Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.
Xana's Lair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which [canon] couple do you prefer to write?

+6
Koneko on lyoko
cya6
Atlas
Snickie
aelitaxwilliam
Soul Jelly
10 posters

Go down

Which canon couple do you prefer to write fics for?

Which [canon] couple do you prefer to write? I_voti1129%Which [canon] couple do you prefer to write? Vote_l12 29% 
[ 5 ]
Which [canon] couple do you prefer to write? I_voti1165%Which [canon] couple do you prefer to write? Vote_l12 65% 
[ 11 ]
Which [canon] couple do you prefer to write? I_voti116%Which [canon] couple do you prefer to write? Vote_l12 6% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 17

Which [canon] couple do you prefer to write? Empty Which [canon] couple do you prefer to write?

Post by Soul Jelly Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:04 pm

I'm planning a new fic project and subsequently got to thinking. Mainly that I can barely think of any prominent YxU writers on this site; in fact the only one who comes to mind is Naru. Everyone else seems to write JxA, and to a lesser extent OxA and various other non-canon ships.

So I was just wondering, which ship out of the above do you most write about?

(Taking YxU as canon as it seems to be considered as such by the vast majority of the fandom.)
Soul Jelly
Soul Jelly
Scyphozoa
Scyphozoa

Back to top Go down

Which [canon] couple do you prefer to write? Empty Re: Which [canon] couple do you prefer to write?

Post by aelitaxwilliam Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:58 pm

I've probably written an equal amount for both. I think I forced myself to write Jerlita a couple of times for a writing exercise, and I've been slowly trying to jot down some notes for an Ulrich/Yumi multi-chapter. It's been difficult to write lately though, because I feel drained more often than not, even if I don't happen to have a lot of homework.

As for which couple I prefer to write...I think we all know the answer to that one. Very Happy I adore Ulrich/Yumi!

Oh, and this isn't a couple I've written, but I wouldn't mind playing around with Principal Delmas and Sissi's mother's relationship. Sissi's one of my favourite characters, so it's natural I'd want to write more about her and her family. I've always wondered what happened with her parents.
aelitaxwilliam
aelitaxwilliam
Moderator (Desert Sector)
Moderator (Desert Sector)

Female Posts : 4579

Character Sheet
Health::
Which [canon] couple do you prefer to write? Left_bar_bleue14/18Which [canon] couple do you prefer to write? Empty_bar_bleue  (14/18)
Energy::
Which [canon] couple do you prefer to write? Left_bar_bleue4/5Which [canon] couple do you prefer to write? Empty_bar_bleue  (4/5)
Experience::
Which [canon] couple do you prefer to write? Left_bar_bleue0/0Which [canon] couple do you prefer to write? Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Which [canon] couple do you prefer to write? Empty Re: Which [canon] couple do you prefer to write?

Post by Snickie Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:30 pm

I don't write much romance to begin with, but the stuff I do tend to think up is mostly JxA.... I feel like it's the "easy" couple to write for, versus YxU which is so complicated and can be(and is often) so easily slopped over.... Like, either it's too cheesy or downright unrealistic (for their own characters). I haven't found a non-AU fic yet that establishes them very well as a couple.
Snickie
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Female Posts : 3198

http://snickiedude@deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlas Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:51 pm

Imo both of the pairings are pretty boring, though for different reasons.

UxY has the difficulty of being completely aggravating because these two people can't express their feelings if you wrote lines for them to read.

JxA is such a stereotypical romance it's painful. I compare it to the Magical Princess trope where some new girl shows up in the nerd/social outcast's life and they find they like each other. Something special needs to be brought to the table if Jeremy is going to break off his affair with his PC.
Atlas
Atlas
Admin (Atlas)
Admin (Atlas)

Male Posts : 5304

Character Sheet
Which [canon] couple do you prefer to write? Left_bar_bleue5/10Which [canon] couple do you prefer to write? Empty_bar_bleue  (5/10)
Which [canon] couple do you prefer to write? Left_bar_bleue4/12Which [canon] couple do you prefer to write? Empty_bar_bleue  (4/12)
Which [canon] couple do you prefer to write? Left_bar_bleue0/5Which [canon] couple do you prefer to write? Empty_bar_bleue  (0/5)

Back to top Go down

Post by cya6 Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:36 am

To be honest, I ship JxA most, but it's not my favorite. I don't know, but whenever I write it, it comes off as somewhat stilted. That's probably just me, though.

I don't write a lot of fluff. When romance does come into play, it's either just a small part of the story, or, if it does come into focus, it's non canon.

I mean, I do have stories where it's more pronounced, but it's still not a huge part of them.

Maybe I'm just not a fan of canon pairings.
cya6
cya6
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Female Posts : 3491

Character Sheet
Which [canon] couple do you prefer to write? Left_bar_bleue0/0Which [canon] couple do you prefer to write? Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post by Koneko on lyoko Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:38 am

I ship JxA, but I never have any idea for what to do with them. If I wrote more fanfiction,then I'd probably be a YxU writer...most fics involving William in some way too.
Koneko on lyoko
Koneko on lyoko
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Female Posts : 3243

Character Sheet
Which [canon] couple do you prefer to write? Left_bar_bleue19/19Which [canon] couple do you prefer to write? Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
Which [canon] couple do you prefer to write? Left_bar_bleue1/1Which [canon] couple do you prefer to write? Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

http://kageyamas-hinata.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Adventurer411 Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:53 pm

Where's the Jerlita x 1000 vote button?
Adventurer411
Adventurer411
Judge
Judge

Female Posts : 1150

Character Sheet
Which [canon] couple do you prefer to write? Left_bar_bleue20/20Which [canon] couple do you prefer to write? Empty_bar_bleue  (20/20)
Which [canon] couple do you prefer to write? Left_bar_bleue3/3Which [canon] couple do you prefer to write? Empty_bar_bleue  (3/3)

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Luce 333 Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:19 pm

I think I’d have to vote other, just because it’s probably a 50/50 split between them for me. I’ve written a lot of JxA & a lot of YxU, it just depends on which couple is best for the story I’m writing…
Stella Luce 333
Stella Luce 333
Spectre
Spectre

Female Posts : 2637

Character Sheet
Which [canon] couple do you prefer to write? Left_bar_bleue7/17Which [canon] couple do you prefer to write? Empty_bar_bleue  (7/17)
Which [canon] couple do you prefer to write? Left_bar_bleue3/3Which [canon] couple do you prefer to write? Empty_bar_bleue  (3/3)

http://www.fanfiction.net/~stellaluce333

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. J Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:51 pm

JxA, just by virtue or not writing UxY.
Dr. J
Dr. J
Megatank
Megatank

Male Posts : 382

Character Sheet

http://forestfulloffreaks.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by naruto'sramengirl Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:57 pm

Yumi and Ulrich all the way! But there's only two main stories that I have about them, and in all honesty, while I love them, romance fiction is not something I want to do a lot of, so that'll probably be it.
naruto'sramengirl
naruto'sramengirl
Megatank
Megatank

Female Posts : 473

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down