Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.
Xana's Lair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The many unsolved questions of Code Lyoko

+24
juejue
The Pastamancer
Umbra Animus
The Random Persons
eseiprahs
CarthagoDelenda
Neron641
SeeMeInTheShadows
_Odd_
Snickie
LovelyMadness13
Smartguy5000
Gocaclleta
AeonFrodo
Soul Jelly
tylerroyer
Lyokofelinae
aelitaxwilliam
A_QueenOfFairys
Eilorae
Atlas
Stella Luce 333
Coto524
CodeXanadu25
28 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The many unsolved questions of Code Lyoko - Page 3 Empty Re: The many unsolved questions of Code Lyoko

Post by aelitaxwilliam Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:27 pm

Jumping in randomly about the math thing. I have a friend who lived in France, and I remember her saying that they did a lot of geometry, but pretty much no algebral. She was in a French school around the time the CL kids were originally (equivalent to our eighth grade, I think?).
aelitaxwilliam
aelitaxwilliam
Moderator (Desert Sector)

Female Posts : 4579

Character Sheet
Health::
The many unsolved questions of Code Lyoko - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue14/18The many unsolved questions of Code Lyoko - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (14/18)
Energy::
The many unsolved questions of Code Lyoko - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue4/5The many unsolved questions of Code Lyoko - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (4/5)
Experience::
The many unsolved questions of Code Lyoko - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0/0The many unsolved questions of Code Lyoko - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

The many unsolved questions of Code Lyoko - Page 3 Empty Re: The many unsolved questions of Code Lyoko

Post by Stella Luce 333 Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:59 am

I remember having some geometry in middle school…It wasn’t as in depth as high school, but we did talk about right triangles…
Stella Luce 333
Stella Luce 333
Spectre
Spectre

Female Posts : 2637

Character Sheet
The many unsolved questions of Code Lyoko - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue7/17The many unsolved questions of Code Lyoko - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (7/17)
The many unsolved questions of Code Lyoko - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue3/3The many unsolved questions of Code Lyoko - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (3/3)
The many unsolved questions of Code Lyoko - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0/0The many unsolved questions of Code Lyoko - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

http://www.fanfiction.net/~stellaluce333

Back to top Go down

Post by Snickie Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:39 am

I pretty much only took Algebra in middle school (Pre-Algebra in 6th grade, Algebra 1 in 7th, Algebra 2 in 8th), with just enough geometry thrown in to pass the FCAT. But I was also in an advanced program, and supposedly now they've switched out Algebra 2 for Geometry, or they're teaching it alongside Pre-Algebra, or something like that. I really don't know.

But not every single country or region or school district or even school teaches from the same curriculum. Perhaps the French schools teach Geometry before teaching Algebra (though that doesn't make sense to me because Algebra helps tremendously with Geometry).
Snickie
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Female Posts : 3198

http://snickiedude@deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by _Odd_ Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:12 pm

.........weird..........
I learned regular math all the way up to 8.... 8th grade I learned pre Algebra. 9th Algebra 1, 10th, Geometry, 11th Algebra 2, and then I didn't have to take a math class this year.
_Odd_
_Odd_
Blok
Blok

Male Posts : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by Snickie Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:26 pm

Like I said, I was in the TAG (talented and gifted) program. We skipped sixth and seventh grade math (general mathematics). And in Florida, it is now a requirement that you take four math courses in order to graduate, which means either financial algebra or trigonometry. Me? I currently have seven math credits because I took AP Statistics and AP Calculus BC this year. Scores are available, but I'd rather not spend 8USD just for someone to say a single-digit number. I'm going to wait for the written report that's supposed to come sometime either next week or the week after.

But now we're really off-topic. Smile

Question: Why don't the hornets use their sticky green poison spray more often? They could just spray the ground around the tower to prevent Aelita from getting in and XANA would win (until Jeremie would be able to program in Aelita's wings).
Snickie
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Back to top Go down

Post by _Odd_ Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:25 pm

All this talk of math is making my head hurt! XD

Because the hornets aren't very bright XD
_Odd_
_Odd_
Blok
Blok

Male Posts : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by aelitaxwilliam Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:02 pm

Snickie wrote:I pretty much only took Algebra in middle school (Pre-Algebra in 6th grade, Algebra 1 in 7th, Algebra 2 in 8th), with just enough geometry thrown in to pass the FCAT. But I was also in an advanced program, and supposedly now they've switched out Algebra 2 for Geometry, or they're teaching it alongside Pre-Algebra, or something like that. I really don't know.

But not every single country or region or school district or even school teaches from the same curriculum. Perhaps the French schools teach Geometry before teaching Algebra (though that doesn't make sense to me because Algebra helps tremendously with Geometry).
Yeah, my (French) friend was complaining about Algebra 2 this year, since she had to do a lot of review the summer before last year to catch up on really basic algebra concepts she'd never learned. And even then, there was some stuff that she hadn't gotten to go over yet, so while it was "oh, let's review Algebra 1" in the school year sometimes, for her it was more like "let's learn some new concepts with additional new stuff all at once!". It was really shocking to learn what they hadn't covered in France.

As for your question...probably the same reason why Aelita isn't always sprinting towards the tower even though certain LWs may be on the verge of dying on Earth and other havoc is being wreaked. Hornets make for suspense, but just enough that the LWs won't actually die. Which would, um, be pretty bad.
aelitaxwilliam
aelitaxwilliam

Female Posts : 4579

Character Sheet
The many unsolved questions of Code Lyoko - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue14/18The many unsolved questions of Code Lyoko - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (14/18)
The many unsolved questions of Code Lyoko - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue4/5The many unsolved questions of Code Lyoko - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (4/5)

Back to top Go down

Post by A_QueenOfFairys Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:11 pm

Wow that's weird, here the gifted and talented programme is called GATS XD S for students.

Hm...year 8 geometry...we started geometry before high school even, but only in the sense of learning about shapes, volume, area, etc. Year 8, looking at my book, we did Pythagoras, hypotenuse, area and volume conversions, angles, properties of certain shapes, yadda yadda. And while I do go to a smart people school, this stuff is in the curriculum for normal schools as well. We just do a more advanced version of it.
We started basic algebra and geometry in year 7.

So yeah, it's possible for them to learn that stuff in junior high, if only on a more basic level to what's learnt in high school.
A_QueenOfFairys
A_QueenOfFairys
Spectre
Spectre

Female Posts : 2255

http://a-queenoffairys.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Snickie Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:05 pm

My high school doesn't have a TAG program or anything. We have honors for most and AP for some, and we run on a fixed schedule that almost never deviates. For example, I was screwed over by the scheduling this year because I was supposed to take AP English Language (AP Lang) and AP US History (APUSH), but it conflicted with AP Calculus. My only open block was 1st block in the first term, and the only English 3 class they offered at that time was English 3 regular. Our school used to have an honors system where you signed a contract to get the weighted GPA and basically did more work, but now it's all or nobody. It stunk. At least I got into American History Honors.

Anyway, my high school's version of TAG is you can take courses a year ahead. For example, I took 10th grade Geometry Honors in 9th grade, and I lucked out with 12th grade trigonometry in 10th grade because I had already taken 11th grade Algebra 2. But since my middle school didn't offer high school English courses even to TAG students (they started the year after I left), I'm stuck taking the four regular English classes. Same with all my history classes, though at least there's an AP option most of the time.

For Geometry before I took the specific class in 9th grade, we learned pretty much everything A_QueenOfFairys (I forgot your name, sorry!) just listed.

What really interests me is that I hear Mrs. Hertz talking about stuff in science that we never learned before. For example, that phenomenon described in "Image Problem" is something I've never heard of, even in my AP science classes. What level of science are these kids at?
Snickie
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Back to top Go down

Post by Neron641 Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:20 pm

Here's something to get back on track. In a fic I'm working on Jeremy's been a secret agent working for the government to kill Xana and eventually Aeilita when the time is right.
Neron641
Neron641
Insekt
Insekt

Male Posts : 84

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Luce 333 Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:36 am

What really interests me is that I hear Mrs. Hertz talking about stuff in science that we never learned before. For example, that phenomenon described in "Image Problem" is something I've never heard of, even in my AP science classes. What level of science are these kids at?

I think that her lessons are supposed to fore shadow the attack that’s to come, especially if you look at Season 1…
Stella Luce 333
Stella Luce 333
Spectre
Spectre

Character Sheet
The many unsolved questions of Code Lyoko - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue7/17The many unsolved questions of Code Lyoko - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (7/17)
The many unsolved questions of Code Lyoko - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue3/3The many unsolved questions of Code Lyoko - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (3/3)

Back to top Go down

Post by Snickie Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:41 am

They are. But they're, like, college-level phenomena that they're trying to teach to middle schoolers! No wonder Ulrich and Odd have such a hard time in her class!

Question: Where did Jeremie get all the money and time to get a radiation suit in Common Interest and that thing that reads the satellite signals in Satellite?
Snickie
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Back to top Go down

Post by Neron641 Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:45 pm

Did everybody just ignore me. WTF:evil:
Neron641
Neron641
Insekt
Insekt

Back to top Go down

Post by Snickie Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:53 pm

You were talking about a fic you're writing (which belongs in the fanfiction section, whatever it is they call it here, and not in this thread), not an actual loose end left open by the series. And I get ignored all the time. It's a fact of life. Deal with it. Neutral
Snickie
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Back to top Go down

Post by Neron641 Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:53 pm

I wanted to start a conversation about the possibilities of Jeremy working for MIB
Neron641
Neron641
Insekt
Insekt

Back to top Go down

Post by Snickie Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:13 pm

It's an interesting approach, but unlikely, since we never hear of it at all, and Jeremie seems to be afraid of them in "False Lead" (not just because they were XANAfied, I'm talking about before). And you're probably going to jump on the word "seems" in that last sentence. I'd say there's more evidence that he's against the MIB (whoever they really are) than with the MIB.
Snickie
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Back to top Go down

Post by Neron641 Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:35 pm

Well, what could of happened was that the idiots were assassins from a terrorist organization trying to get control of Aelita Idea
Neron641
Neron641
Insekt
Insekt

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Luce 333 Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:37 am

I always thought that they were from the government, & that the government was chasing Franz…
Stella Luce 333
Stella Luce 333
Spectre
Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Neron641 Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:44 am

or maybe it was a scenerio created to check on his progress
Neron641
Neron641
Insekt
Insekt

Back to top Go down

Post by CarthagoDelenda Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:19 pm

Goodness..there are tons.

1) What IS Project Carthage, and if it was so important to the show's lore why was it only in one episode?

2) What was up with XANA-possessed William stroking Yumi's face in Double Take?

3) What country IS Odd from?

Among others...
CarthagoDelenda
CarthagoDelenda
Hornet
Hornet

Female Posts : 23

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Luce 333 Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:09 am

XANA was trying to have Yumi believe that William was free. If XANA was able to know how William felt about Yumi, maybe XANA thought Yumi felt the same way…?
Stella Luce 333
Stella Luce 333
Spectre
Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by eseiprahs Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:03 am

Samantha and Taelia are both unsolved questions. Also, I wonder why Sissi's mother isn't around.
eseiprahs
eseiprahs
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Female Posts : 5177

Character Sheet
The many unsolved questions of Code Lyoko - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue18/18The many unsolved questions of Code Lyoko - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (18/18)
The many unsolved questions of Code Lyoko - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue1/1The many unsolved questions of Code Lyoko - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3757556/eseiprahs1     http://eseipr

Back to top Go down

Post by The Random Persons Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:57 pm

Hmmm, I'm pretty sure that Samantha lives in another town/country/not easily availiable area, which is why we don't see much of her. I can't currently remember exactly who Tailia is, but I know the general consensuss on Sissy's mom is that she's dead...

But I also have a couple of questions:

1) Maybe there an episode that I missed, but why can't the LW's get back in the scanners right away? Cell degeneration or something?

2)How come only Aileta can get inside the towers; she's human just like everyone else, right? (again, I might have missed an episode or something)

3) How exactly would something like RTTP work? Why would only the LW's be able to remember it? Something like time travel would require an ENORMOUS amount of energy... or maybe it's something like it's only transporting the electrical impulses from the brain back in time or something (wich have a lot less mass and require less energy to recreate). Sorry, this question is kinda pushing the limits of the topic...
The Random Persons
The Random Persons
Kankrelat
Kankrelat

Female Posts : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Umbra Animus Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:22 pm

The Random Persons wrote:Hmmm, I'm pretty sure that Samantha lives in another town/country/not easily availiable area, which is why we don't see much of her. I can't currently remember exactly who Tailia is, but I know the general consensuss on Sissy's mom is that she's dead...

But I also have a couple of questions:

1) Maybe there an episode that I missed, but why can't the LW's get back in the scanners right away? Cell degeneration or something?

2)How come only Aileta can get inside the towers; she's human just like everyone else, right? (again, I might have missed an episode or something)

3) How exactly would something like RTTP work? Why would only the LW's be able to remember it? Something like time travel would require an ENORMOUS amount of energy... or maybe it's something like it's only transporting the electrical impulses from the brain back in time or something (wich have a lot less mass and require less energy to recreate). Sorry, this question is kinda pushing the limits of the topic...

I have a few theories about your questions.

For number one: There virtual avatar needs time to regenerate and reload, I think so anyways.

Number tow: Everybody can go into a tower. I forget which episode, but William kicks Yumi into one, also they use the towers a lot for moving to and fro through sectors.

And finally, number three: I'm not exactly sure about the nature of the Return to the Past, but maybe it uses all the power stored up in the Super Computer, so when they go back in time the computer has all the power back, still I'm not 100% sure about it.
Umbra Animus
Umbra Animus
Megatank
Megatank

Male Posts : 342

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pastamancer Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:06 am

For #2 Franz Hopper made a code specifically for Aelita so she could use the tower interface. Everyone else can get into the towers, they just can't get to the second floor.
The Pastamancer
The Pastamancer
Megatank
Megatank

Male Posts : 280

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next