Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.
Xana's Lair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Xana's Lair Challenge - NOW EXTENDED TO HALLOWEEN!

+6
MoonlitxAngel
aelitaxwilliam
SeeMeInTheShadows
Heart of Lyoko
Twiggy Della Robbia
Coto524
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Xana's Lair Challenge - NOW EXTENDED TO HALLOWEEN! Empty The Xana's Lair Challenge - NOW EXTENDED TO HALLOWEEN!

Post by Coto524 Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:18 am

Right. Here we go. Before a mod takes this down, let me just point out that I got permission. In Carthage. Ask Railen, if you don't believe me.

*gets back onto topic*

All participants in this Story Challenge have to write a story about XL. It can't be XL members in CL, or anything like that: it has to be XL only.

Participants must post a list of the members they are planning to use in the challenge thread. If anybody on that list objects, then they must be removed from the story.

Entries will be judged by me, but anyone who wants to help judge need only ask. You can start sending in submissions on the 9th of July (any timezone), deadline will be 20.00 GMT on the 23rd of July. Judging will begin on the 24th.

Any questions?

Last edited by Binary10 on Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Coto524
Coto524
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Male Posts : 3955

Character Sheet
Health::
The Xana's Lair Challenge - NOW EXTENDED TO HALLOWEEN! Left_bar_bleue19/19The Xana's Lair Challenge - NOW EXTENDED TO HALLOWEEN! Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
Energy::
The Xana's Lair Challenge - NOW EXTENDED TO HALLOWEEN! Left_bar_bleue9/9The Xana's Lair Challenge - NOW EXTENDED TO HALLOWEEN! Empty_bar_bleue  (9/9)
Experience::
The Xana's Lair Challenge - NOW EXTENDED TO HALLOWEEN! Left_bar_bleue0/0The Xana's Lair Challenge - NOW EXTENDED TO HALLOWEEN! Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

The Xana's Lair Challenge - NOW EXTENDED TO HALLOWEEN! Empty Re: The Xana's Lair Challenge - NOW EXTENDED TO HALLOWEEN!

Post by Twiggy Della Robbia Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:12 pm

I'll offer my official approval alongside Railen's just incase someone doesn't believe you. =P

Anyway, this is an interesting idea. Maybe I'll give it a shot. =D

Twiggy Della Robbia
Volcanoid
Volcanoid

Female Posts : 1793

Character Sheet
The Xana's Lair Challenge - NOW EXTENDED TO HALLOWEEN! Left_bar_bleue11/15The Xana's Lair Challenge - NOW EXTENDED TO HALLOWEEN! Empty_bar_bleue  (11/15)
The Xana's Lair Challenge - NOW EXTENDED TO HALLOWEEN! Left_bar_bleue2/2The Xana's Lair Challenge - NOW EXTENDED TO HALLOWEEN! Empty_bar_bleue  (2/2)
The Xana's Lair Challenge - NOW EXTENDED TO HALLOWEEN! Left_bar_bleue0/0The Xana's Lair Challenge - NOW EXTENDED TO HALLOWEEN! Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

http://shadowriverlark.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

The Xana's Lair Challenge - NOW EXTENDED TO HALLOWEEN! Empty Re: The Xana's Lair Challenge - NOW EXTENDED TO HALLOWEEN!

Post by Heart of Lyoko Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:23 am

So, do we post this on ff.net or here?
Heart of Lyoko
Heart of Lyoko
Volcanoid
Volcanoid

Female Posts : 1531

Character Sheet
The Xana's Lair Challenge - NOW EXTENDED TO HALLOWEEN! Left_bar_bleue17/24The Xana's Lair Challenge - NOW EXTENDED TO HALLOWEEN! Empty_bar_bleue  (17/24)
The Xana's Lair Challenge - NOW EXTENDED TO HALLOWEEN! Left_bar_bleue2/2The Xana's Lair Challenge - NOW EXTENDED TO HALLOWEEN! Empty_bar_bleue  (2/2)

http://Kitty-Hearts.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Coto524 Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:11 am

I'd recommend FictionPress, or DeviantArt. If you have neither of those accounts, check with Rai to see if you can post it on here.
Coto524
Coto524
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Character Sheet
The Xana's Lair Challenge - NOW EXTENDED TO HALLOWEEN! Left_bar_bleue19/19The Xana's Lair Challenge - NOW EXTENDED TO HALLOWEEN! Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
The Xana's Lair Challenge - NOW EXTENDED TO HALLOWEEN! Left_bar_bleue9/9The Xana's Lair Challenge - NOW EXTENDED TO HALLOWEEN! Empty_bar_bleue  (9/9)

Back to top Go down

Post by Heart of Lyoko Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:50 am

'Kay Thanks Smile
Heart of Lyoko
Heart of Lyoko
Volcanoid
Volcanoid

Character Sheet
The Xana's Lair Challenge - NOW EXTENDED TO HALLOWEEN! Left_bar_bleue17/24The Xana's Lair Challenge - NOW EXTENDED TO HALLOWEEN! Empty_bar_bleue  (17/24)

Back to top Go down

Post by Coto524 Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:06 am

Note: I will be away from tomorrow onwards for a week, probably with no internet. Submit your stories anyway.
Coto524
Coto524
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Heart of Lyoko Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:41 am

XL Story Challenges

Done and uploaded!
Heart of Lyoko
Heart of Lyoko
Volcanoid
Volcanoid

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeMeInTheShadows Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:30 pm

Here is everyone who is in mine and what I'm calling them. If you're in it and don't want to be, say something to me. If you're not in it, and want to be, say something to me. I mostly just went through the 'registered users in the past 24 hours' thing and wrote anyone, so I might have missed quite a few people.

1. Railen- Railen

2. LegendOfTheSky- Legend

3. StellaLuce333- Stella

4. Lita- Lita

5. AeonFrodo- Aeon

6. TechnoSam- Tech

7. Heart of Lyoko- Heart

8. Shadow7(random numbers)- Shade

9. SnowPrincessMossy- Snowy

10. Twiggy Della Robbia- Twiggy

11. MoonlitxAngel- Moon

12. Koneko on Lyoko- Koneko

13. SeeMeInTheShadows- Shadows

14. Aelitaxwilliam- Litawil

15. Binary10- Enzo

16. Memoire-Blanche- Memo

17. LyokoDreamer- Dreamer

18. Rikkamaru- Rik

19. A I e I m- Aieim
SeeMeInTheShadows
SeeMeInTheShadows
Mistress of Butterflies
Mistress of Butterflies

Female Posts : 4157

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1664845/

Back to top Go down

Post by Coto524 Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:11 am

...I think you should just post it, Shadows. There are 2 days left. Well, I can probably squeeze in a few more days.
Coto524
Coto524
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Twiggy Della Robbia Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:22 am

This might sound bad, but do you think we could have just a few more days? My idea needs a little push. ^^;

Twiggy Della Robbia
Volcanoid
Volcanoid

Female Posts : 1793

Character Sheet
The Xana's Lair Challenge - NOW EXTENDED TO HALLOWEEN! Left_bar_bleue11/15The Xana's Lair Challenge - NOW EXTENDED TO HALLOWEEN! Empty_bar_bleue  (11/15)

http://shadowriverlark.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Coto524 Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:23 am

Probably. I'll warn you guys tomorrow if I can't push for a few more days, but I might have to go to Wales on Sunday.
Coto524
Coto524
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeMeInTheShadows Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:04 pm

Well, I changed a few of the people around, as you may notice when you read it, but everyone who wasn't on the original list was asked permission separetly. I don't know if this is what you meant or not, Enzo, but it's what I wrote. http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2935927/1/

Last edited by SeeMeInTheShadows on Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
SeeMeInTheShadows
SeeMeInTheShadows
Mistress of Butterflies
Mistress of Butterflies

Female Posts : 4157

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1664845/

Back to top Go down

Post by Heart of Lyoko Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:36 pm

OMG EPIC
A staredown, LOL! lol!

But I can stare a little longer that others in my class.
But I Love to glare!
Heart of Lyoko
Heart of Lyoko
Volcanoid
Volcanoid

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by aelitaxwilliam Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:30 am

...Shadows, as much as I love that you inspired me for this, I am really regretting this. At first I thought the pacing was too slow, but now it seems way too fast/unbelievable to be humanly possible - I'm blaming this on you!

http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2936002/1/The_Office

And I'm horribly uncreative with my titles; again, blamage settles on you.
aelitaxwilliam
aelitaxwilliam
Moderator (Desert Sector)

Female Posts : 4579

Character Sheet
The Xana's Lair Challenge - NOW EXTENDED TO HALLOWEEN! Left_bar_bleue14/18The Xana's Lair Challenge - NOW EXTENDED TO HALLOWEEN! Empty_bar_bleue  (14/18)
The Xana's Lair Challenge - NOW EXTENDED TO HALLOWEEN! Left_bar_bleue4/5The Xana's Lair Challenge - NOW EXTENDED TO HALLOWEEN! Empty_bar_bleue  (4/5)

Back to top Go down

Post by Coto524 Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:36 am

Both good. And I'm not going to Wales, so I'll close submissions..... Wednesday. You still have time to add another chapter, if you want.
Coto524
Coto524
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonlitxAngel Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:59 am

Yay for Enzo! I wanted to enter and I *just* heard about this yesterday/today. x3 I'm definitely going to enter. ^^
MoonlitxAngel
MoonlitxAngel
Scorpion
Scorpion

Female Posts : 1049

Character Sheet
The Xana's Lair Challenge - NOW EXTENDED TO HALLOWEEN! Left_bar_bleue10/21The Xana's Lair Challenge - NOW EXTENDED TO HALLOWEEN! Empty_bar_bleue  (10/21)
The Xana's Lair Challenge - NOW EXTENDED TO HALLOWEEN! Left_bar_bleue4/6The Xana's Lair Challenge - NOW EXTENDED TO HALLOWEEN! Empty_bar_bleue  (4/6)

Back to top Go down

Post by aelitaxwilliam Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:40 am

I might try to slow down the pacing ['specially at the ending] but I don't think I could write another chapter. Not unless Shadows tells me to.

And I forgot to list who's in it, which is why I'm back here:

Shadows, Enzo, Stella, Snowy, Twiggy, Angel, Queen, Aeon, and I all are main enough parts. I was talking to Sharpie on chat, so I put her in, though she's not necassarily named. And I also put Rai and Legend in, but they made super tiny cameos. I didn't get to ask them since I wrote this 12:00-2:00AM EST, but I felt that having an XL Corporation without those two was weird. Which speaking of that, I thought it would be weird not to put Kitty, Rena, or John in, but I figured since those two are never on, at least Rai and Legend can object and I can remove them. Those three can't really object so it wouldn't be fair.
aelitaxwilliam
aelitaxwilliam

Character Sheet
The Xana's Lair Challenge - NOW EXTENDED TO HALLOWEEN! Left_bar_bleue14/18The Xana's Lair Challenge - NOW EXTENDED TO HALLOWEEN! Empty_bar_bleue  (14/18)
The Xana's Lair Challenge - NOW EXTENDED TO HALLOWEEN! Left_bar_bleue4/5The Xana's Lair Challenge - NOW EXTENDED TO HALLOWEEN! Empty_bar_bleue  (4/5)

Back to top Go down

Post by Coto524 Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:43 am

OK. I've changed my mind, after Angel suggested I give you a few months.

You get until Halloween now. Long time.
Coto524
Coto524
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Koneko on lyoko Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:30 pm

I don't really have any ideas for a story, but, do you think I could help judge? Please elephant?
Koneko on lyoko
Koneko on lyoko
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Female Posts : 3243

Character Sheet
The Xana's Lair Challenge - NOW EXTENDED TO HALLOWEEN! Left_bar_bleue1/1The Xana's Lair Challenge - NOW EXTENDED TO HALLOWEEN! Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

http://kageyamas-hinata.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by aelitaxwilliam Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:12 pm

I'm not Enzo, so I'm not allowed to decide whether or not you're allowed to judge.

But...you should really think about entering! I mean, you have almost three months. And there are so many story ideas you could explore – and personally, this is my favourite challenge yet. If you need help with story ideas you could always ask one of us. <3
aelitaxwilliam
aelitaxwilliam

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilorae Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:01 am

Enzo, Queen, Rai, Legend, Aeon, Angel, Kelly and Atlas are the ones that I'm planning on using. Is there a maximum word count by any chance?
Eilorae
Eilorae
Spectre
Spectre

Female Posts : 2951

Character Sheet
The Xana's Lair Challenge - NOW EXTENDED TO HALLOWEEN! Left_bar_bleue101/21The Xana's Lair Challenge - NOW EXTENDED TO HALLOWEEN! Empty_bar_bleue  (101/21)
The Xana's Lair Challenge - NOW EXTENDED TO HALLOWEEN! Left_bar_bleue2/4The Xana's Lair Challenge - NOW EXTENDED TO HALLOWEEN! Empty_bar_bleue  (2/4)

Back to top Go down

Post by Coto524 Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:14 am

Nope. No max limit at all.
Coto524
Coto524
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Heart of Lyoko Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:25 am

@Enzo- I give up. Can I help judge?
Heart of Lyoko
Heart of Lyoko
Volcanoid
Volcanoid

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Coto524 Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:33 am

I is allowing you judge to.
Coto524
Coto524
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Heart of Lyoko Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:37 am

OMG YAY~ THANKS ENZO~
Heart of Lyoko
Heart of Lyoko
Volcanoid
Volcanoid

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next