Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.
Xana's Lair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Movies

+18
cya6
Dobermutt
PeaceKeeper2014
Adventurer411
sdde
Soul Jelly
aelitaxwilliam
naruto'sramengirl
eseiprahs
THAT1ANDONLY
Coto524
Lyokofelinae
Stella Luce 333
A_QueenOfFairys
Koneko on lyoko
Eilorae
SeeMeInTheShadows
Atlas
22 posters

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Movies - Page 5 Empty Re: Movies

Post by Guest Tue May 15, 2012 9:57 am

Yeah. You would think with all the big stars, it would just be a huge fail. They did a great job. Some characters got more focus, but that's expected and isn't very noticeable. Like everyone says, it's also hilarious.

Prometheus looks very promising to me. I expect that and the dark king rises to do good.

The amazing spiderman is just a big no to me.

Back to top Go down

Post by naruto'sramengirl Tue May 15, 2012 4:30 pm

how come you're not into the spider man movie?
naruto'sramengirl
naruto'sramengirl
Megatank
Megatank

Female Posts : 473

Character Sheet
Health::
Movies - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue0/0Movies - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Energy::
Experience::

Back to top Go down

Post by sdde Wed May 16, 2012 7:13 pm

Soul_Jelly wrote:I'm so excited for Brave! Not so much The Avengers; superhero films are all much of a muchness to me these days really. Once they introduce some more women superheroes who aren't just the 'token female', I might regain some interest. Until then... Brave it is!

Hmmm, 'tis a fact that the superhero world is a man's one. Being a DC comic nut, Wonder Woman is pretty much the only superheroine I know of that can truly stand alone in a project and be identified, but unfortunately WB and Joss Whedon couldn't agree on a script to put into production a few years ago. Yet, there are a few recent indications that she might get a live action film. On the Marvel side of things, I'm too much of a novice to name any female character who isn't associated too heavily to X-Men or Avengers to get their own franchise.

Anyway, if you're looking for superhero movies with a superheroine lead (where they aren't simply part of a team), there's:

• Supergirl (1984), but that's from the 80s and connected to the Christopher Reeves Superman catalogue, which isn't a great credit when you consider it came between the abominations of Superman III, and Superman IV: The Quest for Peace.
  • Catwoman (2004), but that can't escape the fact she's a character from Batman and there's the fact that the movie is poorly done.
  • Wonder Woman (2009), this is a straight-to-DVD animated film and is part of the DCU Original Animated Movies series. It's got the same creative team behind it as the old DCAU cartoons and their love for all things DC really shows. It's not the best of the DC movies, but it's still really good.
  • Catwoman (short, 2011), although this is a short film and is only on the DVD for the DCU Original Animated Movie Batman: Year One, it's still a great exhibition for Catwoman as a character, both as part of Batman and stand alone. The only problem I have with it, which is the same problem that I have with anything (or anything connected to anything) written by Frank Miller involving Catwoman, is her profession before becoming a thief.
sdde
sdde
Blok
Blok

Male Posts : 34

Character Sheet

http://www.fanfiction.net/1407539

Back to top Go down

Post by aelitaxwilliam Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:00 pm

I'm partial to superhero movies myself, though I took a surprisingly long time to see The Avengers. But it was great and all was well.

I watched Snow White and the Huntsman and was pretty disappointed. I can't decided whether I dislike it more than Mirror, Mirror. It just wasn't great. I found myself rooting for the queen at the end, actually, because her acting was really good.

I also watched Men in Black some time ago. It wasn't great, but it was good. Plus, travelling back in time! I love those types of plots.

Anndd to round this all off, I really want to see Prometheus. But I'm still a year away from seventeen so that's a no-go until it comes out on DVD.
aelitaxwilliam
aelitaxwilliam
Moderator (Desert Sector)

Female Posts : 4579

Character Sheet
Movies - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue14/18Movies - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (14/18)
Movies - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue4/5Movies - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (4/5)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dobermutt Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:09 pm

Prometheus looks good! I'm very excited about The Dark Knight Rises! Those movies have been amazing. I'm also super excited for The Hobbit to come out in December. Very Happy
Dobermutt
Dobermutt
Scorpion
Scorpion

Female Posts : 1000

Character Sheet

http://thedobermutt.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:45 pm

I share the same feelings for The Dark Knight Rises and The Hobbit. Huge lotr fan. Bane's character looks great too.

Prometheus I had high hopes for. It didn't disappoint, but I just can't help but feel it could have been a lot better. It didn't live up to the premise or what I thought was the premise.

Back to top Go down

Post by Adventurer411 Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:48 pm

It does. I plan to see Prometheus as soon as possible- but, like Kelly said, until DVD, it's a no-go.

Battleship was really good. It contains action that literally kept me on the edge of my seat. At times I had held my breath without realizing it. It's humorous, very suspenseful. I really enjoyed it and would definitely watch again.

Hmm, really, Tiao? I was still debating on going to dark shadows, but that's decided it for me.

Hm. Kelly, I thought Snow White and the Huntsmen looked good. I might still see it.
Adventurer411
Adventurer411
Judge
Judge

Female Posts : 1150

Character Sheet
Movies - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue20/20Movies - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (20/20)
Movies - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue3/3Movies - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (3/3)

Back to top Go down

Post by PeaceKeeper2014 Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:59 pm

Should I take my Dad to Battleship a second time? He's in the Navy and it's Father's Day.
PeaceKeeper2014
PeaceKeeper2014
Tarantula
Tarantula

Male Posts : 869

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Koneko on lyoko Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:53 am

Me and my friends are going to see The Dark Knight Rises on the last day of term....or we might wait since I think that's the day it comes out XD
It's really annoying the cinema we have where I live in the most expensive one in the region(and I think it's quite high up in the whole country) but the next closest one is miles away (-.-")
Koneko on lyoko
Koneko on lyoko
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Female Posts : 3243

Character Sheet
Movies - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue19/19Movies - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
Movies - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue1/1Movies - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

http://kageyamas-hinata.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by aelitaxwilliam Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:39 pm

@Vena; you should think about it, definitely. It says on Rotten Tomatoes that more than half of the audience liked it, so you have a fair shot at that. I didn't like it a lot because they didn't show the Queen as much as they showed Snow White. Which is fine since that's who the story is about, but Kristen Stewart isn't a very compelling actor. And the plotline wasn't that great, so there's also that. ;a;

Movie prices are just crazy, Kay! For a regular ticket (at night, since I rarely go to the movies in the daytime), they're ten dollars. For 3D, it's twelve. It's ridiculous! I feel so glad I don't live in a big city, since I know they're even more expensive there.
aelitaxwilliam
aelitaxwilliam

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by naruto'sramengirl Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:23 pm

I know! I hate the movie prices. I need to become very close friends with someone who works at my movie theater. Or get a job their myself. My auntie's going to take me to see Prometheus and Spider-Man as gratitude for helping her with her college classes. I can't wait!
naruto'sramengirl
naruto'sramengirl
Megatank
Megatank

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Koneko on lyoko Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:53 pm

At night? Do the prices change? They're just constant for us, it's cheaper to go in the week and obviously more expensive on weekends since that's when most people get the chance to go. Me and my friends usually try and use the Orange Wednesdays(people on Orange get 2 for 1 tickets on wednesdays) and just go halves on the ticket XD
I think on a saturday, it's about £6 for a teenage ticket and about £7 for an adult (-.-")
Since there isn't another cinema around, they can charge stupid prices and not need to worry about competition.
Koneko on lyoko
Koneko on lyoko
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Female Posts : 3243

Character Sheet
Movies - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue19/19Movies - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
Movies - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue1/1Movies - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

http://kageyamas-hinata.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by aelitaxwilliam Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:36 pm

^ What?! The prices get about two dollars more expensive in the evening than in the daytime. What's annoying is that the cut-off time is 5 PM, which is really early. That promotion sounds awesome. We have nothing like it, though our movie theaters apparently like to use the same tactics in ripping people off. A small box of candy also costs around three dollars...ugh. And a drink! A stupid drink costs three dollars, and it's only enough for one person.

@Naru; if you ever get a job there, maybe you can get some tickets for all of us supportive and kind people at XL, nudgenudgewinkwink. And that's so exciting. Make sure to report back to this thread Smile
aelitaxwilliam
aelitaxwilliam

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeMeInTheShadows Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:44 pm

Dollar theaters are where it's at. Except mine is two dollars, but it's still worth it. The popcorn is just as expensive but you don't feel as bad about buying it because the tickets are so cheap. And the theater is almost always full.

On my plane ride, I watched Chronicle, Sherlock Holmes: Game of Shadows, Fantastic Four 2(It's so crappy and I've seen it about four times already but I was in the mood for a movie I didn't have to think), and the first part of 21 Jump Street.

Chronicle started out slow but the I liked the ending (not liked as in enjoyed but liked as in thought it was neat), because it was very final and worked.

Sherlock Holmes is one of those movies that you really can't watch and play Diner Dash at the same time and come out with a proper understanding of everything that was going on, and I didn't like it as much as the first one.

SeeMeInTheShadows
SeeMeInTheShadows
Mistress of Butterflies
Mistress of Butterflies

Female Posts : 4157

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1664845/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyokofelinae Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:25 am

I can't wait to see Brave! i keep on seeing gifs,art works and screenshot of them.

bounce bounce bounce
Lyokofelinae
Lyokofelinae
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Male Posts : 3043

Character Sheet
Movies - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue13/27Movies - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (13/27)
Movies - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue1/2Movies - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/2)

http://lyokofelinae247.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Adventurer411 Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:28 am

Brave does look cute; I want to see it as well.

Has anyone seen the preview for the movies "Franken Weenie" and "ParaNorman"? My friend and I saw the preview before the Avengers movie, and my gosh, it looked bad. The names themselves are terrible.
Adventurer411
Adventurer411
Judge
Judge

Female Posts : 1150

Character Sheet
Movies - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue20/20Movies - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (20/20)
Movies - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue3/3Movies - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (3/3)

Back to top Go down

Post by aelitaxwilliam Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:48 pm

@Shadows; I wish we had dollar theaters. ;a; At least, in a twenty-minute radius of where I live.

So...I just found out about Monsters University which is the prequel to Monsters Inc. This will bring back good childhood memories considering it came out when I was about five. Totally seeing it even if I have to sit next to a bunch of five year olds.
aelitaxwilliam
aelitaxwilliam

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by naruto'sramengirl Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:07 pm

We have a two dollar theater, but my thing is that in a couple of weeks, they hit dvds. So sometimes you're better off (cheaper) to just rent it. But of course, the movie theater experience won't be there, and that's why some movies are definitely worth it.

I'm going to see Prometheus this saturday, so I'll be sure to give my opinion on it. I didn't even know we were going this week. We have a yard sale that same day, and while it ends at noon, I thought my mom and auntie would be too tired to want to do anything. But it makes sense. If they sell enough stuff, they'll movie money for sure! lol
naruto'sramengirl
naruto'sramengirl
Megatank
Megatank

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:09 am

Gave Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter 5.5/10

Which means it's good.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:02 pm

Saw the above movie today. The action scenes were great. The story was straightforward. Not much to complain about. I thought it was a pretty good movie with a wild idea.

Back to top Go down

Post by naruto'sramengirl Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:23 pm

I've seen Prometheus, and it was good. It didn't go the way I thought it would, but it was definitely gripping. There is actually potential for a sequel as well. At least I can see one happening.

I also saw Spider-Man. IT WAS AWESOME!! I loved it! It's quite different from the first spider-man movie that was done before, in fact I like this one more. It's closer to the comic book, and it really acentuates spidey's super strength and definitely his agility. The dialougue is very smooth, and the storyline itself is very good, of course some of that is because of the greatness of spider-man's story to begin with. I can't wait to see a sequel for this movie. I think it'll be great!

I'm supposed to see Batman on the weekend it comes out (that sunday to be exact). It's actually for my brother because the movie come out on his b-day but we won't have time to see it until that sunday.
naruto'sramengirl
naruto'sramengirl
Megatank
Megatank

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:08 pm

Dark knight rises... Anyone went to see?

I will either go today or tomorrow. Depends how lazy I feel in the next few hours.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dobermutt Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:33 pm

I really want to see TDKR. I just don't have the money to go the movies right now (so sad.) but hopefully soon. Smile
Dobermutt
Dobermutt
Scorpion
Scorpion

Female Posts : 1000

Character Sheet

http://thedobermutt.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by naruto'sramengirl Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:30 pm

I was supposed to see it this past Sunday, but my sis in law (and a small part of me) was spooked about the tragic shooting, so it got canceled. I'm hoping that we can see it soon thought. I was really looking forward to it.
naruto'sramengirl
naruto'sramengirl
Megatank
Megatank

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by aelitaxwilliam Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:15 pm

Not movie-theater-related, but I love Christmas movie season. The kids' ones are THE BEST.
aelitaxwilliam
aelitaxwilliam

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next