Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.
Xana's Lair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weekly 100 Word Drabble Challenge!

+19
Snickie
AeonFrodo
Adventurer411
aelitaxwilliam
cya6
Dr. J
Soul Jelly
Eilorae
Rikkamaru
xiaozanghou
linux-ubuntu
The Never Minder
Kittyclaw
Stella Luce 333
SnowPrincessMossy
Railen
memoire-blanche
Coto524
SeeMeInTheShadows
23 posters

Page 7 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Go down

Weekly 100 Word Drabble Challenge! - Page 8 Empty Re: Weekly 100 Word Drabble Challenge!

Post by SeeMeInTheShadows Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:09 pm

This one should produce deliciously angsty (and deliciously nonangsty, whatever you want) drabbles. It's also a little different so pay attention to the special details. And I know the title is sort of lame, it's the best I could think of.

Drabble: #27
Prompt: Your Tale
Begin Date: June 1
End Date: June 15
Special Details: write a drabble while listening to this song. It should fit the music, whatever you're inspired to write, write.

ANOUNCEMENT
I'll be gone for about two weeks, so you have an all you can eat drabble buffet. That means catch up on any and all of the old drabbles that you've missed! Yeah, I said you can catch up on all of them. I know what I'll be doing on the plane. Very Happy
SeeMeInTheShadows
SeeMeInTheShadows
Mistress of Butterflies
Mistress of Butterflies

Female Posts : 4157

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1664845/

Back to top Go down

Weekly 100 Word Drabble Challenge! - Page 8 Empty Re: Weekly 100 Word Drabble Challenge!

Post by Soul Jelly Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:23 pm

Still working on the current one but for now I'm catching up; challenging myself by writing a -gasp- canon pairing for once.

Belated comments on last week's drabbles - I really enjoyed them both! One of my favourite things for me is seeing how completely differently people can interpret a prompt, and Shadows and Stella, both of yours had a mystical air about them but were both really unique. Aven though I'm missing out on the full impact of yours Stella, I really liked it. I don't know what series you were referring to, but I love the crossovery-type drabbles you often come up with Very Happy. I love the fairytale element in yours Shadows, and the twist at the end, as I too thought it was going to be Yumi not Aelita.
Soul Jelly
Soul Jelly
Scyphozoa
Scyphozoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Luce 333 Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:44 am

Mine's basd off of a book calld A Wrnkle in Time, whch is relly good. It's defntly worth a look if you get the chnce...
Stella Luce 333
Stella Luce 333
Spectre
Spectre

Female Posts : 2637

Character Sheet
Health::
Weekly 100 Word Drabble Challenge! - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue7/17Weekly 100 Word Drabble Challenge! - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (7/17)
Energy::
Weekly 100 Word Drabble Challenge! - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue3/3Weekly 100 Word Drabble Challenge! - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (3/3)
Experience::
Weekly 100 Word Drabble Challenge! - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue0/0Weekly 100 Word Drabble Challenge! - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

http://www.fanfiction.net/~stellaluce333

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Jelly Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:01 pm

Ooh, thanks! I've never heard of it but I will look out for it on my next trip to the library.

@Cya; Freaking awesome, definitely one of my favourites of yours. Very eerie - befitting the music - and very sad as well. I like how Sissi's emotions at not knowing become something much deeper than "oh great, I'll never find out your secret now"; there's a sense of injustice in there, like she believed their story deserved to be told, and a sense of fear as well, that whatever happened to them might happen to her.

(Out of curiosity, what did you have in mind for what happened to the LWs, if anything? It put me in the mind of Ghosts in the Machine where the RTTP essentially renders Yumi, etc. empty shells in the world they left behind but the idea of a XANA attack just wiping them all out instantly is equally frightening really.)

About to post a few more catch-ups since I'm not feeling too inspired by this week's prompt just now. And yes, I'm pretty sure the Odd thing in Dark Instinct is a cliché which is why I'm only devoting one hundred words to my own rendition of it. Razz
And that's it for a while unless I get really inspired/think of something for this week's prompt. I'm really burned out on writing right now. @_@
Soul Jelly
Soul Jelly
Scyphozoa
Scyphozoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Luce 333 Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:48 am

If it helps, I've nevr seen anybdy take on that twst to Od's persnlty befre...I relly love the idea, thogh...
Stella Luce 333
Stella Luce 333
Spectre
Spectre

Female Posts : 2637

Character Sheet
Weekly 100 Word Drabble Challenge! - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue7/17Weekly 100 Word Drabble Challenge! - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (7/17)
Weekly 100 Word Drabble Challenge! - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue3/3Weekly 100 Word Drabble Challenge! - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (3/3)
Weekly 100 Word Drabble Challenge! - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue0/0Weekly 100 Word Drabble Challenge! - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

http://www.fanfiction.net/~stellaluce333

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Jelly Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:57 am

Really? Oh that's cool then. Thanks!

Vena, already said as much but I love yours. Moar JxA loveliness and a nice glimpse into Jim's mysterious past. That said, I think my favourite may be 'Hunger' because it's a funny and unusual interaction of characters. Plus Delmas is super awesome. Very Happy
Soul Jelly
Soul Jelly
Scyphozoa
Scyphozoa

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeMeInTheShadows Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:02 am

Okay, time for the next real prompt- a day late, sorry about that. This week's prompt brought to you by The Legend of Korra, which is one right now.

Drabble: #28
Prompt: Turning Tides
Begin Date: June 15
End Date: June 22
Special Details: none.
SeeMeInTheShadows
SeeMeInTheShadows
Mistress of Butterflies
Mistress of Butterflies

Back to top Go down

Post by cya6 Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:28 am

Very nice Vena! I really liked all of them. Blink rings so true!

Shadows, they're all awesome! Last Call was so melencholy, and I think it's funny both you and I did something with Sissi for Your Tale.

Glad I finally got one out Razz
cya6
cya6
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Female Posts : 3491

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Jelly Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:19 pm

@Cya; You took a really interesting view on that prompt, I liked it a lot! Very Happy Awesome take on XANA's character and I like the possibility that XANA may have happened anyway, whether someone switched on the supercomputer or not. Might adopt that as my own head-canon too.

@Shadows; I also liked all of yours, but especially that Odd-leaving one, completely tragic ;_; the sense of desperation and betrayal really shines through. Nice take on Jim with his romantic backstory too!

Edit: Just posted mine. Inspiration has been lacking for these lately... But when in doubt, do another crack!ship, that's what I always say. Razz I may attempt some more YxU next week though if I can.

Last edited by Soul_Jelly on Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Soul Jelly
Soul Jelly
Scyphozoa
Scyphozoa

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeMeInTheShadows Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:46 pm

Thanks guys! I still haven't read yours, but I plan to (I actually plan to take an evening and reread every single drabble). I'm glad you liked last call, it was a story I've been trying to hammer out for forever (aka, I had the summary written and nothing else) and then I didn't even realize that it fit perfectly until I stared a good thirty seconds at the prompt. Very Happy
SeeMeInTheShadows
SeeMeInTheShadows
Mistress of Butterflies
Mistress of Butterflies

Back to top Go down

Post by Adventurer411 Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:52 pm

This week's drabble posted. Woot.

Cya, I really loved yours. It just seemed to perfectly describe the prompt, and it just had a big impact and makes you think. Great job.
Adventurer411
Adventurer411
Judge
Judge

Female Posts : 1150

Character Sheet
Weekly 100 Word Drabble Challenge! - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue20/20Weekly 100 Word Drabble Challenge! - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (20/20)

Back to top Go down

Post by cya6 Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:59 pm

Thanks, Vena. I liked yours, it gave a whole new side to the prompt. While I would have thought of turning the tides of a battle for good, you've made it more bleak and emotional. Very nice.
cya6
cya6
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Adventurer411 Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:10 pm

Thanks!
Adventurer411
Adventurer411
Judge
Judge

Female Posts : 1150

Character Sheet
Weekly 100 Word Drabble Challenge! - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue20/20Weekly 100 Word Drabble Challenge! - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (20/20)

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Jelly Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:13 pm

What other genres are there besides angst and romance? Because I need to switch mine up a bit. Razz
Soul Jelly
Soul Jelly
Scyphozoa
Scyphozoa

Back to top Go down

Post by cya6 Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:47 pm

Humor. Or just telling a story, sorta adventure. Also friendship. You could sorta do a horror, kinda supernatural ghost-ish. (but that's harder to do in 100 words). A mystery, but the last two are kinda close to angst.

You could always do Western Razz
cya6
cya6
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeMeInTheShadows Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:18 pm

Have I ever told you that I have a secret (or not so secret) adoration of Western stories. Like, a huge one (I'm not even joking, I once looked at Harry Potter Western stories and found one by the name of "Ron the Cow"- go check it out if you don't believe me).

So yes, I vote that we all do Westerns next week (and since I'm the one making the prompts...)

...Or maybe not, who knows?
SeeMeInTheShadows
SeeMeInTheShadows
Mistress of Butterflies
Mistress of Butterflies

Back to top Go down

Post by cya6 Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:33 pm

Oh yeah, that'd rock! Get me out of my comfort zone, see if I can do anything besides angst.
cya6
cya6
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Jelly Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:39 pm

I can totally get behind this Western idea. Let's do it.
Soul Jelly
Soul Jelly
Scyphozoa
Scyphozoa

Back to top Go down

Post by cya6 Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:46 pm

Uh, read that cow story too.

Weeeeeeeeeeird...
cya6
cya6
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeMeInTheShadows Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:10 pm

Hermione and Harry tried to convince him otherwise, but Ron told them this:

"Muuhh!"

And so, there was no more to discuss.
Okay, next week will be Western, that's decided, please don't turn the Lyoko Warriors into farm animals (I'm not going to say you can't, because I'm all for freedom of expression and I don't agree with Machiavelli on everything), and don't start writing it yet, even though you know what it is! (You can start plotting though, though that defeats the purpose- I make the prompts and I don't even know what I'm going to do with them until sometimes around Thursday night). Very Happy
SeeMeInTheShadows
SeeMeInTheShadows
Mistress of Butterflies
Mistress of Butterflies

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeMeInTheShadows Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:54 pm

Double posting for sake of updating.

Drabble: #29
Prompt: Standoff
Begin Date: June 22
End Date: June 29
Special Details: Must be a Western. Very Happy

Have fun!
SeeMeInTheShadows
SeeMeInTheShadows
Mistress of Butterflies
Mistress of Butterflies

Back to top Go down

Post by cya6 Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:09 pm

heh heh heh...

And I swear, I will do this one!
cya6
cya6
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:21 pm

One day, I will too.

Back to top Go down

Post by cya6 Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:36 pm

hmm, I actually had fun with this one.  Can't wait to see what y'all do!

I changed it slightly, is that ok?
cya6
cya6
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Jelly Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:03 am

Yesss the prompt is up! I've been waiting for this.

Loved yours Cya!
Soul Jelly
Soul Jelly
Scyphozoa
Scyphozoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next