Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.
Xana's Lair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weekly 100 Word Drabble Challenge!

+19
Snickie
AeonFrodo
Adventurer411
aelitaxwilliam
cya6
Dr. J
Soul Jelly
Eilorae
Rikkamaru
xiaozanghou
linux-ubuntu
The Never Minder
Kittyclaw
Stella Luce 333
SnowPrincessMossy
Railen
memoire-blanche
Coto524
SeeMeInTheShadows
23 posters

Page 9 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next

Go down

Weekly 100 Word Drabble Challenge! - Page 9 Empty Re: Weekly 100 Word Drabble Challenge!

Post by RenaYumi Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:20 am

Oops, that prompt got away from me fast. I apologize for any amounts of feels I caused.
RenaYumi
RenaYumi
Rekin
Rekin

Female Posts : 137

Back to top Go down

Weekly 100 Word Drabble Challenge! - Page 9 Empty Re: Weekly 100 Word Drabble Challenge!

Post by Soul Jelly Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:51 pm

Awwww Rena ;_;

Quick note, everyone - some of you might have noticed that I'm beginning to do weekly round-ups of the drabbles on the XL tumblr. If you upload yours to ff.net or anywhere else and want that link in the round-up post, just add it to the end of your fic.
Soul Jelly
Soul Jelly
Scyphozoa
Scyphozoa

Back to top Go down

Post by cya6 Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:46 pm

what's the XL tumblr?
cya6
cya6
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Female Posts : 3491

Character Sheet
Health::
Weekly 100 Word Drabble Challenge! - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue0/0Weekly 100 Word Drabble Challenge! - Page 9 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Energy::
Weekly 100 Word Drabble Challenge! - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue0/0Weekly 100 Word Drabble Challenge! - Page 9 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Experience::

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Jelly Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:18 pm

The tumblr for Xana's Lair. Link's in my sig, but Shadows/myself are posting to tumblr about events on the forum, etc. and also randomly reblogging/following active CL fans on there. Just a bit of extra promotion for the forum basically. Very Happy
Soul Jelly
Soul Jelly
Scyphozoa
Scyphozoa

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeMeInTheShadows Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:03 pm

Sorry this is a bit later than originally planned.

Drabble: #32
Prompt: Second Chance
Begin Date: July 13
End Date: July 20
Special Details: none
SeeMeInTheShadows
SeeMeInTheShadows
Mistress of Butterflies
Mistress of Butterflies

Female Posts : 4157

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1664845/

Back to top Go down

Post by Snickie Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:41 pm

Aaaaaaand I just got ambushed by an onslaught of ideas. Very Happy
Snickie
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Female Posts : 3198

http://snickiedude@deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:49 pm

Remember when I used to do drabble challenges? yup... neither do I.

Back to top Go down

Post by Snickie Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:44 am

We allowed to post multiple drabbles for the same prompt? I just whipped out three of them...
Snickie
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeMeInTheShadows Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:54 am

As of right now, no, but those extra drabbles may come in useful for a future prompt (that was almost this week's prompt before I decided to change it at the last minute.). Very Happy
SeeMeInTheShadows
SeeMeInTheShadows
Mistress of Butterflies
Mistress of Butterflies

Back to top Go down

Post by Snickie Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:35 am

Thanks for the info.

William feels a bit angsty... Wink
Snickie
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeMeInTheShadows Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:40 am

Sniiiiiiiickie, I love it!
SeeMeInTheShadows
SeeMeInTheShadows
Mistress of Butterflies
Mistress of Butterflies

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Jelly Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:03 pm

William is fertile ground for tending the ol' angst. Wink Nice one Snickie.

Not feeling this week's but since I'm up and writing I decided to get it out of the way. I'm up for some concrit on this one - what do you all think? Is it easy to tell what's going on with purely dialogue?
Soul Jelly
Soul Jelly
Scyphozoa
Scyphozoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Snickie Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:28 pm

Thanks for the comments. Smile

Even though I'm not a dog person, I read your drabble, and I was like, =D So cute! I haven't seen very many Kiwi works out there (comparatively), and so this was a nice change and so well-written! <3
Snickie
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Back to top Go down

Post by cya6 Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:19 pm

Aw, so sweet Soul! And true, ya know. cause no way would anyone but Odd chose a dog like Kiwi. But he's such a faithful mutt! (Kiwi, I mean. Not Odd. Obviously...)

Vena: Kinda cryptic and creepy. I loved it, obviously, but it's also quite eerie.
cya6
cya6
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittyclaw Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:22 pm

Now look what you guys did, you made me drabble. Feedback = appreciated because I'm not sure how well I pulled off that idea.

Soul, you know I love you drabbles <3 And omgshVenamyfeels. That's incredible and Jeremy and whattt I want more. And Snickie, I second Soul in that William is fertile angst soil. And I like what you did with him. I feel like there's a story hidden in that drabble, wanting to continue it, and I want so much to shake your drabble till it spits it up.
Kittyclaw
Kittyclaw
Megatank
Megatank

Female Posts : 316

http://www.fanfiction.net/~Kittyclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Jelly Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:55 am

Thank you Cya, Snickie and Kitty ^^

Kitty, the more the merrier in this grand drabble expedition. More stuff for me to read! Very Happy and re; your latest drabble - my feels ;_; There isn't enough Franz and Aelita-centric stuff out there and I think you pulled off the idea well. Love how much of Franz's thoughts and emotions you put into a mere 100 words.
Soul Jelly
Soul Jelly
Scyphozoa
Scyphozoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittyclaw Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:08 pm

Thank you Soul~! I agree about the lack of Aelita and Franz, or even just stuff about Franz. I would love to know more about his story, even if it's just other peoples' interpretations.
Kittyclaw
Kittyclaw
Megatank
Megatank

Back to top Go down

Post by cya6 Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:31 pm

Very sad, Kitty. Franz really screwed up in every way. I know he didn't mean to, but he had such bad luck.

And wow, Shadows. That's kinda (really) creepy. But I mean, I suppose you're right. What's the chances XANA would get turned on by someone willing (and able) to fight him a second time.
cya6
cya6
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittyclaw Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:44 pm

Good gracious Shadows, that's brilliant. I love the idea of Xana just like, sitting int hat computer brooding and waiting. And the little details you threw in, with the car and the riots and the the way the kids sober up and rethink, it really took your drabble from being just an idea and made it a story.
Kittyclaw
Kittyclaw
Megatank
Megatank

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeMeInTheShadows Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:57 pm

Thanks. Very Happy All of your drabbles were ah-mazing!

Drabble: #33
Prompt: The Road Not Taken
Begin Date: July 20
End Date: July 27
Special Details: none
SeeMeInTheShadows
SeeMeInTheShadows
Mistress of Butterflies
Mistress of Butterflies

Back to top Go down

Post by Adventurer411 Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:41 am

Woohoo, idea forming, did and done.

Soul, I kind of used your parenthesis technique Razz

(because it's pretty awesome Very Happy)
Adventurer411
Adventurer411
Judge
Judge

Female Posts : 1150

Character Sheet
Weekly 100 Word Drabble Challenge! - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue20/20Weekly 100 Word Drabble Challenge! - Page 9 Empty_bar_bleue  (20/20)
Weekly 100 Word Drabble Challenge! - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue3/3Weekly 100 Word Drabble Challenge! - Page 9 Empty_bar_bleue  (3/3)

Back to top Go down

Post by RenaYumi Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:47 am

Vena, you killed me.
RenaYumi
RenaYumi
Rekin
Rekin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittyclaw Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:59 am

Vena! My feels! Whyyyyy

It's beautiful and you're incredible.
Kittyclaw
Kittyclaw
Megatank
Megatank

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Jelly Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:16 pm

I forgot to comment on Shadows' but woah, awesome. Like Kitty says, I love how it encapsulates a whole story in itself. I could just see the chaos unfolding in my mind as I read it.

@Vena - Parenthesis FTW. Just commented over on ff.net, but yesss that was so sad and awesome. I love how it ends with the image of the factory being torn down; what a powerful image in how it symbolises the destruction of all the other possibilities in that universe. Like they didn't take that road and now they never can (not to mention what it means for poor Aelita!)

@Rena. Aaaargh this is lovely. The description is so eloquent and again really powerful, like, you put so much feeling into so few words and it all just resonates. I like how there are only small clues as to who it is but at the same time you just know.
Soul Jelly
Soul Jelly
Scyphozoa
Scyphozoa

Back to top Go down

Post by RenaYumi Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:05 pm

Aww Soul Smile
RenaYumi
RenaYumi
Rekin
Rekin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next