Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.
Xana's Lair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CL Fanfiction

+19
Gocaclleta
Soul Jelly
VGCats_Rocks
Atlas
A_QueenOfFairys
Heart of Lyoko
AeonFrodo
MoonlitxAngel
The Never Minder
Kittyclaw
i.most.certainly.love.you
memoire-blanche
AelitaBelpois
Stella Luce 333
aelitaxwilliam
Dobermutt
Railen
Coto524
SeeMeInTheShadows
23 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

CL Fanfiction - Page 7 Empty Re: CL Fanfiction

Post by Soul Jelly Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:25 am

Hahaha. Cya, all this time I've been imagining you as some kind of giant squid, and I just now looked at your avatar properly for the first time and realised it's actually a person with really long hair. XD
Oh well. You'll always be a giant squid to me. Razz And Aeon will always be a female Ulrich, and so on and so forth.

See, that really amuses me because I think everything about me screams "girl". XD

re; flames - I've been fortunate to have no flames so far, save for perhaps one or two when I first started writing fanfiction aged 12 and sucked at it. That's really bad though Cya, I'm sorry to hear it. It really irks me that people can find the time to be rude rather than just being constructive. I mean, everyone's got to start somewhere and the least you can do is not put them off writing forever, right?
Soul Jelly
Soul Jelly
Scyphozoa
Scyphozoa

Back to top Go down

Post by cya6 Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:38 am

Well, it was a kinda dark story, and it's not particularly OxA friendly. But I did say that OxA fans probably wouldn't like it, so I don't know what he was expecting.

And thanks. XP. A squid. pft. great, now I'm a squid.

Well, I guess it could be worse.
cya6
cya6
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Female Posts : 3491

Character Sheet
Health::
CL Fanfiction - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue0/0CL Fanfiction - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Energy::
CL Fanfiction - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue0/0CL Fanfiction - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Experience::

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:48 am

It's not like I actually write that much or I get hundreds of reviews, but I did get a review commenting about the title of a William one-shot that I wrote. (S)he said something like "I am become death? grammar is your friend". It wasn't rude or anything. The title is misleading, but it actually means something. I wasn't high when I put it. Google it.

Soul_Jelly wrote:The fact that I imagined you (you looking like your avatar in my mind) saying this with an extremely creepy monotone voice really just doesn't help things. O_o
You imagined me looking like the Joker?

CL Fanfiction - Page 7 The_da10

/Proud

Back to top Go down

Post by cya6 Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:52 am

You're certainly creepy enough. In a good way. I couldn't picture you any other way.
cya6
cya6
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeMeInTheShadows Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:46 am

This might seem random, and is a fanfiction question in general more than CL fanfiction, but what do you guys think about deleting fics. I've deleted more fics than I can keep track of, and I might go on another deleting spree sometime in the near future (though I'm also thinking of touching the stories up and putting them on one of my other un-used accounts).
SeeMeInTheShadows
SeeMeInTheShadows
Mistress of Butterflies
Mistress of Butterflies

Female Posts : 4157

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1664845/

Back to top Go down

Post by Snickie Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:52 am

Don't delete your fics, even the ones you think are horrible and crappy. It's a good way to read and review and see how much you've grown as a writer. Revamping is okay because you can keep the original story while fixing things such as grammar and layout, but keep the original hidden somewhere in your files.
Snickie
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Female Posts : 3198

http://snickiedude@deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Jelly Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:53 pm

Snickie wrote:Don't delete your fics, even the ones you think are horrible and crappy. It's a good way to read and review and see how much you've grown as a writer. Revamping is okay because you can keep the original story while fixing things such as grammar and layout, but keep the original hidden somewhere in your files.

I agree with this. I have major anxiety over what I'm convinced is my own terrible writing, but I'm in a good place now with regard to keeping up stuff that isn't my best work. I've learned something from every piece I've written, others might still enjoy something that I don't feel pleased with, and if nothing else I can always go back and edit.
Soul Jelly
Soul Jelly
Scyphozoa
Scyphozoa

Back to top Go down

Post by cya6 Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:48 pm

I don't think you should delete stories. if you put any work into them, they deserve to stay up. If you ever got reviews or hits favs or alerts, it means someone out there liked it, and that enough is reason to keep em Smile
cya6
cya6
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeMeInTheShadows Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:54 pm

My thing is, I had a bunch of angsty, tragedy oneshots with a ton of character death. I wouldn'st say I wrote them during a bad time in my life, because it wasn't, but I didn't take them down because of quality, I took them down because they represented a line of writing and ideals that I didn't want to persue nor continue. They weren't like, who I wanted to be known as.

I may transfer some other stories to another account (sending a little PM to any reviewers/favoriters) but just because I want to keep my CL stuff separate from my non-Cl Stuff. Though the chances of that happening is slim due to my laziness. I'll probably keep it up.
SeeMeInTheShadows
SeeMeInTheShadows
Mistress of Butterflies
Mistress of Butterflies

Back to top Go down

Post by cya6 Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:41 pm

In that case I can see taking them down.

Oh, and Shadows. Who is Yayfully Free? s/he keeps posting a bunch of your stuff.
cya6
cya6
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeMeInTheShadows Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:06 pm

Oh, Yayfully Free is Kelly, Enzo (Binary10), and I. Very Happy It's kind of like our spare account where we were supposed to do collabs and stuff but that part never worked out. I post a lot of stuff there that I don't really want to put on SeeMeInTheShadows (though to this day, I regret not posting All's Fair on my main account).
SeeMeInTheShadows
SeeMeInTheShadows
Mistress of Butterflies
Mistress of Butterflies

Back to top Go down

Post by cya6 Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:12 pm

ohhhhh...

Yeah, cause I found some stuff and I was like "Hey! This shady 'Yayfully' person shouldn't be ripping off Shadows' stuff, credit or no!"

Thanks for clearing that up, I feel marginally more informed!
cya6
cya6
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeMeInTheShadows Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:07 pm

Cya, I think I love you. Very Happy Yeah, Hostage Situation, All's Fair, Black Rose, and Fairy Girl are all mine.
SeeMeInTheShadows
SeeMeInTheShadows
Mistress of Butterflies
Mistress of Butterflies

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:42 pm

SeeMeInTheShadows wrote:I took them down because they represented a line of writing and ideals that I didn't want to persue nor continue. They weren't like, who I wanted to be known as
Not sure what you mean by this. Did you take them down because you did not want to be known as someone who writes stories with character death regardless of the quality or did did you take them down because you no longer want to follow that pattern?

IMO, you should never delete a story. Even in your case where you "don't want to be known as..." I think you should keep them. You can edit/revamp them later. You can use some of the ideas found in them for future projects. You can keep them simply for the sake of reminiscing. You'd be surprised how much you can learn about yourself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7