenes must have sharp sentences to get the intended impact of the scene. Any run on sentences easily lose the tension of it, and the action doesn't progress as quickly as it should have.

That's very true.

I think part of the difficulty is in keeping things creative and varied. You can only have Odd zooming along shooting laser arrows so many times before it gets repetitive, after all. I write fanfic for a few shonen manga series and sometimes I find that choreographing interesting fight scenes takes a lot of thought (and a lot of getting up from one's desk and throwing random punches and kicks at imaginary opponents Laughing)

Of course, some people are fortunate to have a knack for that kind of thing.
Soul Jelly
Soul Jelly
Scyphozoa
Scyphozoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Gocaclleta Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:37 pm

I don't get why people make Ulrich suicidal or William a rapist/ murderer/psychopath in Ulrich/Yumi fanfictions. Just something I was wondering.
Gocaclleta
Gocaclleta
Megatank
Megatank

Female Posts : 300

Character Sheet

http://Gocaclleta.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adventurer411 Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:19 am

It's mostly because they're taking the bad qualities of Ulrich/William and amplifying them or creating bad qualities that aren't even there to make the other male seem desirable. People do the same thing in Oddlita/Jerlita fanfics. They make Odd or Jeremy the bad guy to justify their story.

Both Aeon and Soul are right. Smaller and leaner sentences makes for an easier read, and easier reading is good in action, because the reader can read it faster. You don't want to have to re-read "Ulrich unsheathed his razor sharp saber and flicked his wrist as he carefully threw it like a frisbee toward the smoky figure on the edge of the plateau" when you're in suspense because Aelita is about to be thrown into the digital sea.

And do keep it varied. No one wants to read "Ulrich ran toward the hornet" "Ulrich took out his saber" "Ulrich killed the hornet and sprinted toward another one"

When in action, focus on one character for a small amount of time, then focus on another, unless you're trying to make some sort of point or the story is supposed to be focused on that character. Otherwise you forget about the others, how Odd may be five life points from devirtualization or Yumi may be hanging on the edge of the plateau, ready to fall into the digital sea.
Adventurer411
Adventurer411
Judge
Judge

Female Posts : 1150

Character Sheet
CL Fanfiction - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue20/20CL Fanfiction - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (20/20)

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlas Sat May 12, 2012 2:16 pm

What Vena said. Those depictions of Ulrich and William are based off of exaggerating some of their traits.

You know what would be a pretty cool fic? A fic that takes Yumi's P.O.V. as she grows from a social amateur into a truly self-confident and happy young woman WITHOUT having to resort to pairing her with either Ulrich or William.

It'll be sort of like the Freedom Endings from Catherine.
Atlas
Atlas
Admin (Atlas)
Admin (Atlas)

Male Posts : 5304

Character Sheet
CL Fanfiction - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue5/10CL Fanfiction - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (5/10)
CL Fanfiction - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue4/12CL Fanfiction - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (4/12)
CL Fanfiction - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0/5CL Fanfiction - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/5)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next