Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.
Xana's Lair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unpopular Code Lyoko opinions?

+22
Dobermutt
Evil Jeremy
The Pastamancer
Umbra Animus
eseiprahs
SkystoneNumairian
RenaYumi
Snickie
LongHairedAelita
cya6
ArgentDandelion
SMARTAgentKC
Atlas
Lyokofelinae
AeonFrodo
MizuDunbar
A_QueenOfFairys
aelitaxwilliam
Soul Jelly
SeeMeInTheShadows
Stella Luce 333
Gocaclleta
26 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Unpopular Code Lyoko opinions? - Page 2 Empty Re: Unpopular Code Lyoko opinions?

Post by Atlas Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:42 am

Bad behavior is bad behavior, regardless of intentions.

I don't really get this apologist reasoning I hear from the pro-Sissi camp.
Atlas
Atlas
Admin (Atlas)
Admin (Atlas)

Male Posts : 5304

Character Sheet
Health::
Unpopular Code Lyoko opinions? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue5/10Unpopular Code Lyoko opinions? - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (5/10)
Energy::
Unpopular Code Lyoko opinions? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue4/12Unpopular Code Lyoko opinions? - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (4/12)
Experience::
Unpopular Code Lyoko opinions? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/5Unpopular Code Lyoko opinions? - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/5)

Back to top Go down

Unpopular Code Lyoko opinions? - Page 2 Empty Re: Unpopular Code Lyoko opinions?

Post by Gocaclleta Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:22 pm

Oh ya, I always was annoyed by Odd. He's probably my least favorite character.
Gocaclleta
Gocaclleta
Megatank
Megatank

Female Posts : 300

Character Sheet
Unpopular Code Lyoko opinions? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Unpopular Code Lyoko opinions? - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Unpopular Code Lyoko opinions? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/0Unpopular Code Lyoko opinions? - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

http://Gocaclleta.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cya6 Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:12 pm

Alright, I'll say it. I really really really really don't like Odd in so many situations.

Case in point. The idiot stays up all night playing video games (bad). Then, he decides 'naw, I'm too tired. Aelita, make up an excuse for me!' (worse) Then, Aelita actually goes along with it, and ends up in trouble (very much worse). THEN, instead of in anyway apologizing to Aelita for getting her in trouble when it was HIS fault from the start, he has the NERVE to get angry at her for not coming up with a good enough excuse.

Another. Aelita shows up with some gift. Jeremie, who everyone knows is in love with Aelita, gets worried about who sent it to her. He asks Odd. Now, Odd knows Jeremie likes Aelita. So what's Odd, (nice guy, good friend...) do? He diliberately goads Jeremie until JEremie snaps, and THEN everyone has the NERVE to make JEREMIE apologize!

Another. Bragging Rights. 'nuf said.

Also, he two times girls, steals embarrassing pictures of his friends (bad), sells it to the newspaper (worse), and blames it on his friend! (EVEN WORSE)

Also, he never cares about Ulrich needing to study, and refuses to ever turn off his music or be quiet when Ulrich's trying to study.

He really really doesn't care about anyone but himself.

Though, seriously, if anyone can debate this, I'd love to hear it. Because right now, I just really don't get Odd.

On the topic of Jeremie, I think you guys are being overly harsh. He's not controlling of Aelita. She's obviously the first girl he's been with, so he probably doesn't know how to really deal with girls. So, yeah, I can see that if someone kisses you, but then hangs out with someone else, you might be getting conflicting signals. I think it was obvious from the way they talk that they both like each other. And if Jeremie got the impression that she liked him, a lot, then he probably would be protective.

And, eh, you could say he's being selfish, turning on Lyoko to help Aelita. I'll give you that. But you do realize that there would be no story if he hadn't. And to be honest, he didn't do it to save himself. only to save Aelita. That's not technically selfish.
cya6
cya6
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Female Posts : 3491

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gocaclleta Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:26 pm

cya6 wrote:Alright, I'll say it. I really really really really don't like Odd in so many situations.

Case in point. The idiot stays up all night playing video games (bad). Then, he decides 'naw, I'm too tired. Aelita, make up an excuse for me!' (worse) Then, Aelita actually goes along with it, and ends up in trouble (very much worse). THEN, instead of in anyway apologizing to Aelita for getting her in trouble when it was HIS fault from the start, he has the NERVE to get angry at her for not coming up with a good enough excuse.

Another. Aelita shows up with some gift. Jeremie, who everyone knows is in love with Aelita, gets worried about who sent it to her. He asks Odd. Now, Odd knows Jeremie likes Aelita. So what's Odd, (nice guy, good friend...) do? He diliberately goads Jeremie until JEremie snaps, and THEN everyone has the NERVE to make JEREMIE apologize!

Another. Bragging Rights. 'nuf said.

Also, he two times girls, steals embarrassing pictures of his friends (bad), sells it to the newspaper (worse), and blames it on his friend! (EVEN WORSE)

Also, he never cares about Ulrich needing to study, and refuses to ever turn off his music or be quiet when Ulrich's trying to study.

He really really doesn't care about anyone but himself.

Though, seriously, if anyone can debate this, I'd love to hear it. Because right now, I just really don't get Odd.

On the topic of Jeremie, I think you guys are being overly harsh. He's not controlling of Aelita. She's obviously the first girl he's been with, so he probably doesn't know how to really deal with girls. So, yeah, I can see that if someone kisses you, but then hangs out with someone else, you might be getting conflicting signals. I think it was obvious from the way they talk that they both like each other. And if Jeremie got the impression that she liked him, a lot, then he probably would be protective.

And, eh, you could say he's being selfish, turning on Lyoko to help Aelita. I'll give you that. But you do realize that there would be no story if he hadn't. And to be honest, he didn't do it to save himself. only to save Aelita. That's not technically selfish.

THIS. OH MY GOD THIS.
Gocaclleta
Gocaclleta
Megatank
Megatank

Female Posts : 300

Character Sheet

http://Gocaclleta.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyokofelinae Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:57 pm

I really want to know how odd get so many girlfriends and getting break up easily.

I wish there a girl to reject his date offer
Lyokofelinae
Lyokofelinae
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Male Posts : 3043

Character Sheet
Unpopular Code Lyoko opinions? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue13/27Unpopular Code Lyoko opinions? - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (13/27)
Unpopular Code Lyoko opinions? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1/2Unpopular Code Lyoko opinions? - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/2)

http://lyokofelinae247.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by A_QueenOfFairys Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:50 pm

You asked for a debate, so here's my response. All the characters have their annoying points. But I understand that everyone has a bias for and against certain characters which makes you see only the good or bad points respectively. I'm like that with William, I just don't get why people love him so much. So for that reason, as much as I want to, I'm not going to counter your arguments. It never really gets anyone anywhere P:
So I disagree, but that's all I'll say on it.

And he has been rejected Felin, in The Key c: I forgot her name though.
A_QueenOfFairys
A_QueenOfFairys
Spectre
Spectre

Female Posts : 2255

http://a-queenoffairys.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AeonFrodo Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:40 pm

I also like to mention that Odd has also rejected an offer to date with Sam in Final Round, just to mention that he's not always jumping into dates with other girls, although, it was during a XANA attack on the core of Lyoko, and he was upset at Sam not informing him of Ulrich's message.
AeonFrodo
AeonFrodo
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Female Posts : 3780

Character Sheet
Unpopular Code Lyoko opinions? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue11/23Unpopular Code Lyoko opinions? - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (11/23)
Unpopular Code Lyoko opinions? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue2/4Unpopular Code Lyoko opinions? - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (2/4)

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlas Sat May 12, 2012 1:41 pm

I'd also like to add that I think it would have been awesome if the Lyoko Gang got Mr. Delmas in on their fight. Idk, I think it would be cool.
Atlas
Atlas
Admin (Atlas)
Admin (Atlas)

Character Sheet
Unpopular Code Lyoko opinions? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue5/10Unpopular Code Lyoko opinions? - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (5/10)
Unpopular Code Lyoko opinions? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue4/12Unpopular Code Lyoko opinions? - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (4/12)
Unpopular Code Lyoko opinions? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0/5Unpopular Code Lyoko opinions? - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/5)

Back to top Go down

Post by LongHairedAelita Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:23 am

Well, I admit:

When I first started watching the show, I liked Sissi.
I did my hair like her, believe it or not, and I dressed like her. (Without the exposed midriff though. Lol my school would have my life if I went like that.)

There was just something about Sissi that attracted me for some reason. (Not in that manor, folks. Lol. Y'all know what I mean.)

But yeah. xD But then later, I realized how much of a stuck-up A-hole she is and I stopped liking her, and Aelita became my new favorite character. Smile
LongHairedAelita
LongHairedAelita
Scorpion
Scorpion

Female Posts : 1355

Character Sheet

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2696154/LongHairedAelita

Back to top Go down

Post by Snickie Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:32 am

I have a hard time imagining Ulrich being friends with Aelita. I don't even know why. I can imagine him being friends with everyone in the original group EXCEPT Aelita. It's not like I think he's mean to her; it's just...er... I don't really know how to describe it, really. More like acquaintances, I guess. I mean, obviously he goes out of his way to help her out on Lyoko and stuff,....

Ulrich is strange. But I still love him just as much as the other LW's.
Snickie
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Female Posts : 3198

http://snickiedude@deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Jelly Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:10 am

^I agree with you there Snickie. I mean, obviously they are friends but out of the whole group as individuals they seem to have the least common ground.
Soul Jelly
Soul Jelly
Scyphozoa
Scyphozoa

Back to top Go down

Post by LongHairedAelita Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:17 am

Yeah, I agree. Idk, Ulrich is just very chill it seems.
LongHairedAelita
LongHairedAelita
Scorpion
Scorpion

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by RenaYumi Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:25 am

I like how it's like "Unpopular Opinion" but we all agree.
RenaYumi
RenaYumi
Rekin
Rekin

Female Posts : 137

Back to top Go down

Post by LongHairedAelita Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:43 am

Unpopular in this case basically means it's secretive or something that you think might be frowned upon. Smile Just thought I'd put that out there.
LongHairedAelita
LongHairedAelita
Scorpion
Scorpion

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeMeInTheShadows Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:46 am

I hate the voice actors. They just irritate me to no end.
SeeMeInTheShadows
SeeMeInTheShadows
Mistress of Butterflies
Mistress of Butterflies

Female Posts : 4157

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1664845/

Back to top Go down

Post by SkystoneNumairian Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:05 pm

I love Nicholas Poliakoff.

Man, that felt good to get out.
SkystoneNumairian
SkystoneNumairian
Creeper
Creeper

Female Posts : 72

Back to top Go down

Post by LongHairedAelita Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:07 pm

Okay, I'm just gonna come right out and say this.

I used to ship Odd x Aelita, believe it or not.
I'm not so sure what made me change my mind though. I guess it was because I thought it over and the more that I looked at Jeremie x Aelita, it seemed more romantic and convenient.

But now, I'm a pure JxA worshipper. Screw OxA.
LongHairedAelita
LongHairedAelita
Scorpion
Scorpion

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by eseiprahs Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:29 am

This right here is probably an unpopular opinion: There were times when I thought Odd was too goofy and not serious enough. I also didn't like his outfits once I got older.
eseiprahs
eseiprahs
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Female Posts : 5177

Character Sheet
Unpopular Code Lyoko opinions? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue18/18Unpopular Code Lyoko opinions? - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (18/18)
Unpopular Code Lyoko opinions? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1/1Unpopular Code Lyoko opinions? - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3757556/eseiprahs1     http://eseipr

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlas Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:58 am

I don't understand how Ulrich is one of the most popular kids at Kadic.
Atlas
Atlas
Admin (Atlas)
Admin (Atlas)

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Umbra Animus Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:16 pm

Atlas wrote:I don't understand how Ulrich is one of the most popular kids at Kadic.

Most likely because he is the star of the school soccer team, even though it only hints that a few times. (See Zero Gravity Zone)

Also about your earlier comment about Mr. Delmas entering Lyoko, my friend and I (no he is not on this forum) have deiced that it is impossible for adults to enter Lyoko. Think of Franz Hopper, he told Aelita that he couldn't take on a virtual avatar yet, and I don't think that was unique to him. Also the bodies of children are much easier to manipulate because they are still developing. That's what I think, anyways.
Umbra Animus
Umbra Animus
Megatank
Megatank

Male Posts : 342

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by eseiprahs Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:11 pm

This isn't necessarily an unpopular question because people don't like it, it's probably just unpopular because not many people have thought of it, but:

Why does Kadic not have a football team?
eseiprahs
eseiprahs
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Female Posts : 5177

Character Sheet
Unpopular Code Lyoko opinions? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue18/18Unpopular Code Lyoko opinions? - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (18/18)
Unpopular Code Lyoko opinions? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1/1Unpopular Code Lyoko opinions? - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3757556/eseiprahs1     http://eseipr

Back to top Go down

Post by A_QueenOfFairys Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:07 pm

Does Kadic even have any teams at all since season 1?

In the novels it was explained why adults couldn't enter Lyoko. Not exactly canon and I don't see how it works with Franz' virtual form, but it's an interesting theory.

The bad guys captured the factory and tried to send soldiers in to obtain something (spoilers yo) but they all ended up being these hideous monster things. The same thing was said to happen to Franz' coworkers when he was developing the supercomputer. It was said this was because adults had done many regrettable things in their lifetimes, and they're mature enough to realise what the effect of those things is. It's like a weight on their shoulders and it makes them feel disgusting subconsciously, and that transfers over to Lyoko.
Children however are innocent and not as mature, so they either haven't had the opportunity to do something as horrid as the adults have or aren't mature enough to let it get to them. And so Franz only let Aelita go to Lyoko, and put an 18-or-under age restriction on the scanners. Just a plaque though on a prototype that's not in the factory, there's no programming to prevent adults from going in.
Oh, and after discovering how hideous the adults (soldiers, mind you, part of a terrorist group) became on Lyoko, they all went into shock and were unable to do anything because the effects of what they'd done came crashing down on them suddenly. I think they just stood there, looked at their hideous bodies and screamed, not doing anything until they were brought back out.

So yeah...kind of a gruesome theory and not totally canon, but it makes a lot of sense.
A_QueenOfFairys
A_QueenOfFairys
Spectre
Spectre

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pastamancer Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:18 am

I'm pretty sure that the reason they don't have a football team is the fact that football is an american sport. In many countries it's called american football. Thus it isn't such a big deal in Kadic since it's in France.
The Pastamancer
The Pastamancer
Megatank
Megatank

Male Posts : 280

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Luce 333 Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:17 pm

Soccer is called football in most European countries…

Maybe they have them, but we don’t see them because they aren’t relevant? It’s not like Ulrick has a lot of free time…
Stella Luce 333
Stella Luce 333
Spectre
Spectre

Female Posts : 2637

Character Sheet
Unpopular Code Lyoko opinions? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue7/17Unpopular Code Lyoko opinions? - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (7/17)
Unpopular Code Lyoko opinions? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue3/3Unpopular Code Lyoko opinions? - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (3/3)

http://www.fanfiction.net/~stellaluce333

Back to top Go down

Post by A_QueenOfFairys Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:44 pm

In the French version they call it 'foot,' which is short for football. I think they do have the word soccer but it's not commonly used. I'm guessing soccer is more common in France, and that every school having a football team is a more American thing, but I don't know.
A_QueenOfFairys
A_QueenOfFairys
Spectre
Spectre

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next