Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.
Xana's Lair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Daily 100 Word Drabble Competition

+4
Snickie
Kittyclaw
Adventurer411
SeeMeInTheShadows
8 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

The Daily 100 Word Drabble Competition - Page 4 Empty Re: The Daily 100 Word Drabble Competition

Post by Snickie Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:41 pm

What were yesterday and today's prompts supposed to be?
Snickie
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Female Posts : 3198

http://snickiedude@deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

The Daily 100 Word Drabble Competition - Page 4 Empty Re: The Daily 100 Word Drabble Competition

Post by SeeMeInTheShadows Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:56 am

Yesterday's prompt: we'll call it All Out
Today's prompt: Speed

Heh, I need to do quite a few make up prompts on my drabbles.
SeeMeInTheShadows
SeeMeInTheShadows
Mistress of Butterflies
Mistress of Butterflies

Female Posts : 4157

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1664845/

Back to top Go down

Post by Snickie Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:04 am

And what about Tuesday the 7th?
Snickie
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeMeInTheShadows Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:38 am

That was success. And here are all my make ups. I'm not particularly loving any of them, but I'm also pretty drabbled out right now.

Pace
The steps formed their own music after a while (drums), harmonizing with the occasional call on the loudspeaker (lyrics) and the ringing of the phone (piano).

But the most constant thing was her constant pacing, going from one end of the room to the other and then circling back. Sometimes her course stopped a little short, but she never stopped.

He wanted to get up and join her but didn’t, because right now they were in a state of limbo he didn’t want to change anything. Right now, nothing was okay but it was doable.

No news is good news.

Underdog
And again, Hiroki found it necessary to clean up his sister’s mess. That’s what big sisters are for, not little brothers!

Don’t get him wrong, he liked Lyoko. It gave him a sense of freedom he had never before experienced but it also came with a crushing pressure that he could never seem to shake.

William was eventually declared missing and everyone had to graduate. And him and his little gang became the Lyoko Warriors 2.0. Yumi still came after every attack to check on them. She didn’t understand.

For them, Lyoko was never a discovery. It was a job.

Success
There was that moment when you were suddenly in the past where the only thing you could feel was discombobulated. Your eyes would quickly try to find where (or when) you are and your brain starts thinking of all the things you can do differently.

But no matter what, you feel separated. Like you’re the only one in the theater who’s seen the movie before and it’s really not all that great a second time.

That’s life. C’est la vie. And you only get one chance to live it.

Or as many times as you can return to the past.

All Out
Sometimes, Odd’s future flash proved to be invaluable.

Of course, that usually depended on whether or not it actually happened (seriously, if Odd had a reliable power like the others, he would use it more than once every other month) and if he was hit while he had it.

Today, however, it was not. He zoned out just enough to see him getting hit while he was zoning out. He also saw Ulrich and Yumi getting devirtualized, but of course could not shout out a warning.

Aelita came through, taking out six monsters and then calmly walking to the tower.

Speed
It once took fourteen seconds for Aelita to get to the tower.

It was an Odd and Aelita trip. Ulrich and Yumi were on the verge of death, being attacked by a statue of a basilisk that had slithered its way out of the local museum.

When Odd and Aelita were virtualized, Aelita landed on the block they supposed to attack, and Odd landed right in front of the path of the Kankrelots, who tripped over his foot, created a pileup, and fell into the digital sea.

It was quite pathetic.

Somehow, Ulrich and Yumi still managed to almost die.

SeeMeInTheShadows
SeeMeInTheShadows
Mistress of Butterflies
Mistress of Butterflies

Back to top Go down

Post by Snickie Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:56 pm

Zomg Shadows. I laughed so hard at the last two, especially the second one. XDDD I have people looking at me like I'm an idiot (I'm still at band camp).
Snickie
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeMeInTheShadows Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:10 pm

Very Happy Don't worry, Snickie, we know the truth. We know the truth!!

Also, today's.

10/8: Adrenaline
SeeMeInTheShadows
SeeMeInTheShadows
Mistress of Butterflies
Mistress of Butterflies

Back to top Go down

Post by Snickie Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:51 pm

I've got some of the make-up drabbles uploaded to FFn right now. I might post them here later when I get back on my laptop.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8273083/15/Drabblections
Snickie
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Jelly Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:47 am

Some lovely Odd!death fic for Shadows. Wink
(Alternate ending to 'Revelation'.)

Speed
It was a slow and senseless death.

He'd have wanted it to be quick, if not in a blaze of glory. Anything but this gradual slipping, the blackness a spreading shadow at the corners of his vision.

His lungs strained to contain their oxygen (the last they would ever breathe), his heart hammering against his ribs; paradoxically, all the world slowed down around him, distorted by the ripples his numb fingers made in the water.

Only a silent blue sky bore witness to this final struggle. The world sped up again, as the final rush of bubbles left his mouth.
Soul Jelly
Soul Jelly
Scyphozoa
Scyphozoa

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeMeInTheShadows Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:48 am

SOUL! <3 ily, okay?

And today's prompt:
11/8: Spirit
SeeMeInTheShadows
SeeMeInTheShadows
Mistress of Butterflies
Mistress of Butterflies

Back to top Go down

Post by Adventurer411 Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:23 pm

Shadows. If you love Odd so much, then why have him killed? ;a;
Catch up time!

All Out

The shining stacks of chips were pushed forward.

Mutterings broke out at the amount. Even a few players couldn’t disguise their shock or relief—going all
out at this point would be idiotic.

He reached a hand toward the cards with a neutral expression—

“Come to Crazy Cal’s Chicken! We’re selling you chicken at prices so low that it’s crazy—”

“Della Robbia! Put that back on, now.”

“Aw, Jim—”

“Now!”

“But poker is so boring.”

“Detention if you don’t hand me that remote right now.”

“Oh, look! Someone changed it to poker then dropped the remote. Bye!”
----------

Adrenaline

Take this, Odd says.

I look over the tangle of wires, trying not to see the rapidly dropping numbers.

It’ll help you fight, he says.

I don’t dare withdraw my shaking hands to brush back hair or push up my glasses.

What if I don’t need to fight? I think bitterly.

One wrong move, and Jeremy Belpois turns into Jeremy bits.

I’ve learned a little about this in a class, but I don’t know if I can disarm something this complicated. A tip for you teens out there that have to disarm bombs:

Adrenaline does not help in that situation.
Adventurer411
Adventurer411
Judge
Judge

Female Posts : 1150

Character Sheet
Health::
The Daily 100 Word Drabble Competition - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue20/20The Daily 100 Word Drabble Competition - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (20/20)
Energy::
The Daily 100 Word Drabble Competition - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue3/3The Daily 100 Word Drabble Competition - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (3/3)
Experience::
The Daily 100 Word Drabble Competition - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0/0The Daily 100 Word Drabble Competition - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeMeInTheShadows Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:38 pm

8/12 Victory
SeeMeInTheShadows
SeeMeInTheShadows
Mistress of Butterflies
Mistress of Butterflies

Back to top Go down

Post by Adventurer411 Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:59 am

Victory

There are screams and gasps. (From scares and running)

Almost goes before died. (Next time it might not be there)

Wounds sear pain. (Not always physical)

Innocents flee on Earth. (At least they don't have to fight)

The title is awarded unwillingly. (What if we don't want to be heroes anymore?)

Dangerous stunts are risked. (They could save or lose lives)

Devirtualization, desperation, and lucky shots achieve our goal. (The tower is barely deactivated)

The ultimate advantage goes to Xana. (We're cornered into endless defense)

We're victorious. (But only temporarily)

The white light engulfs us. (We must do it all again)
Adventurer411
Adventurer411
Judge
Judge

Female Posts : 1150

Character Sheet
Health::
The Daily 100 Word Drabble Competition - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue20/20The Daily 100 Word Drabble Competition - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (20/20)
Energy::
The Daily 100 Word Drabble Competition - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue3/3The Daily 100 Word Drabble Competition - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (3/3)
Experience::
The Daily 100 Word Drabble Competition - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0/0The Daily 100 Word Drabble Competition - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post by Snickie Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:24 pm

I've moved all of my XL Olympics drabbles. You can find all of them except 'Victory' (which I haven't published yet) here. Smile

No, I will not take the time to update the links because it is past midnight and I am a sleepy Snickie.
Snickie
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Jelly Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:52 pm

I'm calling this "The Odd Death Series". In which I cater to Shadows' love of character death and angst. Razz

Nerves

It was his nerves, they said, and the way he had fallen, and somehow it all meant that he didn't have long left.

No more return trips in time - that was long over with now - though Ulrich would have run back to the Factory and switched on the supercomputer and done anything at all to make it so none of this had happened.

On the hospital bed, Odd's eyes cracked open. He gave a weak smile. Ulrich dreaded the moment he'd try to move, the shocking, painful realisation in eyes where the light of life and laughter would soon fade..
Soul Jelly
Soul Jelly
Scyphozoa
Scyphozoa

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeMeInTheShadows Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:10 pm

ILOVEYOUSOUL!!!!!!!<3 Thanks!
SeeMeInTheShadows
SeeMeInTheShadows
Mistress of Butterflies
Mistress of Butterflies

Back to top Go down

Post by Snickie Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:40 pm

ZOMGSOULTHATWASAMAZING!!!!!!!! <3

In other news, Victory is up, and XANA's Olympics: The Drabbles is finally complete!

I don't want to spam this entire post with the drabbles I didn't post by day, and I don't want to spoil the ending to people who haven't read the whole series yet, so links will have to do.

PS. A big fat piece of cake to Shadows for all her lovely reviews. <3 Thank you! I love reviews. Razz
Snickie
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4