Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.
Xana's Lair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weekly 100 Word Drabble Challenge!

+19
Snickie
AeonFrodo
Adventurer411
aelitaxwilliam
cya6
Dr. J
Soul Jelly
Eilorae
Rikkamaru
xiaozanghou
linux-ubuntu
The Never Minder
Kittyclaw
Stella Luce 333
SnowPrincessMossy
Railen
memoire-blanche
Coto524
SeeMeInTheShadows
23 posters

Page 8 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Go down

Weekly 100 Word Drabble Challenge! - Page 9 Empty Re: Weekly 100 Word Drabble Challenge!

Post by Soul Jelly Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:57 pm

SeeMeInTheShadows wrote:I don't think any of us do. Just add horses and some guns, throw in some alcohol, maybe a Mexican Stand-Off, and there are some other thing that you can add that push the boundaries of political corectness. But still, whatever you want. Very Happy

Haha!
My first thought was a bar scene, but I seem to have been writing a lot of things that start with characters in bars lately. Not that I'm anti-alcohol or anything, but I'd rather not have drinking as a main recurring theme in my stories. Razz

I finally came up with something for this (got out of bed to write it even XD) and it incorporated one of my favourite seldom-used characters. Yay! I honestly really enjoyed this challenge. Definitely one of my favourites so far for forcing me to think outside the box and stretch my imagination a bit.

I played more on "standoffish" than "standoff" but I think the drabble goes with the prompt anyway.
Soul Jelly
Soul Jelly
Scyphozoa
Scyphozoa

Back to top Go down

Weekly 100 Word Drabble Challenge! - Page 9 Empty Re: Weekly 100 Word Drabble Challenge!

Post by cya6 Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:09 pm

heh, very funny Soul. Love your 'western talk'! I like how you manage to show who's there without using names.

probably lighter than mine, I think I'm the only one so far with someone dying in my standoff. Razz
cya6
cya6
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Female Posts : 3491

Character Sheet
Health::
Weekly 100 Word Drabble Challenge! - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue0/0Weekly 100 Word Drabble Challenge! - Page 9 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Energy::
Weekly 100 Word Drabble Challenge! - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue0/0Weekly 100 Word Drabble Challenge! - Page 9 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Experience::

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Jelly Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:48 pm

Thanks Cya! ^^ Yours is so cool though. I love the idea of Jérémie just coming completely out of left field and shooting someone down. And Jér in a bandana = win.
Soul Jelly
Soul Jelly
Scyphozoa
Scyphozoa

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeMeInTheShadows Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:06 am

And on to the next one! Meant to appease all you people (plus it'll be fun).

Drabble: #30
Prompt: Computer Codes and Fans
Begin Date: June 29
End Date: July 6
Special Details: JeremiexYumi (Does not need to include computer codes nor fans, that was just my attempt at a catchy prompt, but I kinda gave up).
SeeMeInTheShadows
SeeMeInTheShadows
Mistress of Butterflies
Mistress of Butterflies

Female Posts : 4157

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1664845/

Back to top Go down

Post by Snickie Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:42 pm

I'm afraid to post mine now. O_O
I'm going to do it anyways. I'll add a link to FF.Net as soon as DocX decides it wants to work again.
This is my first-ever drabble. I'm super surprised that I was able to fit this idea into only 100 words.
Snickie
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Female Posts : 3198

http://snickiedude@deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Jelly Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:44 am

Fun Fact - the title for this week's prompt is strangely similar to a working title for one of my fics. Razz Also, yay JérxYu! I'll see what I can come up with.

Shadows, Rena, Snickie - love all of yours!
Soul Jelly
Soul Jelly
Scyphozoa
Scyphozoa

Back to top Go down

Post by RenaYumi Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:29 pm

Why thank you! I just wanted to make sure I could still do that, lol.
RenaYumi
RenaYumi
Rekin
Rekin

Female Posts : 137

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeMeInTheShadows Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:30 pm

Loved everybodies! <3

And this week's drabble!

Drabble: #31
Prompt: Dream
Begin Date: July 6
End Date: July 13
Special Details: none
SeeMeInTheShadows
SeeMeInTheShadows
Mistress of Butterflies
Mistress of Butterflies

Back to top Go down

Post by cya6 Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:59 pm

That was really good Snickie. Very creepy, and convincing as a nightmare. Not to mention that's exactly the kinda dream they'd have.

I really felt bad for poor Aelita.
cya6
cya6
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snickie Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:48 pm

I used the best inspiration that I could get for this drabble: a 2-hour nap! During which I dreamed about some weird crossover between Hunger Games, Code Lyoko (Jeremie and Aelita were in it), and real life. It was really weird. But it gave me enough material to Aelitate it (I just made up a new word!). It took about ten, fifteen minutes to write. So for that to have an impact on people is pretty awesome. Thank you so much, Cya! Very Happy
Snickie
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Jelly Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:11 pm

Oh wow, that was epic, Snickie. I adore fics with surreality as a theme and the nightmare images here are super creepy. Like Cya said, that's exactly the kind of thing Aelita would have nightmares about. It incorporates all of her fears; losing her friends, the wolves, XANA and its monsters and, interestingly, Lyoko.

For my own drabble this week, I was surprised to realise I hadn't written anything with Clone!William yet, so here goes. This needs editing but I just wanted to get the idea down.
Soul Jelly
Soul Jelly
Scyphozoa
Scyphozoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Adventurer411 Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:57 pm

Nice, Soul! I think I'll take a crack at this one!
Adventurer411
Adventurer411
Judge
Judge

Female Posts : 1150

Character Sheet
Weekly 100 Word Drabble Challenge! - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue20/20Weekly 100 Word Drabble Challenge! - Page 9 Empty_bar_bleue  (20/20)
Weekly 100 Word Drabble Challenge! - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue3/3Weekly 100 Word Drabble Challenge! - Page 9 Empty_bar_bleue  (3/3)

Back to top Go down

Post by Adventurer411 Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:25 pm

Done and posted.
Adventurer411
Adventurer411
Judge
Judge

Character Sheet
Weekly 100 Word Drabble Challenge! - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue20/20Weekly 100 Word Drabble Challenge! - Page 9 Empty_bar_bleue  (20/20)
Weekly 100 Word Drabble Challenge! - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue3/3Weekly 100 Word Drabble Challenge! - Page 9 Empty_bar_bleue  (3/3)

Back to top Go down

Post by Snickie Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:17 pm

Vena, yours sounds a lot like it could go directly alongside mine. I'm not sure if it would come before or after, since you start with the scream and end with the sending of nightmares. It's like, super awesomely cool in that sense. Maybe you didn't mean it to be this way, but having my drabble in the back of my mind while reading yours added some dimension to both of them. Just...wow.
Snickie
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Back to top Go down

Post by Adventurer411 Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:02 pm

Wow, sniki, you're right o.o it's like mine goes right after/before yours. I didn't even read yours until now, and it's kind of weird how similar it is. But awesome too Very Happy
Adventurer411
Adventurer411
Judge
Judge

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by RenaYumi Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:20 am

Oops, that prompt got away from me fast. I apologize for any amounts of feels I caused.
RenaYumi
RenaYumi
Rekin
Rekin

Female Posts : 137

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Jelly Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:51 pm

Awwww Rena ;_;

Quick note, everyone - some of you might have noticed that I'm beginning to do weekly round-ups of the drabbles on the XL tumblr. If you upload yours to ff.net or anywhere else and want that link in the round-up post, just add it to the end of your fic.
Soul Jelly
Soul Jelly
Scyphozoa
Scyphozoa

Back to top Go down

Post by cya6 Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:46 pm

what's the XL tumblr?
cya6
cya6
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Jelly Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:18 pm

The tumblr for Xana's Lair. Link's in my sig, but Shadows/myself are posting to tumblr about events on the forum, etc. and also randomly reblogging/following active CL fans on there. Just a bit of extra promotion for the forum basically. Very Happy
Soul Jelly
Soul Jelly
Scyphozoa
Scyphozoa

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeMeInTheShadows Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:03 pm

Sorry this is a bit later than originally planned.

Drabble: #32
Prompt: Second Chance
Begin Date: July 13
End Date: July 20
Special Details: none
SeeMeInTheShadows
SeeMeInTheShadows
Mistress of Butterflies
Mistress of Butterflies

Back to top Go down

Post by Snickie Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:41 pm

Aaaaaaand I just got ambushed by an onslaught of ideas. Very Happy
Snickie
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:49 pm

Remember when I used to do drabble challenges? yup... neither do I.

Back to top Go down

Post by Snickie Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:44 am

We allowed to post multiple drabbles for the same prompt? I just whipped out three of them...
Snickie
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeMeInTheShadows Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:54 am

As of right now, no, but those extra drabbles may come in useful for a future prompt (that was almost this week's prompt before I decided to change it at the last minute.). Very Happy
SeeMeInTheShadows
SeeMeInTheShadows
Mistress of Butterflies
Mistress of Butterflies

Back to top Go down

Post by Snickie Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:35 am

Thanks for the info.

William feels a bit angsty... Wink
Snickie
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 15 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next