Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.
Xana's Lair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unpopular Code Lyoko opinions?

+22
Dobermutt
Evil Jeremy
The Pastamancer
Umbra Animus
eseiprahs
SkystoneNumairian
RenaYumi
Snickie
LongHairedAelita
cya6
ArgentDandelion
SMARTAgentKC
Atlas
Lyokofelinae
AeonFrodo
MizuDunbar
A_QueenOfFairys
aelitaxwilliam
Soul Jelly
SeeMeInTheShadows
Stella Luce 333
Gocaclleta
26 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Unpopular Code Lyoko opinions? - Page 3 Empty Re: Unpopular Code Lyoko opinions?

Post by Atlas Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:09 pm

A_QueenOfFairys wrote:

In the novels it was explained why adults couldn't enter Lyoko. Not exactly canon and I don't see how it works with Franz' virtual form, but it's an interesting theory.

The bad guys captured the factory and tried to send soldiers in to obtain something (spoilers yo) but they all ended up being these hideous monster things. The same thing was said to happen to Franz' coworkers when he was developing the supercomputer. It was said this was because adults had done many regrettable things in their lifetimes, and they're mature enough to realise what the effect of those things is. It's like a weight on their shoulders and it makes them feel disgusting subconsciously, and that transfers over to Lyoko.

words

So yeah...kind of a gruesome theory and not totally canon, but it makes a lot of sense.

That... is actually really awesome in a Lovecraftian way. I hereby support this theory.
Atlas
Atlas
Admin (Atlas)
Admin (Atlas)

Male Posts : 5304

Character Sheet
Health::
Unpopular Code Lyoko opinions? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue5/10Unpopular Code Lyoko opinions? - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (5/10)
Energy::
Unpopular Code Lyoko opinions? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue4/12Unpopular Code Lyoko opinions? - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (4/12)
Experience::
Unpopular Code Lyoko opinions? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0/5Unpopular Code Lyoko opinions? - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/5)

Back to top Go down

Unpopular Code Lyoko opinions? - Page 3 Empty Re: Unpopular Code Lyoko opinions?

Post by Stella Luce 333 Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:05 pm

She’s right though…It doesn’t really explain why Franz wasn’t affected…Maybe it doesn’t apply to all adults, just ones who have done really bad things in their life?

Based on this theory, I wonder what would happen if a child, who has been in a bad situation (like abuse) & blames themselves, went to Lyoko? Would they still be innocent, or would they look different…?
Stella Luce 333
Stella Luce 333
Spectre
Spectre

Female Posts : 2637

Character Sheet
Unpopular Code Lyoko opinions? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue7/17Unpopular Code Lyoko opinions? - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (7/17)
Unpopular Code Lyoko opinions? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue3/3Unpopular Code Lyoko opinions? - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (3/3)
Unpopular Code Lyoko opinions? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0/0Unpopular Code Lyoko opinions? - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

http://www.fanfiction.net/~stellaluce333

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlas Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:21 pm

They would clearly become horrific monsters.

And Franz is sort of redeeming himself in his own eyes, so it sort of balances out. He probably had a lot of think to think about things.

...even if he probably should have given in to the madness and horror....
Atlas
Atlas
Admin (Atlas)
Admin (Atlas)

Character Sheet
Unpopular Code Lyoko opinions? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue5/10Unpopular Code Lyoko opinions? - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (5/10)
Unpopular Code Lyoko opinions? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue4/12Unpopular Code Lyoko opinions? - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (4/12)
Unpopular Code Lyoko opinions? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0/5Unpopular Code Lyoko opinions? - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/5)

Back to top Go down

Post by Umbra Animus Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:35 pm

ACCIDENTAL SUCCESS!!! I have started a conversation I never meant to! Anyways... I do really wonder why Franz took on that weird blob thing when he entered. Also, where is this book?
Umbra Animus
Umbra Animus
Megatank
Megatank

Male Posts : 342

Character Sheet
Unpopular Code Lyoko opinions? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue0/0Unpopular Code Lyoko opinions? - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Luce 333 Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:24 pm

They would clearly become horrific monsters.

But what if they start to realize that it really wasn’t their fault? Do you think their Lyoko form would be able to change?

Sadly, I think the books are only available in almost every country except the USA…
Stella Luce 333
Stella Luce 333
Spectre
Spectre

Character Sheet
Unpopular Code Lyoko opinions? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue7/17Unpopular Code Lyoko opinions? - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (7/17)
Unpopular Code Lyoko opinions? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue3/3Unpopular Code Lyoko opinions? - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (3/3)

Back to top Go down

Post by Umbra Animus Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:05 pm

That sucks! Also, yeah would it be possible to change your Lyoko Avatar? Hmmm... I have so many questions!
Umbra Animus
Umbra Animus
Megatank
Megatank

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by A_QueenOfFairys Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:13 pm

Umbra Animus wrote:Also, where is this book?
I think Stella means every language except English; they weren't published in English anywhere, it's not just the US that was excluded. I do have a link to the Spanish online version though, which can be read with a translator. I'll PM the links to you.

They don't quite match up with the original show's storyline, like they recount the prologue and ending and it's pretty different, and a lot darker overall. But they're still a good read nonetheless! once you get past the recounting and little plot development in the first book anyway
A_QueenOfFairys
A_QueenOfFairys
Spectre
Spectre

Female Posts : 2255

http://a-queenoffairys.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Umbra Animus Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:43 pm

THANK YOU! I am much obliged.
Umbra Animus
Umbra Animus
Megatank
Megatank

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlas Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:30 pm

Stella Luce 333 wrote:

But what if they start to realize that it really wasn’t their fault? Do you think their Lyoko form would be able to change?

Going by Lovecraftian conventions they would not be able to realize anything since the simple sight of their horrific forms would plunge their psyches into unrecoverable damage.

Assuming they could somehow recover some form of sanity, at the very least they would need to come out and go back in before there's any changes.
Atlas
Atlas
Admin (Atlas)
Admin (Atlas)

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Luce 333 Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:46 am

That’s exactly what I mean…What if the person, on Earth, starts to realize that it really isn’t their fault. Would their Lyoko form change (or change over time) when they go back to Lyoko?

Queen, I’d love to have a copy of the links too!
Stella Luce 333
Stella Luce 333
Spectre
Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Umbra Animus Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:15 pm

This is a very intriguing conversation. I do think that it would be possible to change one's avatar. Then again, whqt if the computer saves your avatar the first time you go in, if not that then it's ptobably possible.

Umbra Animus
Umbra Animus
Megatank
Megatank

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snickie Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:19 am

I'd like the links too, please. ;D
Snickie
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Female Posts : 3198

http://snickiedude@deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eseiprahs Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:57 pm

I do believe that OddxJeremie is an unpopular opinion because you never see it ANYWHERE.
eseiprahs
eseiprahs
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Female Posts : 5177

Character Sheet
Unpopular Code Lyoko opinions? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue18/18Unpopular Code Lyoko opinions? - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (18/18)
Unpopular Code Lyoko opinions? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue1/1Unpopular Code Lyoko opinions? - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3757556/eseiprahs1     http://eseipr

Back to top Go down

Post by Umbra Animus Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:40 pm

*Squeals in terror*
Umbra Animus
Umbra Animus
Megatank
Megatank

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by eseiprahs Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:45 pm

Hahaha I take it that it IS an unpopular opinion xD
eseiprahs
eseiprahs
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Character Sheet
Unpopular Code Lyoko opinions? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue18/18Unpopular Code Lyoko opinions? - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (18/18)
Unpopular Code Lyoko opinions? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue1/1Unpopular Code Lyoko opinions? - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlas Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:06 pm

I thought that the scanner did something via your subconscious mumbo-jumbo and that's how it configures it.

I don't know, the show doesn't really explain how it works. But if the subconscious changes, I would imagine the configuration changes too.

Probably only in chunks though, as its inefficient to reconfigure for every darn mood teenagers have >.>
Atlas
Atlas
Admin (Atlas)
Admin (Atlas)

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by eseiprahs Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:47 pm

Darn teenagers being so darn bipolar...
eseiprahs
eseiprahs
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Luce 333 Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:44 pm

I haven’t taken psychology, but isn’t your subconscious different from the part of your mind that determines your mood?
Stella Luce 333
Stella Luce 333
Spectre
Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by eseiprahs Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:53 pm

I'm not sure actualy...
eseiprahs
eseiprahs
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pastamancer Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:07 pm

The subconscious is a very important part of all of us. It regulates our dreams and our mannerisms.

Your mood can temporarily change your subconscious, and subconscious can change your mood, but the former is a lot more common than the later.
The Pastamancer
The Pastamancer
Megatank
Megatank

Male Posts : 280

Back to top Go down

Post by A_QueenOfFairys Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:44 pm

I think the subconscious known for mainly memories, which explains the whole scanner theory. It also controls your body, knows the languages you've learnt, decides when you need to eat, sleep, etc. and basically anything you're not consciously aware of. It also filters out anything your senses pick up that you don't need; you see and hear a lot more things than you register consciously.

So yeah, essentially everything except conscious thought. I'm guessing your mood can be influenced by your subconscious and memories and stuff, and part of it is the release of certain hormones that make you feel certain ways, which is done by the subconscious. Like adrenalin can make you excited or angry, blah blah.

This is all just cobbled together from various sources, not sure how accurate it is.
A_QueenOfFairys
A_QueenOfFairys
Spectre
Spectre

Female Posts : 2255

http://a-queenoffairys.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eseiprahs Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:16 pm

I do believe that an unpopular CL fic is a Vampire/CL mix.
eseiprahs
eseiprahs
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by cya6 Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:11 pm

I think thay might be interesting, essy.
cya6
cya6
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Female Posts : 3491

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by eseiprahs Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:04 pm

I've thought about writing one, but I feel like vampire fics have gotten less popular due to Twilight. I might try it though. I also have other ideas rolling around in my head though, one in particular something that no one has done yet.
eseiprahs
eseiprahs
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Umbra Animus Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:24 pm

Awhile ago I was looking up Code Lyoko fics on ff and one of the most popular stories was labeled "Supernatural Love" I read the description and it said that Ulrich was a Werewolf andd Yumi was a Vampire. As the name suggests it's a love story, I never planned on reading it, for one I don't really care for UxY (not that I hate it or support WxY) and the story really isn't what I like reading, I might give it a try now that you huys reminded me of it. I would suggest that if you have a good idea for a fic, write it, also what fic do you have in mind?
Umbra Animus
Umbra Animus
Megatank
Megatank

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next