Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.
Xana's Lair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Daily 100 Word Drabble Competition

+4
Snickie
Kittyclaw
Adventurer411
SeeMeInTheShadows
8 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The Daily 100 Word Drabble Competition - Page 2 Empty Re: The Daily 100 Word Drabble Competition

Post by Snickie Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:31 am

You too, Vena!
Snickie
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Female Posts : 3198

http://snickiedude@deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

The Daily 100 Word Drabble Competition - Page 2 Empty Re: The Daily 100 Word Drabble Competition

Post by SeeMeInTheShadows Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:33 pm

Looking back, the whole thing was a blur.

He ran up to her one day, and they just talked. And then the next she knew, they were going to cafés, first as friends and then as something more. And just a second later (or so it seemed) they were kissing.

And somehow, he had brought her zip lining and she had fallen in love. With the activity. And maybe with him.

He wasn’t full of ‘somedays.’

Life had been ULRICH, ULRICH, ULRICH. And then, somewhere, somehow it had slowly turned into odd. Odd. ODD.

And Yumi Ishiyama couldn’t be happier.
SeeMeInTheShadows
SeeMeInTheShadows
Mistress of Butterflies
Mistress of Butterflies

Female Posts : 4157

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1664845/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittyclaw Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:12 pm

Carth: I love it! I can totally see this happening, and I love the way you worked with the fact that William is like "I just want Yumi to be happy and your dilly-dallying isn't making her so, so I'm stepping it." It's awesome to see William in drabbles, and I love seeing his and Yumi's dynamic explored further.

Vena: That's adorable! I love the idea that Odd and Ulrich are just dorking around doing something so silly and strange. It really gives the idea of them as two roommates desperate for something to do to keep busy on the days off when there's just nothing else to do. Love it, and it's halarious <3

Snickie: D: you've broken my feels. You just--I don't--and they---omgsh. Yes.

Shadows: I am in love with you and your pairing loveliness. I've really liked the dynamic Odd and Yumi could have--they seem like they would be so fun, like Odd would make Yumi more into adventure and Yumi would calm Odd down just a tad. And I love this part: "And somehow, he had brought her zip lining and she had fallen in love. With the activity. And maybe with him." That like, transition between friendship and love done through the ziplining is so cool.

And blahblahblah you're all amazing and here's mine but omgsh yours are all cooler.

It’s a rush, a roar, filling her ears, shaking the air, and suddenly they’re hurtling along and it’s not at all like they said it would be. It’s nothing like the Overboard—she has no control here—or like the Overwing—that rides smooth and low—or the Overbike—that’s fast and fun and, like them all, she’s driving. Or someone she trusts.

Her friends grin her way, and she clutches Jeremy and Yumi’s hands as her stomach drops and so does the ground.

It’s not the rush she expected, and she thinks maybe she doesn’t like flying after all.
Kittyclaw
Kittyclaw
Megatank
Megatank

Female Posts : 316

http://www.fanfiction.net/~Kittyclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by CarthagoDelenda Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:42 pm

GAH I'm going to comment on these 'cause they're awesome:

Adventurer: GAH this is adorable! Just Ulrich and Odd being themselves...and it reminds me of the FUN song from Spongebob. :3

Snickie: I-I- ;_____; That's such a sad end for her...fantastically written, though! Gah, I love good CL fic!

Shadow: Now THAT'S different! Different but fantastic.

Kittyclaw: And this, this is adorable! Very Happy
CarthagoDelenda
CarthagoDelenda
Hornet
Hornet

Female Posts : 23

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeMeInTheShadows Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:45 pm

Thanks guys! YumixOdd is really becoming my OTP and I have no idea why! And after my zip lining escapade last week (which was legit, one of the most amazing experiences in my life and I really want to go back), I just had to mention it somewhere!
SeeMeInTheShadows
SeeMeInTheShadows
Mistress of Butterflies
Mistress of Butterflies

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeMeInTheShadows Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:03 am

New drabble!

7/30: Bronze
SeeMeInTheShadows
SeeMeInTheShadows
Mistress of Butterflies
Mistress of Butterflies

Back to top Go down

Post by Adventurer411 Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:39 am

Aelita watched the sun sink lower into the pink and orange ocean that was the sky, sighing with content.

He smiledit was shy but large, directed at his lap.

The sight of it made her giggle. "It's beautiful, isn't it?"

"Mhmm," Jeremy murmured. Aelita failed to notice that they weren't staring in the same direction. "Very beautiful."

She turned to him, trying to identify the sun-added element to his smile. It wasn't goldthat was too bright and flashy.

He blushed under her gaze.

Bronze, she decided. His smile was bronze, and in her opinion, much better than gold.

Yay for Jerlita! Jerlittta.
Adventurer411
Adventurer411
Judge
Judge

Female Posts : 1150

Character Sheet
Health::
The Daily 100 Word Drabble Competition - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue20/20The Daily 100 Word Drabble Competition - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (20/20)
Energy::
The Daily 100 Word Drabble Competition - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue3/3The Daily 100 Word Drabble Competition - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (3/3)
Experience::
The Daily 100 Word Drabble Competition - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0The Daily 100 Word Drabble Competition - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Luce 333 Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:04 pm

Alita’s POV:

I shouldn’t be so nervous.

I’ve done this before. I’ve played at several school dances, & I know I’m good at this. I’ve even been here before, since this is technically my second time getting ready for the opening night. If anything, I should be more relaxed now, since we’ve already beaten XANA once tonight…

But I still jump when the manager knocks on my door, telling me that it’s time to go on…

I have to relax. Nothing’s different than it was before…except that Jeremy is in the audience this time…

Suddenly, I’m not nervous any more…

---

Jeremy’s POV:

It started just like any other day.

I woke up & got ready for school. I ate breakfast alone, as usual. I sketched some ideas for robots while I ate. I had some great ideas for stuff I wanted to do, but I had no idea where to get the parts. It’s not like boarding schools have scrap metal lying around…

I was in science class when I overheard Herb tell Nicolas about the old factory. Nobody knew what it had been used for, but there were tons of old machines…

That night was the start of everything…

---

Alita’s POV:

I’ve had this dream before.

I’m just walking in the woods near the Hermitage. It’s all innocent for now, but I know it won’t stay that way. I know that I can’t wake myself up at this point...

It feels like I’m being watched. I know that it’s the wolf again, but I turn around any way.

I turn & run as fast as I can. The wolf chases me, just like all the other times. I know it’ll catch me, but I keep running…

I finally get to wake up. I’m safe now…until the dream comes back…

Stella Luce 333
Stella Luce 333
Spectre
Spectre

Female Posts : 2637

Character Sheet
The Daily 100 Word Drabble Competition - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue7/17The Daily 100 Word Drabble Competition - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (7/17)
The Daily 100 Word Drabble Competition - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue3/3The Daily 100 Word Drabble Competition - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (3/3)
The Daily 100 Word Drabble Competition - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0The Daily 100 Word Drabble Competition - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

http://www.fanfiction.net/~stellaluce333

Back to top Go down

Post by Snickie Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:19 pm

Continuing with my drabble story:
For their performance on Lyoko, Yumi would have given them a bronze medal for third place.

Silver, for second place, didn't cut it: they didn't deactivate the tower in time to keep her out of serious pain.

Gold, first place, most definitely didn't apply: they didn't stop the attack before it happened.

Fourth place and beyond didn't apply, as they had definitely received a medal, that medal being the preservation of Yumi's life.

No. This time, it was XANA who had lost. Had earned last place for failing to accomplish his goal.

The Lyoko Warriors cautiously celebrated their small victory.
Snickie
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeMeInTheShadows Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:52 pm

Kadic was not a school well known for its precocious students.

Sure, it had its fair share of prodigies, an occasional genius, and numbers upon numbers of certainly gifted students, though not exceptional.

But there were always exceptions.

Jeremie was just….smart. The next household name. Future computer programmer for sure with his pick of future education.

And in any other school, Herve would be the local smart guy instead. But, Jeremie’s shadows drowned him out, his talents hidden by acne and glasses.

And if Herve was hidden by Jeremie, then was there really any hope for her?

Emily didn’t know.
SeeMeInTheShadows
SeeMeInTheShadows
Mistress of Butterflies
Mistress of Butterflies

Back to top Go down

Post by Snickie Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:02 pm

D:
SO BEAUTIFUL SHADOWS!
That was just so... so perfect!
I would've never thought of something like that.
Snickie
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeMeInTheShadows Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:23 pm

Snickie, yours was fantastic too! I LOVED how you had them comparing Lyoko to medals, because it's really something that people woudl do in real life, and I can sort of imagine them looking back on a mission, shrugging their shoulders, and saying, "eh, not our best. But still pretty great." Not that it happened specifically like that, but I could see it. Very Happy
SeeMeInTheShadows
SeeMeInTheShadows
Mistress of Butterflies
Mistress of Butterflies

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittyclaw Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:25 pm

Snickie, I love you drabble story you have going. That Yumi wouldn't just be like "Well, at least we got it!" makes so much sense, and it really adds this element of realism to the idea of a world changing fight they're fighting.

Shadows, I did not see your ending coming. The whole time I was like "Who's coming between Herve and Jeremy I don't understand how will she bring this all together?" and then Emily right at the end and it's like...so...D:

Also mine. I don't know it I managed to pull this one off, but eh:

They tell themselves it’s like sports—they didn’t win, per-say, but they did their best and that’s what counts. They pretend that deactivating the tower is worth the Gold, making it after they’ve lost a life is only barely Silver. They tell themselves these things, because it makes futility feel like victory.

Futility because they know, in the end, they won’t win—not against this. The game was always rigged, only third place up for grabs.

In the game of Lyoko, deactivating the tower is Gold.

Deactivating it after a loss is Silver.

And there’s no such thing as Bronze.
Kittyclaw
Kittyclaw
Megatank
Megatank

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeMeInTheShadows Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:58 pm

7/31: Silver
SeeMeInTheShadows
SeeMeInTheShadows
Mistress of Butterflies
Mistress of Butterflies

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Luce 333 Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:51 am

Sissy’s POV

I just have to get his attention.

Even though I’m obviously the better choice for him, he only has eyes for Yumi. He never notices my new clothes, or when I put my hair into a different style, or when I buy a new perfume. Nothing seems to catch his attention.

I don’t know what he sees in her. She never wears make up, & her style doesn’t change much. It’s like she doesn’t even try at all…

Maybe this new lip gloss will get his attention. After all, you don’t see too many girls with bronze lips…
Stella Luce 333
Stella Luce 333
Spectre
Spectre

Female Posts : 2637

Character Sheet
The Daily 100 Word Drabble Competition - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue7/17The Daily 100 Word Drabble Competition - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (7/17)

http://www.fanfiction.net/~stellaluce333

Back to top Go down

Post by Adventurer411 Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:13 am

Stella, that was a really interesting way to portray it! Sissi's not quite understanding why she can't get Ulrich and actually trying. Nice!

He breathes heavily with the effort to hold back tears, staring at the floor.

It isn't his fault. How can they blame him for Yumi's deathhUlrich especially?

No one says it outright. But he sees it in their eyes, even Aelita's.

You should have known.

How was he supposed to know that Xana had gotten a self-upgrade? Their only warning now was a small ring of silver around the pupil, no target symbol.

Jeremy let his tears fall.

A choked sob escaped his throat when he noticed how the moonlight glinted off of the liquid, turning it silver.

ANGSTANGSTANGST.

Sorry to you Yumi and Yulrich fans out there. Razz
Adventurer411
Adventurer411
Judge
Judge

Character Sheet
The Daily 100 Word Drabble Competition - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue20/20The Daily 100 Word Drabble Competition - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (20/20)

Back to top Go down

Post by CarthagoDelenda Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:55 pm

Ah, an Olympics pattern! I couldn't think of one for yesterday so let's see if i can do better with this one...

---

"So, how’s it feel?”

Odd twisted the silver wedding band on his finger. “Kind of heavy. Heavy and weird.”

“What, you’re not going to say restricting? Or painful?” Ulrich laughed, setting his wineglass down on the white tablecloth.

“Ha ha, funny as ever.” Odd smirked at Ulrich. “Or at least I would laugh if I wasn’t in this monkey suit…”

“You won’t have to be in it much longer.” Ulrich winked.

“True. I never thought I’d have any of this, or even like it…” Odd’s smile softened. "But really, dear, it’s beautiful. I love you. Shall we dance?"

---

TWIST ENDING :3
CarthagoDelenda
CarthagoDelenda
Hornet
Hornet

Female Posts : 23

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeMeInTheShadows Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:47 pm

That was a twist ending. Cool I figured I'd go the werewolf route for this one, and I was pretty happy.

Howls broke through the still silence of the woods surrounding the old school.

In Jeremie’s room, he sat huddled with Ulrich, Yumi, and Aelita, his window open as a slight cool breeze blew in carrying the howls.

“Do you think he’ll be alright?” Aelita asked.

Jeremie stared straight ahead and barely nodded. “He’s been fine every other time.” He had been too, month after month, full moon after full moon.

But Odd doesn’t come back in the dawn, so they look for him after breakfast. A low moan led them to him.

Lodged in his leg was a silver bullet.
SeeMeInTheShadows
SeeMeInTheShadows
Mistress of Butterflies
Mistress of Butterflies

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittyclaw Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:14 pm

Carth, I love yours! It's such a cool lool into how they would feel about marrige :] And Shadows!!! So much story in so little space! I love both of your choices for this prompt~

--

A country gives its soldiers medals for all kinds of reasons: selflessness or bravery or courage. It gives out medals for ingenuity, determination, for acts of valor and for reasons that no one can ever know about.

This medal, shaped like olive branches and hung from a strip of soft purple ribbon, stands for all of those things and more.

As Jim looks into that silver surface he wonders if losing his friends and dismantling their families was worth the valor of destroying a program cloaked in secrets. Wonders, but never asks.

After all, he’d rather not talk about it.
Kittyclaw
Kittyclaw
Megatank
Megatank

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeMeInTheShadows Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:04 pm

Kitty! This kind of reminds me of Rena's fic with Jim being much more involved in Project Carthage than is shown and you also really make it work and I absolutely love Jim angst. <3

8/1: Gold

Who saw that one coming? Because I sure didn't.
SeeMeInTheShadows
SeeMeInTheShadows
Mistress of Butterflies
Mistress of Butterflies

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyokofelinae Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:56 am

Maybe i could give it a shot.

~~

It is a dark cool night. Odd and I are looking at the stars. The stars shines like gold and it pervious and it beautiful.

Odd turns his head and stares at me “Sissi do you like the Starry Night Sky” he smiled.

“Yes Odd, I do like it and it beautiful” Siss blush a little and bringing into a hug.

Lyokofelinae
Lyokofelinae
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Male Posts : 3043

Character Sheet
The Daily 100 Word Drabble Competition - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue13/27The Daily 100 Word Drabble Competition - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (13/27)
The Daily 100 Word Drabble Competition - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1/2The Daily 100 Word Drabble Competition - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/2)

http://lyokofelinae247.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeMeInTheShadows Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:56 am

Just for clarification, this goes along with Kitty's story Xanadu in which, I show my idea of them starting preparations for the big heist mentioned at the end. I don't know if this is how she had it imagined, but I thought it would be fun to try. Very Happy

Cling. Clatter.

Odd slowly raised his head from his arms and saw the gold coins spiral around the table until they came to a slow stop. Looking up, he saw Ulrich holding an empty sack and Jeremie leaning against the door.

Odd picked up a coin and held it to his eye. He used to bite their spoils, but three hospital visits later, Jeremie ruled against that.

“So I’m guessing it was successful?”

Jeremie’s reply was the tapping of his foot.

“Relax, Einstein.” Odd tossed him a packet of papers. “How big will this one be, anyway?”

Jeremie smiled. “Giant.”
SeeMeInTheShadows
SeeMeInTheShadows
Mistress of Butterflies
Mistress of Butterflies

Back to top Go down

The Daily 100 Word Drabble Competition - Page 2 Empty Silver and Gold

Post by Snickie Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:02 pm

She stared up, the clouds turning the sky a strange silver color.

It was strange that the sky was such a solemn color for a day of celebration, the day of her anniversary with Jeremie. Yumi, Odd, and even William had pitched in to make the cute couple feel special. Granted, the day just wasn't complete without Ulrich, but it had still been a good day. The sky, however, showed its disagreeance with the darkening of its clouds.

Whatever, she decided. This was a great day. Nothing was going to ruin her spirits. Nothing.

She didn't see the silver car.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

If Allstate could have used this scenario for their Mayhem commercials, they'd have the highest-rated tear-jerking commercial.

"I'm a car, possessed and being controlled remotely by a demonic artificial intelligence," Dean Winters would say. "You're enjoying your day, just walking around, and I suddenly drive by and run over your boyfriend. And if you got your life insurance at the same place you got your cut-rate car insurance, it sure ain't gonna pay for this."

No it wouldn't, Aelita thought as she gently caressed Jeremie's golden hair. It was stringy and limp, like the rest of him.
Snickie
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Back to top Go down

Post by Adventurer411 Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:07 pm

SNIKI ;A; NOOO!

The sound of bawling fills the room.

He takes the time to marvel at the noise contained in such a tiny infant. His attention quickly shifts to the exhausted but beautiful face of the woman on the bed. The setting sun comes through the window to paint her in gold.

"Aelita." The whisper is nearly inaudible. The infant, tiny strands of pink hair shaking in rhythm with fists and feet, is cradled gently in her arms. Pure joy mixes with the gold in her face.

The same joy he sees explodes in his chest.

This is truly a golden moment.
Adventurer411
Adventurer411
Judge
Judge

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittyclaw Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:47 pm

In this kind of war there’s no silver lining. But there’s something else, hidden in moments almost forgettable.

It’s in a momentary look of wonder in green eyes that, in an act once thought impossible, returned to Earth. It’s in the fleeting shadow of a blush neither thought they’d feel again. In the blonde who manages to see adventure in every unexpected fight and one who, despite the odds, turns even the hardest loss into something that can feel like victory.

It’s not a silver lining, but in those tiny moments they see something much more golden.

They see hope.
Kittyclaw
Kittyclaw
Megatank
Megatank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next