Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.
Xana's Lair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which Characters do you Pity?

+13
X. Jacob
QuinSeparable
Neron646
Koneko on lyoko
Soul Jelly
Lyokofelinae
aelitaxwilliam
Stella Luce 333
Adventurer411
cya6
SMARTAgentKC
Atlas
ArgentDandelion
17 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Which Characters do you Pity? Empty Which Characters do you Pity?

Post by ArgentDandelion Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:17 pm

I pity Herb. His severe acne is almost a permanent facial feature. He's in love with a pretty girl that is spoiled, selfish, incapable of sympathy, manipulative, insulting and not at all interested in him---she does not even like him. His only (apparent) friend, Nicholas, is a student with an unintelligent-sounding voice or speech impediment, an also unintelligent-looking apish face, and a vacant look in his eyes Nicholas is probably just as desperate for friends (yet too repulsive or inexperienced to make any) as Herb is. Herb is smart, nearly as smart as Jeremie, but lacks Jeremie's social skills, acceptance, and circumstance, and thus has no choice but to associate with someone not his intellectual equal. (Nicholas is great at playing the drums, but what do we know of his math and science skills?) In the Season 1 episode The Robots, Jeremie "cheated" by having prior knowledge of Herb's sneaky tactics through a Return to the Past, thus earning Herb not praise but scorn from Sissi.
ArgentDandelion
ArgentDandelion
Hornet
Hornet

Back to top Go down

Which Characters do you Pity? Empty Re: Which Characters do you Pity?

Post by Atlas Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:30 pm

The definition of pity is to feel feelings, particularly of sadness or sorrow, towards another.

You've basically listened every single reason there is to NOT pity Herve(Herb? idk). He's had chances, yet squanders them in every way. So no, I don't feel any pity for Herve. But this is just my opinion, of course.

Anyway, if I must pity anyone it would probably be the most obvious Aelita. A lot of tough breaks for her, and she deals with it pretty well all in all.
Atlas
Atlas
Admin (Atlas)
Admin (Atlas)

Male Posts : 5304

Character Sheet
Health::
Which Characters do you Pity? Left_bar_bleue5/10Which Characters do you Pity? Empty_bar_bleue  (5/10)
Energy::
Which Characters do you Pity? Left_bar_bleue4/12Which Characters do you Pity? Empty_bar_bleue  (4/12)
Experience::
Which Characters do you Pity? Left_bar_bleue0/5Which Characters do you Pity? Empty_bar_bleue  (0/5)

Back to top Go down

Post by SMARTAgentKC Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:26 am

I pity William, Hey the guy made one lousy mistake by not listening to people and now it's going to haunt him for the rest of the time.
SMARTAgentKC
SMARTAgentKC
Tarantula
Tarantula

Male Posts : 542

Character Sheet
Which Characters do you Pity? Left_bar_bleue0/0Which Characters do you Pity? Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Which Characters do you Pity? Left_bar_bleue0/0Which Characters do you Pity? Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post by cya6 Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:14 pm

I pity Sissi. She's only ever crushed on Ulrich, and probably hoped that he would someday like her back. Instead, all these people come from seemingly nowhere and suddenly their best friends.

I think that was partly what drove her to start being so mean. All she really wanted were friends, but when the one guy she likes more than anything consistently shuns her and insults her, her nastly responses are a little more understandable. And they're really kinda hypocritical. I mean, Odd's hardly a genius, and neither is Ulrich, but people always attack Sissi for being stupid. Like, Odd attacks her for being shallow and stupid, but, I mean, really? Odd?

Just feel bad for her.

Coming from a girl with no friends, and who has hopelessly crushed on guys before who haven't ever given me the time of day.

Last edited by AeonFrodo on Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Merging posts because it's pretty unnessacary to double post here)
cya6
cya6
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Female Posts : 3491

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlas Sat May 12, 2012 1:51 pm

If anybody I pity both Yumi and Ulrich.

Yumi because she finds herself stuck in a difficult scenario. (well, for her) and doesn't really have any guidance.

And Ulrich because thanks to Yumi he's totally lost and is trying to find out where he stands. That and Sissi I suppose.
Atlas
Atlas
Admin (Atlas)
Admin (Atlas)

Character Sheet
Which Characters do you Pity? Left_bar_bleue5/10Which Characters do you Pity? Empty_bar_bleue  (5/10)
Which Characters do you Pity? Left_bar_bleue4/12Which Characters do you Pity? Empty_bar_bleue  (4/12)
Which Characters do you Pity? Left_bar_bleue0/5Which Characters do you Pity? Empty_bar_bleue  (0/5)

Back to top Go down

Post by Adventurer411 Fri May 18, 2012 4:04 pm

I guess I kind of pity Sissi too. Not a whole lot, as Ulrich would probably be a bit nicer if she were nicer too.

I pity Aelita a little, with her parents gone and all. But she has Jeremy, and her friends are always there for her, so it's not all bad.

I guess I pity Ulrich the most. His dad isn't very pleasant, and you can tell how he has to **** up his pride to rely on someone else. And the way Yumi and Sissi effect him doesn't seem to do any good. Honestly, my only regret of shipping YxW is that Ulrich would be heartbroken, even though Yumi and Ulrich fight too much. (That's my opinion)
Adventurer411
Adventurer411
Judge
Judge

Female Posts : 1150

Character Sheet
Which Characters do you Pity? Left_bar_bleue20/20Which Characters do you Pity? Empty_bar_bleue  (20/20)
Which Characters do you Pity? Left_bar_bleue3/3Which Characters do you Pity? Empty_bar_bleue  (3/3)

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Luce 333 Mon May 21, 2012 6:51 am

I feel bad for Alita at the end of Fight to the Finsh. It's sad enogh that her fathr had to sacrfce himslf, but to have to be the one to sacrfce him...
Stella Luce 333
Stella Luce 333
Spectre
Spectre

Female Posts : 2637

Character Sheet
Which Characters do you Pity? Left_bar_bleue7/17Which Characters do you Pity? Empty_bar_bleue  (7/17)
Which Characters do you Pity? Left_bar_bleue3/3Which Characters do you Pity? Empty_bar_bleue  (3/3)

http://www.fanfiction.net/~stellaluce333

Back to top Go down

Post by aelitaxwilliam Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:46 am

At times, I pity Ulrich because of his stern father.

Aelita is also a good candidate, because, I mean, she didn't ask for anyone to lock her up in Lyoko for however many years. She didn't ask to be the target of XANA. Like Atlas said, she handles it pretty well too.
aelitaxwilliam
aelitaxwilliam
Moderator (Desert Sector)
Moderator (Desert Sector)

Female Posts : 4579

Character Sheet
Which Characters do you Pity? Left_bar_bleue14/18Which Characters do you Pity? Empty_bar_bleue  (14/18)
Which Characters do you Pity? Left_bar_bleue4/5Which Characters do you Pity? Empty_bar_bleue  (4/5)

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlas Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:00 pm

I pity Ulrich's father because he has to deal with his constant disappointment of a son.

Even I would lose some patience with that kid.
Atlas
Atlas
Admin (Atlas)
Admin (Atlas)

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:13 pm

I pity Kiwi, Waldo, Xana and William.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lyokofelinae Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:23 am

I pity Sissi, all she wanted is to become accepted.
Lyokofelinae
Lyokofelinae
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Male Posts : 3043

Character Sheet
Which Characters do you Pity? Left_bar_bleue13/27Which Characters do you Pity? Empty_bar_bleue  (13/27)
Which Characters do you Pity? Left_bar_bleue1/2Which Characters do you Pity? Empty_bar_bleue  (1/2)

http://lyokofelinae247.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Jelly Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:48 am

Atlas501 wrote:I pity Ulrich's father because he has to deal with his constant disappointment of a son.

Even I would lose some patience with that kid.

I just saw a gif of that scene where they argue in Delmas' office, and if you didn't know about Lyoko then Ulrich really does sound like an ungrateful brat.
Soul Jelly
Soul Jelly
Scyphozoa
Scyphozoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Koneko on lyoko Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:54 am

I have to say I've felt pity for almost all of the characters at some point since different episodes have different focuses. Though I do pity Sissi, I know that her personality isn't the most likeable, but every show has a character like that and you start to see just how lonely she is in a way and how in her own way she does try to be accepted by them.
Koneko on lyoko
Koneko on lyoko
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Female Posts : 3243

Character Sheet
Which Characters do you Pity? Left_bar_bleue19/19Which Characters do you Pity? Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
Which Characters do you Pity? Left_bar_bleue1/1Which Characters do you Pity? Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

http://kageyamas-hinata.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Neron646 Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:08 pm

This is really a hard question being that I don't have pity for anyone except for Aeilita, because everyone else has an overdose of First world problems.

Jeremy: No problems.

Odd: Oh noes, I'm super rich and bathing in bitches what a shameeee.

Yumi/Ulrich: Oh no, we love each other but, were so busy beating around the bush and not accomplishing shit that we can tell it to each other.

Sissi: what a shame this one 1-dimensional guy won't go out with me even though I go to a school with 600 students.

William: Why won't the lyoko warriors let me gwt myself killed why do they have to protect me.

As for Aeilita- She had her mother taken away from her at a young age, had her fatherdie RIGHT IN FRONT OF HER, doesn't have any family other than Odd he is a fake cousin. And finally feels she owes herself to some control hungry DOUCHEBAG who saved her life.

AS FOR YOU VENA. you pity that dirt bag more cause his Dad is mean to him.

AEILITA HAS NO DAD. I'm sorry but you obviously don't know what it's like to lose a parent and trust me sister it's hard REAL HARD.

Ps.I'm just pissed that you guys are wining about some high school kids with stupid ass problems. Just give me a minute to cry myself to sleep tonight.

Neron646
Kankrelat
Kankrelat

Back to top Go down

Post by cya6 Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:21 pm

Hey, Vena could pity anyone she wants for any reason she wants so long as it makes sense to her
it doesn't reflect on anything
cya6
cya6
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by QuinSeparable Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:02 pm

Erm, I'm going to have to disagree with most of what Neron there is saying. First of all, saying that these kids have no problem is completely and utterly FALSE. EVERYONE HAS PROBLEMS. And what's more, family problems does NOT constitute first world problems.

Jeremie: Okay, as far as we know he doesn't have family problems. However, he does seem to have problems making friends and being that I can sympathize with that. And he stresses himself out a lot.

Odd: His family couldn't give a crap about him really. Sure they seem uber supportive and whatnot but face it, he gets ignored. And as far as we know his sisters don't get punished when they're mean to him.

Yumi: Her parents are infamous for fighting. That or not listening. And, we can assume that they are immigrants into France (I remember Odd making a comment about Ulrich marrying her so that she can get a green card and that same episode Yumi mentioned "going back" to Japan). Moving to a new country CANNOT be easy with no additional family or friends there.

Ulrich: His father is verbally abusive (and judging at his mother's reluctance to get involved I would venture to say he's probably physically abusive as well). Yes. I can definitely pity that.

Sissi: Her mother is gone. Did she die? Were her parents divorced? Did her mom just up and leave? Who knows but none of those are easy to deal with at her age. And what's more, she does try to be friends but it seems that she doesn't know how.

William: From the one time we've seen his parents, it may seem like he's got a nice life, but I doubt that considering how much he apparently acted out at his old school. What's more, the people he thought were his friends turned their backs on him for months after he was freed. The abandoned him. Not sure if you've ever been abandoned by people you thought were friends but it's not fun.

Aelita: Yes you're right. Her mother was taken from her and her father (as far as we can assume now) was killed.

I too know what it's like to have your father die on you and you're right, it isn't easy. But that doesn't negate the other children's sufferings. Parents continually fighting? That's not fun. Having no mother? Not good either. Abusive parent? DEFINITELY not good. Being ignored by your parents? Probably not fun either.

Point being, you can't say that one set of circumstances are worse than another. Yes, a parent's death when the child is young (I was 12 when I lost my dad) is traumatizing. But can you honestly say that living with an abusive parent is better? I've been in an abusive relationship and it was terrifying.

And also, each and every character can be pitied at one point of time or another because each circumstance is different and can be pretty bad. You can't negate someone's experience because you feel you've had it worse. Someone ALWAYS has it worse.

And to me, though these are animated characters on a TV show with no actual life to them, out there is someone who is in a similar boat as they are. Saying that their experiences "don't count" or that they are "first world problems" is negating everything that those people have had to go through. No one's lives are perfect and these characters show that completely.

(Sorry if that seemed ranty, it's just I don't like seeing people negate other's experiences because they think they've cornered the market on suffering.)
QuinSeparable
QuinSeparable
Manta
Manta

Female Posts : 195

Character Sheet

http://inthedarkcornersofmymind.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by cya6 Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:17 pm

I think neron may have some issues going on? I don't know, he seemed down, but then again, he's prone to being unpredictable.
Don't take it personally. It's just neron being neron
cya6
cya6
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by X. Jacob Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:54 pm

Aelita. Good, God almighty, I pity that girl. If there was anyone I would just sit there and hold while they cried their eyes out, it'd be her, and I'm NOT (Let me repeat NOT for the idiots here) saying that because I'm in love with her, because I'm (kinda) NOT.

Let's review the facts, kids!

Alright, first off, her mother gets taken away by the Men in Black (Damn you, Will Smith, Damn you.) And she's never seen and/or heard from again.

Then they decide to come back for her and her father, (Again, Damn you, Will Smith.) And so he decides to take her to a virtual world, with a possibly (Certainly, now) Homicidal Computer Program, and basically, her father has to kill both of them (I count falling into the Digital Sea and eternal virtualization to be a form of death) just so he can get rid of a program.

Then Mr. I'm-going-to-turn-this-thing-back-on-even-though-I-might-regret-it decides to come along, and start it back up. So sure, Aelita get's revived and all that, and yadda-yadda, blah blah blah, Jeremie explains her existence, gives her a (Sorta) cool name, and then he FAILS to mention until the VERY END that she's living with an evil computer program.

So then when Aelita finally DOES get back onto Earth, she can't remember anything, and so, (To add insult to injury) XANA makes this Droideka-thing (Star Wars reference to Tarantulas.) and another flying bug, and these really creepy dudes, and this HUGE F#%*ING JELLYFISH. Then the Jellyfish takes Aelita, and then does this wierd Tentacle Head-rape thing, to TAKE THE MEMORIES that she CAN"T REMEMBER! And when it finally does, she DIES.

Then her father sacrifices himself to bring her back to life, and it's a done deal with him. But, NOOOOO, He's got to STILL be alive, taunting her with the hope that she can bring him back, and of course, Mr. Short, Blonde and Glasses is so bada** that he won't even give a crap about him, and tells her to "Focus on the future, forget the past." And that just makes her even more sad.

And so, they FINALLY manage to Locate Aelita's father, and they FINALLY have the software to bring him back to Earth, but XANA decided to just be that little pr*ck that NOBODY FREAKING LIKES, and takes control of the dude with the huge sword, so JUST WHEN they're about to save Aelita's father, Lyoko gets destroyed, KILLING HER FATHER AGAIN!

But, NOOOOOO. He's STILL ALIVE (Takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin', that's what I'm saying.) And so they make a cool looking Submarine, IN HIS HONOR (I would put Aelita's quote here, but.....ah, to hell with it. "For you, Daddy" ~Aelita) To search the Digital Sea for her father. So, they go through all that mess, and then at the very end, RIGHT before they kill of XANA, her father actually DIES. Just goes *boom*. Right in front of her. So after ALL THE HELL HE SURVIVED, he dies from a freaking FLYING BUG. (Oh, the Humanity.) And so, they reminisc and all that, and then they shut down to computer, and live happily ever after.

Yet, Aelita went through all this crap, and never just once laid there and cried it ALL out, while someone held her and comforted her. I would be that one person who did that for her.

So, peoples, I thank you for listening to my very long (And probably Boring as Hell) speech. I thank you again, and have a nice night.

There, I think I've made my point.
X. Jacob
X. Jacob
Insekt
Insekt

Male Posts : 81

Back to top Go down

Post by Umbra Animus Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:37 pm

cya6 wrote:I think neron may have some issues going on? I don't know, he seemed down, but then again, he's prone to being unpredictable.
Don't take it personally. It's just neron being neron
This is off topic, but how do you know Neron?
Umbra Animus
Umbra Animus
Megatank
Megatank

Male Posts : 342

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by X. Jacob Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:02 pm

........Ah, what the hell, I'll go for it.

Who Dat??
X. Jacob
X. Jacob
Insekt
Insekt

Male Posts : 81

Back to top Go down

Post by cya6 Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:13 pm

Eeh, I don't really. I've talked to him a bit on fanfic, we'd read each other's stories, review on them, PM each other a bunch.
Last I heard from him, there was a ton of crazy stuff going on, and then he disappeared.
cya6
cya6
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Snickie Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:02 pm

He's nothing short of a Cya fanboy, from what I've seen of him.

So, I notice that when we name characters we pity we tend to name the kids. But what about the adults and staff? Shouldn't we pity Jim since up until his 20 years at Kadic he was a bit of a failure at life who couldn't hold down a decent job? Or Mr. Delmas, for having to wonder why his valedictorian is slacking off while his friends all go downhill academically. Or even Ulrich's dad since, for all he knows, Ulrich's just being a stubborn brat and is only defaming the family name in regards to his achievements (or lack thereof).
Snickie
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Female Posts : 3198

http://snickiedude@deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by QuinSeparable Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:13 pm

I can't say that I feel pity for Jim because I've always seen him as doing something that he really loves. Yeah he's gone through many jobs, but he's stuck with Kadic because, I feel, he enjoys being there for the kids.

Though you do make a good point about Mr. Delmas. It can't be easy seeing the star pupil not doing as well or knowing that he and his group of friends are involved with something that's causing their grades to slip. Also, I'd like to know what happened between him and Sissi's mother and why she's no longer in the picture.

And, as far as Ulrich's dad...he can go to hell for all I care. He's an abusive and manipulative jerkward and I feel no pity for him
QuinSeparable
QuinSeparable
Manta
Manta

Female Posts : 195

Character Sheet

http://inthedarkcornersofmymind.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlas Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:03 pm

Just looking at the last few points I actually side with Neron more than I do with Quin. Mostly because I think Quin makes a lot of suppositions.

Aelita: Legit. We all agree on this.

Jeremy: I agree with Neron almost entirely. The dude has some serious mental issues, but that doesn't mean I pity him.

Odd: He's part of a large family and his beef seems to be that his parents seem insincere and his siblings are jerks to him sometimes. I can live with that.

Ulrich: Problem less with the boy and more with the dad. See, the dad wants the best out of him. While this is a noble goal, it's ultimately fruitless since Ulrich isn't fit to squeegee the windows of the school let alone attend Harvard. Mr. Stern needs to cut his losses and disown this kid before he really starts to make an embarrassment of himself.

As for his love life, my only prescription is a dose of Cowboy UpTM to be taken twice a day for the next six weeks. I don't really pity him. He's just a source of constant disappointment.

Yumi: Her parents are doing this weird 'will they- won't they' routine not unlike her and Ulrich. Maybe it runs in the family? Anyway, unfortunately this kind of thing has started to become par for the course.

As for her love life the I'll prescribe some Cowgirl UpTM once a day for three months. She needs to make some form of decision even if it's just saying she's not doing anything with the both of them for a while.

William: Hard to pity a guy who just makes dumb decisions.

Atlas
Atlas
Admin (Atlas)
Admin (Atlas)

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by cya6 Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:08 pm

eeeh. I mean, I pity all the kids because they've got this whole 'world on their shoulder' thing going on.
On top of that, everything else really hits hard. Aelita and Jeremie I feel bad for most, Aelita because (see above) Jeremie only because his job can only be done by him. All the other's are replaceable to an extent.

But saying 'Ulrich's near abusive family shouldn't be a source of pity because Aelita's whole life has been ruined' is silly. Obviously, in comparison to her wretched life, no one can be pitied. I didn't think that was the point of this page.
cya6
cya6
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next