Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.
Xana's Lair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let's Write a Code Lyoko Fanfic

+4
Eilorae
SeeMeInTheShadows
Soul Jelly
Atlas
8 posters

Go down

Let's Write a Code Lyoko Fanfic Empty Let's Write a Code Lyoko Fanfic

Post by Atlas Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:04 pm

Let's Write a Code Lyoko Fanfic Fanfiction1

Honestly so many people are authors on this site and it makes me sick. Not because I hate reading or anything like that, but because these people keep asking me to read their story. "Atlas, did you check out my chapter?" "Hey Atlas, did you read X?" Ahhhhh!

I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE! Something will be done about this....
And I've decided to fight fire with fire! All these people want me to read their fics huh? I'm going to turn the table and make them read MY fics, and then my revenge will be complete!

There's just one problem: I've never actually written anything close to a complete fic.
But that's where you come in!

Help me achieve my revenge! Join me on my crusade to put together a 30,000 word story that I can push onto anyone that'll listen.

------------------
While I will be the one actually writing the story I would like your input as I go, offering suggestions or ideas of where the story can go. That doesn't mean that I'll take every idea, but I'll make my best effort to incorporate as much as I can. In addition, some spelling/punctuation/formatting advice would be great as well.

Should my revenge be fulfilled I will be posting the complete story on ff.net, along with your names in the credits or wherever relevant. A CP reward will also go along with your efforts.

As for the actual writing itself, I will be leaving a scratch wherever I add my own thoughts or notes. Some commentary on the questions I bring up would be great for me, and perhaps for other reading.

Atlas
Atlas
Admin (Atlas)
Admin (Atlas)

Male Posts : 5304

Character Sheet
Health::
Let's Write a Code Lyoko Fanfic Left_bar_bleue5/10Let's Write a Code Lyoko Fanfic Empty_bar_bleue  (5/10)
Energy::
Let's Write a Code Lyoko Fanfic Left_bar_bleue4/12Let's Write a Code Lyoko Fanfic Empty_bar_bleue  (4/12)
Experience::
Let's Write a Code Lyoko Fanfic Left_bar_bleue0/5Let's Write a Code Lyoko Fanfic Empty_bar_bleue  (0/5)

Back to top Go down

Let's Write a Code Lyoko Fanfic Empty Re: Let's Write a Code Lyoko Fanfic

Post by Atlas Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:20 pm

And now we begin...

Title:

scratch Fuuu a roadblock already...... what do I put down? What kind of story do I want?

------

Title: My Revenge!

scratch Good enough for now? Probably going to need to come back to it. I feel like it still needs something though.....

------

scratch /flex muscles. This stuff is easy. Can't believe anyone has any problems with this. Of course, maybe later I'll need to rethink this. Seems a bit obvious.

================================

Rating:

scratch Hmmmm, if I make it super gory and brutal M rated I'll probably get a really repulsive fic, which is good for me. But on the other hand, most people aren't at that age, and I want this story to melt the brains of as many people as I can. Therefore....

------

Rating: T (ages 12-16)

scratch Good enough compromise.

==================================

Genre:

scratch I'm going to need your help with this part. This is my story of revenge, but not really sure what to make. Romance? Action? Crack? We'll decide through the writing.

==================================

This leaves us with....

Rating: T (ages 12-16)
Genre: ?
Atlas
Atlas
Admin (Atlas)
Admin (Atlas)

Character Sheet
Let's Write a Code Lyoko Fanfic Left_bar_bleue5/10Let's Write a Code Lyoko Fanfic Empty_bar_bleue  (5/10)
Let's Write a Code Lyoko Fanfic Left_bar_bleue4/12Let's Write a Code Lyoko Fanfic Empty_bar_bleue  (4/12)
Let's Write a Code Lyoko Fanfic Left_bar_bleue0/5Let's Write a Code Lyoko Fanfic Empty_bar_bleue  (0/5)

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Jelly Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:33 pm

(This is going to be awesome. Count me in.)

Genre eh? I suggest Horror and Western.
Soul Jelly
Soul Jelly
Scyphozoa
Scyphozoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlas Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:34 pm

scratch Ok, so that is good. Now to get to the actual writing!

CHAPTER 1:......

scratch Man this "naming" thing is annoying. Haven't even started and I've named like three things I'm not even sure about. Whatever let's just put....

CHAPTER 1: The Beginning

scratch Ok, we're going to need a font that isn't the same boring text we usually right in. Let's look at my options....

Arial: Shamalama Ding Dong
Arial Black: Shamalama Ding Dong
Comic Sans Ms: Shamalama Ding Dong
Courier New: Shamalama Ding Dong
Georgia: Shamalama Ding Dong
Impact: Shamalama Ding Dong
Times New Roman:Shamalama Ding Dong
Trebuchet MS: Shamalama Ding Dong
Verdana: Shamalama Ding Dong

scratch Impact and Arial Black are kind of ugly, so I'm not going to use those. The rest are all fair game. You guys can decide. As for size of text, 10 might be a bit small and hard to read. Some other ideas are:

11: Shamalama Ding Dong
12: Shamalama Ding Dong
13: Shamalama Ding Dong
14: Shamalama Ding Dong
16: Shamalama Ding Dong
18: Shamalama Ding Dong

scratch 14 Looks good to me, but again up to you.

scratch Wait..... I didn't actually write anything. Darn it!
Atlas
Atlas
Admin (Atlas)
Admin (Atlas)

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlas Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:08 pm

[Until suggestions are in, I'll write with normal text and size. I'll go back and edit the text when they are decided. Also, I didn't include color as an option because I'm going to do black for the actual story to help differentiate it from my own musings. Also, dialogue and any relevant change in reading or tense will be noted in italics.]

scratch Alright, enough with the settings. Let's get to the actual writing.

scratch Alright first sentence. It needs to be witty. Needs to be awesome. Something that'll rock the socks off the readers and make them want more of my revenge.

Call me Ishmael.

scratch Eh it's been done, whatever....ok ok fine! What about...

It was the best of times. It was the worst of times.

scratch /facepalm. Why did I think that was a good idea? Well, knowing what kind of epic story I want to write would be good.... Alright, something punchy but kind of generic.

Jeremy was waiting patiently by the usual spot out by the vending machines. He was a little groggy from not getting all the sleep he needed, but he was still looking forward to the usual ritual him and his gang of friends did. But everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked.

scratch I don't know, it looks ok. But something seems a little off.... can't quite put my finger on it.

scratch Hmmm, maybe some research will help. Be right back...

study ........Loading........ study

scratch Ok back. Let's try this...

============================

With a cascade of water rushing down from the levels of the Factory above, Odd was reasonably a little nervous about the idea of entering a claustrophobic metal casket.

"Then you better move fast. I'm seeing the Tower in the Desert Sector." Jeremy response echoed through the loudspeakers in the chamber.
"Yeah yeah Einstein. One deactivated tower coming up." The eccentric Odd replied as he climbed into the Scanners, ready to go.

scratch Dialogue need spaces between them? Looks ok so far.

"Right. Everyone ready?"
"We're here. Send us Jeremy!" Aelita noted, already prepared in one of the other Scanners.
"Alright then...."

"Transfer, Aelita. Transfer, Odd.
Scanner, Aelita. Scanner, Odd."

>>
>>
>> COMPILING COMPLETE

scratch If someone knows a little more about computer code is willing to aid me, I can make this little part look a little more genuine.
Virtualization."

==============================

scratch Meh, really darn short, but ok considering I have 0 direction right now. it has a bit of affraid with a bit of confused and some silent , all the while with having no idea what the heck is going on. Could be stronger, but something more towards editing than any writing right now.
Atlas
Atlas
Admin (Atlas)
Admin (Atlas)

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeMeInTheShadows Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:13 pm

IF it's yoru revenge you're after, along with horror/western, William and/or Siss (or even better, Jim!) hired a PI and a programmer and send the LWs to the Wild West when there is a serial killer going around, you know, killing people. Bam.
SeeMeInTheShadows
SeeMeInTheShadows
Mistress of Butterflies
Mistress of Butterflies

Female Posts : 4157

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1664845/

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlas Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:21 pm

I'm going to gather a few opinions before I continue on this.

Where do you guys think the story should go? Any mistakes? Perhaps some tips?
Atlas
Atlas
Admin (Atlas)
Admin (Atlas)

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilorae Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:40 pm

When in doubt in a CL story do this:

Flip Lyoko and Earth. Have Lyoko attire and powers on Earth and vice versa.
Eilorae
Eilorae
Spectre
Spectre

Female Posts : 2951

Character Sheet
Let's Write a Code Lyoko Fanfic Left_bar_bleue101/21Let's Write a Code Lyoko Fanfic Empty_bar_bleue  (101/21)
Let's Write a Code Lyoko Fanfic Left_bar_bleue2/4Let's Write a Code Lyoko Fanfic Empty_bar_bleue  (2/4)
Let's Write a Code Lyoko Fanfic Left_bar_bleue0/0Let's Write a Code Lyoko Fanfic Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post by aelitaxwilliam Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:04 pm

I'm glad you didn't use Comic Sans. There would be consequences if it reached that critical point.

I am up for horror. And ostriches. And maybe Jim as a pineapple because who can resist that.

I also like serial killers. Preferably as nasty as possible if you're going for revenge.
aelitaxwilliam
aelitaxwilliam
Moderator (Desert Sector)
Moderator (Desert Sector)

Female Posts : 4579

Character Sheet
Let's Write a Code Lyoko Fanfic Left_bar_bleue14/18Let's Write a Code Lyoko Fanfic Empty_bar_bleue  (14/18)
Let's Write a Code Lyoko Fanfic Left_bar_bleue4/5Let's Write a Code Lyoko Fanfic Empty_bar_bleue  (4/5)
Let's Write a Code Lyoko Fanfic Left_bar_bleue0/0Let's Write a Code Lyoko Fanfic Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:20 pm

Just for starters, put me in it and you will get reviews.

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlas Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:36 pm

Soul_Jelly wrote: Genre eh? I suggest Horror and Western.

aelitaxwilliam wrote:I'm glad you didn't use Comic Sans. ......I am up for horror. ......I also like serial killers. Preferably as nasty as possible if you're going for revenge.

scratch People are really darn keen on this Western and Horror thing. Is there something in the water? Well, whatever if it's cowboys and serial killers you want, we'll find cowboys and serial killers to get.

CHAPTER 2: Lost in Time

scratch Because time travel is the only way I can see this working.

scratch Alright, I need cowboys and mad killers....... how to make this work.....

Odd opens his eyes just in time to get a brief view of the vast mountain ranges he was teleported to before he felt that familiar feeling of falling. A quick shifting of his legs made him fall safely from above, and onto a small plateau next to a series of moving platforms leading to a red glowing Tower.

"The Tower is right across those platforms. If Aelita gets into them and deactivates it, then the flooding here is going to stop, we can go back in time, and we can all go home."

"Yeah yeah, we know Einstein. Any monsters?"

scratch Hooray for stealthily adding in some information for non-CL readers!

"No, but keep an eye out."

"Alright Jeremy. Let's go Odd."

Aelita rushes forwards and with a swipe across her star-shaped bracelet, sprouts wings of energy from her back and fly easily towards the Tower.
Odd is left having to hoof it across the platforms with a few well timed jumps.

"You know Princess, you could keep me company while I'm stuck on these two legs. Not everyone gets to dress up in pink jumpsuits with transparent skirts and wings, you know.

"Yeah I must admit. Looking like a purple cat-man with a tail wouldn't have been my first choice."

"Like I had a choice! We just get the whole "part of your subconscious" techno-talk from Jeremy!"

scratch 2/2 with exposition. *fistpump*

"Alright then. I'll just go on ahead and deactivate the Tower."

Aelita effortlessly glides through to the Tower and lands only a few feet in front of the Tower. With no resistance she enters the Tower, leaving Odd to simply watch for enemies outside.

"Hey Einstein. You sure there aren't any monsters around? This is way too easy."

"No Odd, and for once you're right. I hope we're not walking into a trap."

scratch In a Horror story, you're always walking into a trap. Get used to it.

"Right, tower deactivated. Beginning a return to the past now."

"Well it's about time. I could use a good lunch now."

"Returning to the past ..... now."

ERROR ERROR

"Wait what's going on?!?.... NO!"

=========================

scratch Alright, should probably get back to that part, but time to actually get somewhere.

After the Return To The Past, I open my eyes and rise back up out from my bed. It feels a little stiff though.
The sun is shining quite brightly right outside, and it's getting in the way of my sleep.

"Hey Ulrich, you mind shutting out the light? I need my beauty sleep...."

"Ulrich?"

Slightly alarmed now, I rise out of my bed only to find that my best man was nowhere to be found... and the same for my room.
Instead of the typical dorm room I had grown to know and love, this room was dirty, only had one bed and no furniture minus a table with a chair in the corner and a small dresser. On the table was a small box of cigarettes and.... is that a revolver?

Looking at myself, my normal sleepwear has been replaced with a simple white cotton sleeveless shirt spotted with dirt stains, and some stripped pants with holes on both of the knees.

scratch Yes, it had to be sleeveless. Idk why I had to add it.

Panicking now, I rush to the opening that looks to be a door and run outside.

Out there, the bright sun shines straight into my face with an intensity that makes it uncomfortable to bear, forcing me to shield my eyes with one of my hands.

"What in tarnations!"

To my right, some guy dressed in rawhide pants and boots with a cloth white shirt is pointing a gun at me now, clearly disturbed at the sight of me runnig out from what I can only guess is his home.

"Name yourself, stranger!"

"Uh.. Odd Della Robbia! Please! Don't shoot! I have no idea where this is or how I got here!"

"Like you can just scamper on in to my hut without remembering! Didn't know St.Louis had a bunch o' thieves running around."

"...What did you say?"

==============================

"What do you mean "you lost him"?"

"I don't know Aelita! he's just disappeared off my screen! I can't find him anywhere!"

"This is just awful, Jeremy."

"I know, but at the moment we got bigger problems."

"Like WHAT? Odd is missing!"

"Like the fact that we still have water flooding in! if this keeps up, the SuperComputer is toast!"

scratch Cowboys: Check. A little Horror, but more Mystery: Check. Considering what kind of pot-dream ideas you guys are giving me, I think we're getting somewhere. But please, I can really use some help on this suffer. Unless you really just want to watch me suffer and you're in to that thing.

scratch Always taking suggestions, whether it's what happens next, some writing/punctuation mistakes or even just general advice like "You need to put more detail here" or "I don't quite understand this part." Feedback is needed if I am to accomplish my revenge.

Atlas
Atlas
Admin (Atlas)
Admin (Atlas)

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeMeInTheShadows Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:06 pm

One thing is I would get out of present tense as soon as you can, as it's usually hard to keep it up. Either that or make a concious effort to keep it in present tense. Also, you randomly switch from third person to first.
SeeMeInTheShadows
SeeMeInTheShadows
Mistress of Butterflies
Mistress of Butterflies

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlas Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:14 pm

Yeah I can see that now. I went from third person starting from the beginning, and then just swapped to first person for Odd's part.

...not sure which one I want. Have to think about that.
Atlas
Atlas
Admin (Atlas)
Admin (Atlas)

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by PeaceKeeper2014 Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:14 pm

A first person experience is more immersive, suspenseful, always very entertaining. However, it is limited. But, it's better to have more suspense, immersion, and actions rather than doing it in third person. However, I do it all the time, but sometimes, first person is the way to go, especially for horror and suspense. Especially suspense and horror.
PeaceKeeper2014
PeaceKeeper2014
Tarantula
Tarantula

Male Posts : 869

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeMeInTheShadows Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:23 am

But it's also harder because you have to be totally in Odd's character the entire time. You can't really use your own style as writing as much because you're limited to what Odd would think/say. Pk is definitelly right about it being more immersive and it is usually pretty interesting because it's not done well very often- or done as often as third, but it also means you can't do aspects like Jeremie and Aelita talking/ learning whatever is happening somewhere else. Again, it's really a matter of opinion depending on the scenes you want in your story.
SeeMeInTheShadows
SeeMeInTheShadows
Mistress of Butterflies
Mistress of Butterflies

Back to top Go down

Post by cya6 Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:16 am

what're you gonna do about pairings? Plus, you know, fonts don't apply for fanfic.com, they're just jerks about that. I've actually had a lot of trouble making sure it even copies the words I want, but it uses the same font.

Also, are you gonna send them all back in time? Just some?
cya6
cya6
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Female Posts : 3491

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by cya6 Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:22 pm

Also, I'd go with 3rd person. Otherwise you have to be good at not only writing a characters actions but their thought process.
cya6
cya6
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Female Posts : 3491

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by SMARTAgentKC Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:29 pm

Hmm... I must say Atlas, for a story you are piecing together from random suggestions, I think it is quite nice, although the author thoughts in between each section is a little derailing.

Now for ideas I see XANA as a mystical force and gunslinger that been causing problems for the town and it up to Odd to deal with him but XANA has the advantage in the west as it's all real..."
SMARTAgentKC
SMARTAgentKC
Tarantula
Tarantula

Male Posts : 542

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down