Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.
Xana's Lair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weekly 100 Word Drabble Challenge!

+19
Snickie
AeonFrodo
Adventurer411
aelitaxwilliam
cya6
Dr. J
Soul Jelly
Eilorae
Rikkamaru
xiaozanghou
linux-ubuntu
The Never Minder
Kittyclaw
Stella Luce 333
SnowPrincessMossy
Railen
memoire-blanche
Coto524
SeeMeInTheShadows
23 posters

Page 10 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next

Go down

Weekly 100 Word Drabble Challenge! - Page 11 Empty Re: Weekly 100 Word Drabble Challenge!

Post by xiaozanghou Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:28 pm

Really loving RenaYumi's and Adventurer411's drabbles. The "what-if" has just so much impact when it's already assumed.

Also I know I don't post here nearly enough but I'm usually scouting out the challenges for ideas... Sad trying to be active is hard.
xiaozanghou
xiaozanghou
Hornet
Hornet

Male Posts : 26

Back to top Go down

Weekly 100 Word Drabble Challenge! - Page 11 Empty Re: Weekly 100 Word Drabble Challenge!

Post by Soul Jelly Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:32 am

I did a double-take for a minute there. But no, I'm definitely on XL and not CLE. Wink Hi Xiao! *waves* Nice of you stop by.

Ooooh your drabble is really interesting. I had to read it over a couple of times to get it (maybe because I'm tired, ha) but I love it. That ending line oh my gosh ;_; I like how it's all split up with short sentences and full-stops, it makes me think of stumbling and uncertainty.
Soul Jelly
Soul Jelly
Scyphozoa
Scyphozoa

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeMeInTheShadows Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:47 pm

Guys, I don't know what to say. You've all really outdone yourselves! All of those drabbles were absolutely fantastic!

Psshshshs, Xiao, if you really want some ideas, sign up for the XL Olympics. Heheheheh. psssshshsh

Drabble: #34
Prompt: 2x50: Free Topic
Begin Date: July 27
End Date: August 3
Special Details: Something different than usual! Write two different fifty word drabbles. They can relate or interconnect or be completely random. Topic is up to you.

Though, if you really want a prompt and can't think of one, go with Snakes.

Don't forget, you can post The Road Not Taken until the end of Friday, I was just up and figured...
SeeMeInTheShadows
SeeMeInTheShadows
Mistress of Butterflies
Mistress of Butterflies

Female Posts : 4157

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1664845/

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Jelly Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:48 am

Having great prompts to work with sure helps. Wink

And yesss Shadows, now I also need to see - on top of everything else - a complete 'Odd discovers Lyoko first' AU. Pleasepleaseplease. That set-up was fantastic.

I have no ideas for this week. Yet. ;_; Just here to express my love for Snickie's; Odd got completely owned, hahaha. Perfection.
Soul Jelly
Soul Jelly
Scyphozoa
Scyphozoa

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeMeInTheShadows Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:21 pm

Very nice, Snickie! I could see that happening in class. Very Happy

And Vena, that last line just was perfect! I loved the conversing personalities. Smile

Soul! I want to write it too, but we don't always get what we want, now do we? Wink (Seriously, one day I'm going to write a series of AUs, they're my absolute favorite thing about fanfiction ever and I love them).
SeeMeInTheShadows
SeeMeInTheShadows
Mistress of Butterflies
Mistress of Butterflies

Back to top Go down

Post by Adventurer411 Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:58 pm

Shadows, so emotional! Perfect!
Adventurer411
Adventurer411
Judge
Judge

Female Posts : 1150

Character Sheet
Health::
Weekly 100 Word Drabble Challenge! - Page 11 Left_bar_bleue20/20Weekly 100 Word Drabble Challenge! - Page 11 Empty_bar_bleue  (20/20)
Energy::
Weekly 100 Word Drabble Challenge! - Page 11 Left_bar_bleue3/3Weekly 100 Word Drabble Challenge! - Page 11 Empty_bar_bleue  (3/3)
Experience::
Weekly 100 Word Drabble Challenge! - Page 11 Left_bar_bleue0/0Weekly 100 Word Drabble Challenge! - Page 11 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeMeInTheShadows Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:02 pm

Thanks Vena, <3. That's what happens when you've been listening to this while you've been writing for a month and a half. Very Happy
SeeMeInTheShadows
SeeMeInTheShadows
Mistress of Butterflies
Mistress of Butterflies

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittyclaw Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:15 pm

Vena! Shadows! The things you do to my emotions! I've already said that the way you look at Xana's side of things, give him a reason that he's not wrong, is incredible, and that idea of him saving the world--in that little idea is masked an entire understanding of a secret project the warriors no nothing about, a look at what might have been and how it could have all gone wrong. So much in so little. Vena, I'm blown away.

And Shadows. You. And. Wut. The sadness of the flames outside the window, it made me think of the scenes in the Titanic movie where the flood waters are coming in and everyone just holds one another tight while they're sheilded inside, if only for a moment longer. And then the couple outside, in all the chaos, everything just ripping them apart and yet they reunite and then salvation comes and and and...yes. Just yes.
Kittyclaw
Kittyclaw
Megatank
Megatank

Female Posts : 316

http://www.fanfiction.net/~Kittyclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeMeInTheShadows Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:09 am

Carth and Soul. Evil or Very Mad Why is that when I go to write a romance, it ends up happening during the apocalypse, and you guys just go on and write your fluffly little things. It's not fair! Very Happy

Seriously though, good job.
SeeMeInTheShadows
SeeMeInTheShadows
Mistress of Butterflies
Mistress of Butterflies

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeMeInTheShadows Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:10 pm

Drabble: #35
Prompt: Plague
Begin Date: August 3
End Date: August 10
Special Details: None
SeeMeInTheShadows
SeeMeInTheShadows
Mistress of Butterflies
Mistress of Butterflies

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Jelly Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:45 pm

SeeMeInTheShadows wrote:Carth and Soul. Evil or Very Mad Why is that when I go to write a romance, it ends up happening during the apocalypse, and you guys just go on and write your fluffly little things. It's not fair! Very Happy

Seriously though, good job.

Mwahaha. Thanks Razz

Okay, belated comments on everyone's free-choice drabbles. I'm lonely over here whilst you'se are off doing your Drabble-A-Day. ;_; Come baaack everyone~

Snickie - one of my favourites this week for how could have been a line direct from the show. Sweet and simple, very funny. :3
Vena - love the opposite perspectives; it sort of makes you realise how much neither side is capable of understanding the other and so they'll just keep fighting for what they think is right. Especially creepy considering XANA is a complete sociopath.
Shadows - beautiful. Apocalypse!fics are some of my favourite and this is gorgeous.
Kitty - my feeels ;_; Really like the contrast between them, the understated, unforgiving YxU scene and the uncertainty-followed-by-absolute-happiness in the OxA one.
Snickie - I feel like I'm missing a second part to this one, but again I love how perfectly in-character this little snippet of conversation is.
Carth - the JxA! the fluff! <3 I also appreciate the Yumi-Aelita friendship here, 'cause it's something we don't see enough of in canon or fanon imo. Nice work.
Soul Jelly
Soul Jelly
Scyphozoa
Scyphozoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Adventurer411 Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:47 pm

SHADOWS. Y SO SAD. Sad Really powerful drabble though, nice job.

Yes, he is a complete sociopath. Razz And thanks.

So much angst with this plague thing ;a; let's have some happy! I shall sprinkle some wonderful JxA onto this.
Adventurer411
Adventurer411
Judge
Judge

Character Sheet
Weekly 100 Word Drabble Challenge! - Page 11 Left_bar_bleue20/20Weekly 100 Word Drabble Challenge! - Page 11 Empty_bar_bleue  (20/20)
Weekly 100 Word Drabble Challenge! - Page 11 Left_bar_bleue3/3Weekly 100 Word Drabble Challenge! - Page 11 Empty_bar_bleue  (3/3)
Weekly 100 Word Drabble Challenge! - Page 11 Left_bar_bleue0/0Weekly 100 Word Drabble Challenge! - Page 11 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post by Snickie Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:57 pm

OMG MY FEELS. ;a; You guys just took me on something of a roller coaster. Plague everywhere (with YxU lovey sadness), then Odd dies, and then Jerlita gets all lovey and fluffy. This set's been amazing so far.
Snickie
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Female Posts : 3198

http://snickiedude@deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adventurer411 Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:07 pm

Sniki, you KNOW I have to do some Jerlita once in a while or like all the time. Very Happy This was just too much angst for me.

Thanks.
Adventurer411
Adventurer411
Judge
Judge

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeMeInTheShadows Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:14 pm

Drabble: #36
Prompt: Rumble
Begin Date: August 10
End Date: August 17
Special Details: None
SeeMeInTheShadows
SeeMeInTheShadows
Mistress of Butterflies
Mistress of Butterflies

Back to top Go down

Post by Snickie Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:41 pm

ZOMGPAOIEWFJSDFGHIORDKNVBREPOFDPAGHSDJKG DR. J THAT WAS AMAZING. Even though it didn't follow this week's prompt BUT WHO CARES. -gushgushgushgushgush-
Snickie
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. J Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:52 pm

The prompt was supposed to be suggested by the sound of sector 5 moving and closing, sorry about that.
Dr. J
Dr. J
Megatank
Megatank

Male Posts : 382

Character Sheet

http://forestfulloffreaks.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Snickie Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:13 pm

Oooh. Well then please forgive me for being sorely unimaginative. (Band camp tends to do that to me.)
Snickie
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Jelly Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:23 am

Echoing the rollercoaster sentiment from last week. Vena, as always I admire your ability to spin even the most unlikely prompt into JxA wonderfulness :3

Dr J, that was AWESOME. Love how the formatting makes us feel like we're moving through all the different mazes and layers of Carthage. Almost feels like an opening sequence from a movie somehow.

Snickie, your dialogue for Odd is alway so in-character that I can hear him in my head when I'm reading. Very nicely executed take on 'Rumble' Very Happy

As for myself, I was feeling some WxA this week. Trying to get over this slight block I seem to have stumbled on.
Soul Jelly
Soul Jelly
Scyphozoa
Scyphozoa

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeMeInTheShadows Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:59 am

Drabble: #37
Prompt: Alternate
Begin Date: August 17
End Date: August 24
Special Details: Something, anything, AU.
SeeMeInTheShadows
SeeMeInTheShadows
Mistress of Butterflies
Mistress of Butterflies

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. J Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:35 pm

Pirates!!!!!
Dr. J
Dr. J
Megatank
Megatank

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeMeInTheShadows Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:12 pm

Yes please! Very Happy (I'm probably going to do werewolves, which I remember I did for one other drabble. Very Happy)
SeeMeInTheShadows
SeeMeInTheShadows
Mistress of Butterflies
Mistress of Butterflies

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Jelly Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:00 pm

SHADOWS THANK YOU FOR THIS PROMPT

this is weird, but I kind of suspected something like this would come up sooner or later, so I think I've been subconsciously planning for it. Not sure what to focus on out of the myriad of possibilities yet (darn you two, claiming pirates and werewolves already Razz) but I will be doing thissss
Soul Jelly
Soul Jelly
Scyphozoa
Scyphozoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. J Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:42 pm

YOU KNOW, WE ARE TALKING IN ALL CAPS ALOT.

Anyway, I'm currently planning a whole slew of fic's, so keep an eye on my FF profile.
Dr. J
Dr. J
Megatank
Megatank

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Jelly Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:04 am

I JUST LOVE CAPS OKAY
THEY EXPRESS MY FEELS

Razz

Awesome work, you two! Doc - Love the U-Mi thing, that's genius. And XANA being the good guy, equally awesome.

Shadows, yours was excellent too. I forgot I'd already written an Odd-werewolf drabble, but yours beats mine for sure XD I love the last line.

Okay someone needs to write a full-length werewolf!Odd fic
Soul Jelly
Soul Jelly
Scyphozoa
Scyphozoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next