Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.
Xana's Lair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I Make Maps

2 posters

Go down

I Make Maps Empty I Make Maps

Post by Coto524 Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:39 am

I've recently started making maps for fictional metros. Here's one, with a symbol and everything, for the XL Subway:

https://2img.net/r/ihimg/photo/my-images/51/xlsubwaymappng.png/

Sissi Line is a relatively recent addition.

I will update this map soon.
Coto524
Coto524
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Male Posts : 3955

Character Sheet
Health::
I Make Maps Left_bar_bleue19/19I Make Maps Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
Energy::
I Make Maps Left_bar_bleue9/9I Make Maps Empty_bar_bleue  (9/9)
Experience::
I Make Maps Left_bar_bleue0/0I Make Maps Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

I Make Maps Empty Re: I Make Maps

Post by Railen Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:20 am

Is there any logic to it? Very Happy
Railen
Railen
Spectre
Spectre

Female Posts : 2918

Character Sheet
I Make Maps Left_bar_bleue22/22I Make Maps Empty_bar_bleue  (22/22)
I Make Maps Left_bar_bleue1/1I Make Maps Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

http://www.xanaslair.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Coto524 Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:32 am

No, not really. I made it up as I went along and forgot to edit it afterwards.

Just a headsup:

Aelita line serves Ice.

Odd serves the Desert.

Ulrich serves the Forest.

Yumi serves the Mountains.

William serves all of them.
Coto524
Coto524
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Coto524 Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:05 am

Sorry for the double post, but I've updated the map and I'd like people to know.

I Make Maps Xlsubwayextendedpng

Yo might have noticed that the Subway Map has changed a little since last time. Here's the details:

At interchanges, the map uses only as many symbols as necessary. This improved the look of the map.

The bit on the left with the three lines didn't used to show that the Odd and Sissi lines shared tracks, but the Aelita line had seperate ones. Now they all use the same tracks, and this is now shown on the map.

The overall slightly different style of the map. This is because the designer is now more experienced.

The Milly line was extended to Dutchtown, but low passenger levels led to the service being cut. Normal service trains terminate at French District, with trains continuing to Dutchtown in peak hours and at night.

The William line service between Desert Sector and Central was not very popular. The Central service was reduced to a shuttle from Archives - during peak hours and night-time, trains can run from Desert Sector to Central bypassing Archives.

Due to dangerously curved platforms, the Yumi service to Central from Great Arena was removed. This service was transfered to a brand new tunnel on the Ulrich line, with two new stations. In exchange, the Yumi line took over the service from the GA to PM Tower, which was extended to Chatbox.

Japanese District and Japanese District South have been combined into one station complex, to reduce complexity.

There is a new subway stop at Kitty's Claw, the skyscraper near the GA.

There is a whole new line! The Shadows & Twiggy line (working names West Forum line and Tamiya line) was built to serve the redeveloped West Side, as well as to put Gary's Buses out of business. It places new stops at the Quotes Centre, the HQ of the XL Times, the John Monument on Immortal Street (made of marble), the Rena Swimming Complex on Epsoasota Avenue, the Snowy University, the junction of Kiwi Boulevard and Kiwi's Kiwi Way, the Railen Monument in Railen Park (the monument was made of precious metals and generously donated by the Yay Co), Legend's Circle at the end of Kiwi's Kiwi Way, and the Atlas Grove residential area. It also has an interchange with the Odd and William lines at Desert Sector.

Finally, the fare zones for ticketing are now displayed on the map.

Hope you like!
Coto524
Coto524
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down