Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.
Xana's Lair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Chat: April

+15
LongHairedAelita
QuinSeparable
SeeMeInTheShadows
dEaTh_bat_pRiDe
aelitaxwilliam
Stella Luce 333
juejue
fawkes39
Snickie
eseiprahs
Atlas
nodsviper
cya6
Coto524
Koneko on lyoko
19 posters

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

General Chat: April - Page 12 Empty Re: General Chat: April

Post by thehighlord Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:18 pm

theres aa difference between not liking you, and not knowing you
thehighlord
thehighlord
Insekt
Insekt

Male Posts : 97

Character Sheet
Health::
General Chat: April - Page 12 Left_bar_bleue0/0General Chat: April - Page 12 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Energy::
General Chat: April - Page 12 Left_bar_bleue0/0General Chat: April - Page 12 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Experience::

Back to top Go down

Post by Snickie Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:59 pm

Lakeside Jazz Festival in Port Orange was all day yesterday and Friday. We didn't get to actually walk around and look at the craft booths though because they closed at 5, and we basically got there around noon, checked in, bathroom break, unload trailer, go to warmup, play onstage, sit through critique, go back to reload the trailer, go back to watch the middle school play, wander for 5 Minutes (not long enough to see everything), go back to the trailer to load the middle school stuff, and drive to the mall in Daytona to eat dinner. We didn't get back to the site until 5:30, and the bands onstage ended up running behind because there were delays at the second performance area due to rain, and so the bands that fell behind had to come perform at the main area and set the rest of the schedule an hour behind. We ended up leaving early and missing awards because of how late we were going to get back. We ended up getting back at midnight. The middle school got straight As across all three judges' sheets for straight superiors, while we got superior excellent excellent.

so I spent a lot of today sleeping when I meant to be writing and finishing my English paper. And now I shall sleep some more.
Snickie
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Female Posts : 3198

http://snickiedude@deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nodsviper Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:26 pm

Good luck on the English Paper! The frozen department guy at work got suspended, so I'm working 40 hours this week to cover while he's gone. I really cannot wait to get back to school in the fall, so I can get out of this grocery store in a few years.

Animaniacs? I miss that show so much!
nodsviper
nodsviper
Krab
Krab

Male Posts : 144

Back to top Go down

Post by eseiprahs Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:51 pm

Animaniacs? I miss that show so much!

I love Animaniacs! It's on the Hub now you know?
eseiprahs
eseiprahs
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Female Posts : 5177

Character Sheet
General Chat: April - Page 12 Left_bar_bleue18/18General Chat: April - Page 12 Empty_bar_bleue  (18/18)
General Chat: April - Page 12 Left_bar_bleue1/1General Chat: April - Page 12 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3757556/eseiprahs1     http://eseipr

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Luce 333 Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:46 am

I got a PM from somebody on FFN asking me to take a look at his story, but I typically stay away from M rated fics…Any of you guys interested in reading it? I’ll PM you the link…
Stella Luce 333
Stella Luce 333
Spectre
Spectre

Female Posts : 2637

Character Sheet
General Chat: April - Page 12 Left_bar_bleue7/17General Chat: April - Page 12 Empty_bar_bleue  (7/17)
General Chat: April - Page 12 Left_bar_bleue3/3General Chat: April - Page 12 Empty_bar_bleue  (3/3)

http://www.fanfiction.net/~stellaluce333

Back to top Go down

Post by eseiprahs Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:10 am

I'LL READ IT
eseiprahs
eseiprahs
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Character Sheet
General Chat: April - Page 12 Left_bar_bleue18/18General Chat: April - Page 12 Empty_bar_bleue  (18/18)
General Chat: April - Page 12 Left_bar_bleue1/1General Chat: April - Page 12 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

Back to top Go down

Post by Koneko on lyoko Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:32 am

I'll read it :3

Ahhhhh we got our results from the maths test we did last week and I got a C and it was only just a C ;-; I need to do better because I really don't want to have to do maths again at A level, I'd like to have some time of my school life free of that subject.
Koneko on lyoko
Koneko on lyoko
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Female Posts : 3243

Character Sheet
General Chat: April - Page 12 Left_bar_bleue19/19General Chat: April - Page 12 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)

http://kageyamas-hinata.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by cya6 Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:53 pm

Ok
So, as you all may have noticed, I've been battling a s**t ton of depression lately. I've been battling anxiety and stress as well.
That's not what I'm so much as talking about.
I was able to convince my parents to not make me take the two SAT subject tests. I have been beyond overstreched. Motivation-wise, I am running on fumes. It's all I can do to survive this semester. I am over burnt out.
I haven't even been able to look forward to the end of the semester because I was panicking about this test.
I was nearly in tears just thinking about it this morning.
This is a HUGE load off my shoulders. I am so relieved. All I need to worry about is bio and calc. History is doing good. French is doing good.

So, this is some good news for once Smile

Also, playing Portal 2 co op with my boyfriend is one of the best things on earth.
cya6
cya6
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Female Posts : 3491

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by eseiprahs Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:46 pm

You seem to get anxiety over what my friend getsanxiety over, cya
eseiprahs
eseiprahs
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snickie Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:10 pm

Stella Luce 333 wrote:I got a PM from somebody on FFN asking me to take a look at his story, but I typically stay away from M rated fics…Any of you guys interested in reading it? I’ll PM you the link…

I'll read it.
Snickie
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Back to top Go down

Post by aelitaxwilliam Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:06 pm

John, you're posting again!! Glad to have you and your moshpos back.

Stella Luce 333 wrote:I got a PM from somebody on FFN asking me to take a look at his story, but I typically stay away from M rated fics…Any of you guys interested in reading it? I’ll PM you the link…

Do you mind PMing me their username? I think they've been making rounds or something since I also got a PM, but I rarely read fics on request. I'm kind of curious if it's the same person though.
aelitaxwilliam
aelitaxwilliam
Moderator (Desert Sector)
Moderator (Desert Sector)

Female Posts : 4579

Character Sheet
General Chat: April - Page 12 Left_bar_bleue14/18General Chat: April - Page 12 Empty_bar_bleue  (14/18)
General Chat: April - Page 12 Left_bar_bleue4/5General Chat: April - Page 12 Empty_bar_bleue  (4/5)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pastamancer Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:25 pm

Cya:That is great I've had some short term battles with really low self esteem and depression and it makes me happy to hear that your happy. I really hope that doesn't sound creepy.

In other news it turns out I'm the most musically literate in my chorus class.
The Pastamancer
The Pastamancer
Megatank
Megatank

Male Posts : 280

Back to top Go down

Post by Snickie Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:37 pm

I was surprised when I found out how many of the people in our school's chorus couldn't read music.
Snickie
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Back to top Go down

Post by nodsviper Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:24 pm

I've never taken chorus before. We were all required to sing songs on stage in my elementary school, but that ended in 6th grade. In 7th grade I took band instead; I played the trombone.
nodsviper
nodsviper
Krab
Krab

Male Posts : 144

Back to top Go down

Post by thehighlord Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:05 pm

happy earth day! [to those of you to whom that is a thing]

I updated both of my stories yesterday! Now i have to write more of them again

@stella; send me the link? i'll read it.
thehighlord
thehighlord
Insekt
Insekt

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Luce 333 Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:35 am

I don’t mind that he asked me to look at it, I’m just not into M rated fics. I think he’s just starting out since he only has one fic posted…
Stella Luce 333
Stella Luce 333
Spectre
Spectre

Female Posts : 2637

Character Sheet
General Chat: April - Page 12 Left_bar_bleue7/17General Chat: April - Page 12 Empty_bar_bleue  (7/17)
General Chat: April - Page 12 Left_bar_bleue3/3General Chat: April - Page 12 Empty_bar_bleue  (3/3)

http://www.fanfiction.net/~stellaluce333

Back to top Go down

Post by eseiprahs Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:03 am

I didn't even realize I had a message! I can read it while I'm in the tanning bed today.
eseiprahs
eseiprahs
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by thehighlord Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:21 pm

i didnt realize that this guys story was like, 30 bloody chapters.

GUYS IT 220,000 [NOT A TYPO] WORDS

*bangs head on desk* ugh now i have to read all afternoon.

oh well, its sometihn to do that isnt tumbling pointlessly.
*leaps through a wall*

thehighlord
thehighlord
Insekt
Insekt

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by eseiprahs Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:50 pm

What makes it M? I have not read it yet.
eseiprahs
eseiprahs
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by thehighlord Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:56 pm

eseiprahs wrote:What makes it M? I have not read it yet.

I have no idea. I'm only 2 chapters in.
So far the writing is stilted and uninspiring. Blocky if you will.
thehighlord
thehighlord
Insekt
Insekt

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snickie Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:16 pm

I read pretty far in before (I don't think I finished though because the length was just overwhelming), and I don't remember seeing anything that should have made it M-rated. Some violence and language, I guess, but not much that I can recall.
Snickie
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Back to top Go down

Post by eseiprahs Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:46 pm

I started reading but there are some errors. It could also be more entertaining. I can't seem to find interest. I suppose I shouldn't conclude so early...
eseiprahs
eseiprahs
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by cya6 Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:48 pm

Why are you making such a big deal out of this story? I'm sorry, I always thought PMs looking for attention were the equivalent of spamming YouTube comments asking you to watch their videos.
People send these all the times just to get hits and reviews. Did he ask you to beta read?
cya6
cya6
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by thehighlord Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:42 pm

I'm reading it because I'm A; a bibliophile, and will read anything you put in front of me.
B; this isn't YouTube were talking about. Asking someone to read your work isn't as whorish as it is there. The FF community thrives on feedback and sharing, as does this forum, which exists as an extension of that community.
And C; asking an established author to look something over is completely acceptable, as long as you are willing to deal with critical feedback.
thehighlord
thehighlord
Insekt
Insekt

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by cya6 Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:49 pm

Alright. I just sometimes worry that people are just trying to get as many hits as possible. Probably because the first person who contacted me's fics were clearly trollfics. I'm just wary of them now...
cya6
cya6
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next