Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.
Xana's Lair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The New Arena status

4 posters

Go down

The New Arena status Empty The New Arena status

Post by Atlas Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:55 pm

So I've been promising the new Arena for quite a while now. Just letting you know some of the behind the scenes stuff that went into it and what still needs to be done for it to all go.

The topic in particular I want to cover right now is about character sheets and how they'll work.

At the moment, you have to write up a character sheet with all the information I'll need in the Characters section. To do that, you need to visit the How to Create a Character thread and go from there and to even understand all the terms for those less familiar with these kinds of games you still need to visit the Index are read up on it which has gotten out of date to begin with!

Ahhhhhhhh what a pain.

So I've been making it much simpler.

Those of you who have been on the site a couple years back remember the "You as a Lyoko Warrior" tab in your profiles? Well, it's coming back only we call it your "Character Status" tab instead.

To do this, on the index or click on your name and head to the "Character Status" tab.

You should end up with something like this:
The New Arena status 2ccxope

Still kind of ugly looking, but it'll fix itself soon.

What this tab is really nice for is:

1)It's much more accessible for the GMs such as myself to get to your character page since it takes a lot less clicks from your mission post.

2)The Character Sheet is already pre-formatted so you don't need to fuss about it. you just need to type in the values and good to go.

3)It's stored in your personal profile instead of taking up space in the Arena as a branch in the category.

4)The GM can easily modify the proper field much quicker and has access to relevant info much faster.

5)The bar graphics under your name are infinitely quicker and easier to update.

So overall it's very nice.

I've toyed around with some old versions of this tab and updated it to the proper version and ended up with something like this:
The New Arena status 10msc5i
The New Arena status V6izgy

Doing better, but it all is on the right side and that left a lot of valuable real estate on the left side.

So one more time, balancing the fields to make it fairly even and we ended with this final product:
The New Arena status 20u2550
The New Arena status 23svxfl

Which is pretty nice for all purposes if I do say so myself.

However, there is one point I'd like your opinion on.

I talked earlier about the ability for a person to use two characters in the Arena. This setup doesn't allow for that.
It COULD however.

All I'd need to do is simply have the left side devoted to one character and the right to another. This effectively just makes it twice as large, but still uniform.

Would you guys prefer me to make it two character friendly or would you want me to keep the character status tab as is and only allow one character per person?

Lemme know what you think.

Regards,
Atlas

Last edited by Atlas on Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Atlas
Atlas
Admin (Atlas)
Admin (Atlas)

Male Posts : 5304

Character Sheet
Health::
The New Arena status Left_bar_bleue5/10The New Arena status Empty_bar_bleue  (5/10)
Energy::
The New Arena status Left_bar_bleue4/12The New Arena status Empty_bar_bleue  (4/12)
Experience::
The New Arena status Left_bar_bleue0/5The New Arena status Empty_bar_bleue  (0/5)

Back to top Go down

The New Arena status Empty Re: The New Arena status

Post by Coto524 Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:10 am

I think that if you went ahead with the two-character change, then there should be a rule that you can't use both at the same time. If you could, then people would just use both their chars to help each other and it would basically destroy member-to-member interaction.
Coto524
Coto524
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Male Posts : 3955

Character Sheet
The New Arena status Left_bar_bleue19/19The New Arena status Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
The New Arena status Left_bar_bleue9/9The New Arena status Empty_bar_bleue  (9/9)
The New Arena status Left_bar_bleue0/0The New Arena status Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post by Koneko on lyoko Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:23 am

Agree with Enzo, I like the idea of two characters, but they can't be used in the same battle.
Koneko on lyoko
Koneko on lyoko
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Female Posts : 3243

Character Sheet
The New Arena status Left_bar_bleue19/19The New Arena status Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
The New Arena status Left_bar_bleue1/1The New Arena status Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)
The New Arena status Left_bar_bleue0/0The New Arena status Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

http://kageyamas-hinata.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlas Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:00 pm

Alright then if there's no objections soon I'll swap the tab to accommodate two characters.

Btw Enzo for your character that picture is really neato and made working on the page a lot neater.
Atlas
Atlas
Admin (Atlas)
Admin (Atlas)

Character Sheet
The New Arena status Left_bar_bleue5/10The New Arena status Empty_bar_bleue  (5/10)
The New Arena status Left_bar_bleue4/12The New Arena status Empty_bar_bleue  (4/12)
The New Arena status Left_bar_bleue0/5The New Arena status Empty_bar_bleue  (0/5)

Back to top Go down

Post by Coto524 Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:39 pm

That pic was courtesy of Dobie, so thank him. Smile
Coto524
Coto524
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Male Posts : 3955

Character Sheet
The New Arena status Left_bar_bleue9/9The New Arena status Empty_bar_bleue  (9/9)

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlas Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:49 pm

I'll be sure to then.
Atlas
Atlas
Admin (Atlas)
Admin (Atlas)

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by JeremysGirl Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:15 pm

Is it going to be tabbed like in the screenshots, so I won't have to go back and forth a lot between the forum and character sheet?

Nevermind. I got it.
JeremysGirl
JeremysGirl
Megatank
Megatank

Female Posts : 421

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down