Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.
Xana's Lair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CLE Episode 11: Rendezvous

4 posters

Go down

CLE Episode 11: Rendezvous Empty CLE Episode 11: Rendezvous

Post by Snickie Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:02 pm

Finally got around to watching it.

I love this episode. I really do. It combined the Laura and SourceCode arcs quite well and also provided a peek into Aelita's desire for family. The way she ran back to her mother after Jeremie had saved her the first time, and then dat look when spectre mom disappeared in her arms. Aelita's face was like that of someone who's just been told their child has two weeks to live—complete devastation in knowing that not only did XANA use her desires to fool her, but also that even though spectre!mom was evil it was still the only semblance Aelita had seen of her since the day she was taken years ago.

Laura's performance was fantastic as well. We got to see confident!Laura (did you see her face when Jeremie asked her to run the supercomputer in his absence?), concerned!Laura (I know plenty of girls who, when the competition of who you're talking to is involved, would've conveniently neglected to mention that Aelita had gotten some scam email requesting a rendezvous by herself in some remote location), and jealous!Laura. I especially enjoyed the end; she'd done all that work to save Aelita, and afterwards everyone was worrying over Aelita and no one was really acknowledging Laura. She's jealous of the attention, of course, and she knows next to nothing of Aelita's past that we know of. So she leaves them be, with a bit of a hurt expression that just made me adfghaj no. And that last bit where Aelita follows her down to the sewers just to say thank you. And Laura's reaction is perfect. Still pained, but forgiveness and just the right amount of wistfulness.

I hope we get to learn more about Laura's past life.

Two things I had a problem with:
1. ...Where on Earth were they? What's the significance of the church other than to add an air of sacredity and spirituality?
2. Why is Aelita's mom's hair blonde and not pink? ANTEA HAS PINK HAIR OKAY.

-cough-

So. Comments?
Snickie
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Female Posts : 3198

http://snickiedude@deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

CLE Episode 11: Rendezvous Empty Re: CLE Episode 11: Rendezvous

Post by LovelyMadness13 Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:55 pm

OMG AELITA!!! Was anybody else yelling at the screen at her when she just ran back to evil-mommy?! I mean, XANA's done this trick with her parents before, dangit...And then when Jeremie goes all heroic (which made me go AWWWWWWWWWWW!!! ^^) and tries to save her, she get's all grumpy at him.
Granted....Aelita did appoligze to him...and actually thanked Laura. I'm proud of her for that.
And yeah, Snickie...I'z agree with you. Mom's hair should be PINK, dang it...
That whole scene with her in the church lit from behind? That creeped me out, reminded me too much of Silent HIll 3 for some reason XD
LovelyMadness13
LovelyMadness13
Tarantula
Tarantula

Female Posts : 799

Character Sheet
Health::
CLE Episode 11: Rendezvous Left_bar_bleue0/0CLE Episode 11: Rendezvous Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Energy::
CLE Episode 11: Rendezvous Left_bar_bleue0/0CLE Episode 11: Rendezvous Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Experience::

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Luce 333 Thu May 09, 2013 8:29 am

Why is Aelita's mom's hair blonde and not pink? ANTEA HAS PINK HAIR OKAY.
I agree, especially since they made certain that Alita’s hair was pink…but I did notice something when I watched the episode. Lara has green eyes.

I’m probably reading too much into this, but maybe they gave her mom blond hair because Alita & Lara are somehow related (Based off things I’ve heard, Franz isn’t Lara’s father, but maybe she & Alita are step sisters? Cousins?)…?
Stella Luce 333
Stella Luce 333
Spectre
Spectre

Female Posts : 2637

Character Sheet
CLE Episode 11: Rendezvous Left_bar_bleue7/17CLE Episode 11: Rendezvous Empty_bar_bleue  (7/17)
CLE Episode 11: Rendezvous Left_bar_bleue3/3CLE Episode 11: Rendezvous Empty_bar_bleue  (3/3)

http://www.fanfiction.net/~stellaluce333

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Raku Thu May 09, 2013 10:25 am

Stella Luce 333 wrote:i]I’m probably reading too much into this, but maybe they gave her mom blond hair because Alita & Lara are somehow related (Based off things I’ve heard, Franz isn’t Lara’s father, but maybe she & Alita are step sisters? Cousins?)…?

There is no possible way you are reading into as much as I am now that you've said that. As it is though, I doubt it. Aelita's mom before now. Why would they dye or change the hair colour to something that, even if normal in the universe, would certainly be more noticeable. And, considering Aelita lived a time without memory, if she'd actually been a blonde she would know by now. Dye runs out after a while. Unless it was caused by something else to make it stick but in that case her mom would still have pink hair too.

Also, Aelita is an idiot this episode. That is all.

Dark Raku
Blok
Blok

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snickie Fri May 10, 2013 4:56 am

No, Aelita and Laura can't be directly related. We learned in episode 12 how Laura's father is Jerome Mouscedat whatshisface and not whoever they got to play Franz Hopper. And again the comment about Aelita's and Antea's pink hair originally. If Antea were blonde like Laura to begin with, then Aelita would be blonde too.

However, that does not eliminate the possibility that Mr. Gauthier and Mr. Schaeffer are related somehow, or that Antea has a sister that looks much like her except for hair color, or some other relativity thing.

Aelita was stupid in this episode. But I still liked it for some reason.
Snickie
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Raku Fri May 10, 2013 5:04 am

Snickie wrote:And again the comment about Aelita's and Antea's pink hair originally. If Antea were blonde like Laura to begin with, then Aelita would be blonde too.

Based on Episode, was it 18?, I think she might be.

CONSISTANCY!

Dark Raku
Blok
Blok

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snickie Fri May 10, 2013 5:06 am

You're talking about the latest episode where she wears too much makeup and her eyebrows look painted on, or...?
Snickie
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Raku Fri May 10, 2013 5:09 am

Snickie wrote:You're talking about the latest episode where she wears too much makeup and her eyebrows look painted on, or...?

Yes, that would be the one.

Dark Raku
Blok
Blok

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Luce 333 Fri May 10, 2013 7:40 am

Sorry guys, I haven’t seen Episode 18 yet…

Dye will run out after a while, but you can always touch it up. That’s my other theory: Maybe she dyed it blond if/when she went on the run (assuming she escaped her kidnappers)? I mean, it’s probably hard to blend in when you have bright pink hair…
Stella Luce 333
Stella Luce 333
Spectre
Spectre

Female Posts : 2637

Character Sheet
CLE Episode 11: Rendezvous Left_bar_bleue7/17CLE Episode 11: Rendezvous Empty_bar_bleue  (7/17)
CLE Episode 11: Rendezvous Left_bar_bleue3/3CLE Episode 11: Rendezvous Empty_bar_bleue  (3/3)

http://www.fanfiction.net/~stellaluce333

Back to top Go down

Post by Snickie Fri May 10, 2013 2:37 pm

Dark Raku wrote:
Snickie wrote:You're talking about the latest episode where she wears too much makeup and her eyebrows look painted on, or...?

Yes, that would be the one.
I'm convinced that was just bad makeup artistry that day.
Snickie
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down