Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.
Xana's Lair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Slim M&P 4

+3
Railen
aelitaxwilliam
Kittyclaw
7 posters

Go down

Slim M&P 4 Empty Slim M&P 4

Post by Kittyclaw Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:02 pm

Anyone interested in participating in the next M&P slim, here's where you sign up. If you'd like to host, let us know in your post.
Kittyclaw
Kittyclaw
Megatank
Megatank

Female Posts : 316

http://www.fanfiction.net/~Kittyclaw

Back to top Go down

Slim M&P 4 Empty Re: Slim M&P 4

Post by aelitaxwilliam Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:56 pm

If no one volunteers, I personally think you should host again. The last one was looking to be interesting (maybe because of the not so subtle crushes and blushing in it), but it ended way too quickly. Though props to Snowy for getting it. And I'm joining this of course. A suggestion might be to increase the voting time? Two days would probably be enough for anyone who didn't get notification of the first kill, though it's all up to the host of course.
aelitaxwilliam
aelitaxwilliam
Moderator (Desert Sector)

Female Posts : 4579

Character Sheet
Health::
Slim M&P 4 Left_bar_bleue14/18Slim M&P 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (14/18)
Energy::
Slim M&P 4 Left_bar_bleue4/5Slim M&P 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (4/5)
Experience::
Slim M&P 4 Left_bar_bleue0/0Slim M&P 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittyclaw Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:29 pm

I wouldn't mind hosting again. The vote before had two days/nights for people, but I could extend it longer. I'd just ask that people make a quick post/send me a pm letting me know how much time they need to vote :]

ps. I'm in, host or no.
Kittyclaw
Kittyclaw
Megatank
Megatank

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:47 am

I' m in too, and agree with Kelly that you should host again cuz it was interesting and ended quickly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Railen Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:08 am

Agreed.

Sadly M&P slim can't be longer than two days. Why else is it called slim?
Railen
Railen
Spectre
Spectre

Female Posts : 2918

Character Sheet
Slim M&P 4 Left_bar_bleue22/22Slim M&P 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (22/22)
Slim M&P 4 Left_bar_bleue1/1Slim M&P 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

http://www.xanaslair.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Luce 333 Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:23 am

You also have to thnk that, since that Kitty said thre was only one vote, chnces are slim that they wold get it right in a single guss (even thogh that was the case)...

I'm in!!!
Stella Luce 333
Stella Luce 333
Spectre
Spectre

Female Posts : 2637

Character Sheet
Slim M&P 4 Left_bar_bleue7/17Slim M&P 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (7/17)
Slim M&P 4 Left_bar_bleue3/3Slim M&P 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (3/3)

http://www.fanfiction.net/~stellaluce333

Back to top Go down

Post by SnowPrincessMossy Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:11 pm

I'm in!
SnowPrincessMossy
SnowPrincessMossy
Megatank
Megatank

Female Posts : 495

https://www.youtube.com/user/SnowCoveredLoyalty

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:00 am

Agree with Railen. I think it should be two days for the first murder and one for the rest but that's just me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittyclaw Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:02 am

That's fine (and also how the last round went).
Kittyclaw
Kittyclaw
Megatank
Megatank

Back to top Go down

Post by Coto524 Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:08 pm

I'm in. With deadly neurotoxin.
Coto524
Coto524
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Male Posts : 3955

Character Sheet
Slim M&P 4 Left_bar_bleue19/19Slim M&P 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
Slim M&P 4 Left_bar_bleue9/9Slim M&P 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (9/9)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittyclaw Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:04 pm

Okay. Well, since it looks like I'm hosting, let's recap who's in:

Kelly
Legend
Railen
Stella
Snowy
Enzo
Kitty

I'll leave sign up open until Sunday at midnight, and then we'll begin. I'll warn you guys now, I am going to be on vacation next week, so I won't be able to be on regularly. However, I did think of a possible solution to that, which would also extend how long we could play for: we don't vote off anyone if the vote is wrong. That way I could pick a killer and write out all of the scenes before I leave to vacation, and then I would just have to check the votes in the morning and, if you guys didn't get it, update the next kill.

What do you guys think?
Kittyclaw
Kittyclaw
Megatank
Megatank

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeMeInTheShadows Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:38 pm

Shadows wants to play!
SeeMeInTheShadows
SeeMeInTheShadows
Mistress of Butterflies
Mistress of Butterflies

Female Posts : 4157

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1664845/

Back to top Go down

Post by Coto524 Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:12 am

It would reduce the possibility of the killer winning by about 50%. But what the fruit. Sounds good.
Coto524
Coto524
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:26 am

I have np with that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittyclaw Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:27 am

'adds shadows to the list'

Okay. I'll get going on the next story line then :]

--
Sorry about the wait everyone. Work hours have been kind of chaotic leading up to vacation, so my available moments have been few and far between. But I have my plot and everything figured out! I just need to finish writing. You should get a post tomorrow.
Kittyclaw
Kittyclaw
Megatank
Megatank

Back to top Go down

Post by Railen Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:21 am

Is it tomorrow yet? *blinks*
Railen
Railen
Spectre
Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittyclaw Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:50 am

It will be soon enough. I have the plot and killers and what not all decided, but I'm having trouble finding time to write (midterms, reading entire books in a week, and lots of work hours does that). However, this weekend is looking like a promising time to get the story done and going. I promise I haven't forgotten about M&P!
Kittyclaw
Kittyclaw
Megatank
Megatank

Back to top Go down

Post by Kittyclaw Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:35 pm

So sorry about the wait guys. This post sets up the story and characters, and is a bit more on the light hearted side. Hopefully the wait was worth it, and this game will be an awesome one!

Okay boys and girls, here’s how we’re doing this. You guys know how it goes: I write about all of us in some kind of secluded situation, where we can be picked off one by one without being able to escape. Throughout the piece, I layer in clues to try and help you figure out who’s killing you all off.
Some are really obvious, some are so obscure it’s ridiculous. It’s up to you guys to figure out what’s a hint and what’s not, and figure out who you need to boot from the game—and fast, because every time you get it wrong, another of your number will fall to the killer. When you think you know who did it, send me a pm with your guess. All pm’s are due by midnight the day of the post. The next day I will post the results: either we get to watch the killer be chased off, or we watch as another of our group is spirited away. Any questions about gameplay, just drop me a pm.

And so it begins…

Ding-dong. Dong-dong.

Legend groaned, flailing his hand out for his alarm clock. He made a surprised sound low in his throat when his hand simply fell through empty air. Making a few more annoyed sounds, Legend cracked open an eye and searched blearily for the glowing numbers of his clock. Instead, his gaze found his living room. Quirking an eyebrow, Legend opened both eyes as he realized he had fallen asleep on the couch.

Ding-dong.

And someone was at the door. Groaning again, Legend looked around for someone who he could make answer door. “Hey, Railen,” he muttered, spotting the older boy sprawled across the floor. “Railen.” When the other boy’s only response was a loud snore, Legend made an annoyed sound. Pulling the couch cushion out from behind his head, he searched for another target.

Ding-dong.

Enzo was sprawled out across the room’s recliner, the television remote dangling limply from one hand. Holding up his couch cushion, Legend closed one eye and took careful aim. “Hey, Enzo,” he called softly. The sleeping boy didn’t respond and so Legend, feeling better about giving his roommate ‘a little warning,’ hurled the pillow.

Ding-dong.

Yelping, Enzo flailed his arms in legs to defend himself from his surprise attacker, which only succeeded in making him fall out of the chair. Sitting up, Enzo blinked as he looked around in confusion. From the couch, Legend shouted the boy’s name to get his attention, then pointed to the door as the bell rang again. Enzo made a face, but did as he was told, stumbling awkwardly to his feet and over to the door.
--
Ding-dong.

“I’m coming, I’m coming,” Stella called as she hurried over to the door. Pulling it open, she started to say hello, only for her greeting to peter off when she realized there was no one there. Sticking her head into the hall, she looked around in confusion. “Hello?” she called curiously. When no one answered her she shrugged and started to step back inside. She stopped short when she noticed the little envelope sitting on the ground.

“Who is it?” Kelly called, peering around the kitchen wall.

“No one,” Stella said, picking up the envelope. “Just this.”

“Just what?” Shadows asked, her head popping up from where she was lying on the couch. Stella came over and dropped down into one of the living room’s chairs, showing Shadows the envelope. “Who’s it from?” Shadows asked. Stella shrugged.

“There’s no name on it.” Kelly wandered over from the kitchen, nudging Shadows over and joining her on the couch.

“What’s inside?” she asked, before stuffing a piece of toast in her mouth.

“I don’t know yet,” Stella said.
--
“Open it, open it!”

“I will,” Snowy said, leaning away from Kitty, who was bouncing behind her computer chair.

“Why don’t I ever get mail?” Kitty asked, while Snowy searched her desk for a letter opener.

“Because you’d react like this?” Snowy asked. Kitty ignored the answer, continuing to babble. Snowy rolled her eyes at her friend, while slicing open the envelope and fishing out the card inside.

“So, did you want to see this?” she asked, when Kitty failed to notice the card. Kitty turned to look at her and blinked in confusion at the card. After a moment, understanding flickered across her face.

“That was in the envelope?” Kitty asked, making a snatch for it.

“Yes,” Snowy said, quickly pulling it out of her reach.

“What does it say?” Kitty asked. Snowy looked down at the card, while Kitty crowded behind her, and began to read.

“Dear valued Xana’s Lair member…”
--
“…Your membership to our wonderful community is valued in ways you cannot imagine,” Enzo read. “As such, we would like to provide you with a gift to thank you for all of your contributions to XL.”

“Who’s we?” Railen asked.

“Who cares?” Legend asked back. To Enzo he said, “Keep reading!”

“Please,” Enzo muttered, turning back to the card. “Tonight we at XL would like to invite you…”
--
“…invite you to a catered dinner located at XL’s own summer estate.”

“I didn’t know XL had a summer estate,” Kelly said, looking to Shadows who shrugged.

“If we do, I haven’t heard about it yet.”

“Shh,” Stella hissed, regaining both girls’ attentions before continuing to read. “Please meet outside of the estate…”
--
“…the estate, located atop XL’s private island. Wear your dinner best.”

There was a long moment of silence after Snowy finished reading. And then—

“XL has a private island?”
--
“When did we get a private island?”

All eyes turned curiously to Railen. When he realized he was being looked at, Railen shrugged.

“It’s not mine.”

“That’s kind of suspicious,” Snowy said, but she was quickly overruled by Enzo’s “does it really matter?”

“I don’t think so,” Shadows said, while Kelly nodded excitedly in agreement. The others looked at one another curiously, but after a bit of mumbling seemed to come to the same conclusion as Enzo—just because they didn’t know about this place didn’t mean it was anything dangerous.

“Maybe its Rena and John’s,” Kitty suggested with a shrug.

“Maybe,” Snowy agreed dubiously. However, the others were quick to latch into this possibility, being very much in favor of any explanation that wouldn’t result in them having to give up a possible free, catered dinner.

“Now that that’s been settled,” Legend said decisively, “I think we should head inside.”

The group, happy to be given something to do, moved with the single minded unity of a mob towards the large estate’s front doors—two towering slabs of polished wood engraved ornately with flowers and vines and what looked suspiciously like flightless arctic birds. Scaling the steep steps up to the front porch, the group seemed to lose its gusto as it came within the final two feet of the imposing doors. Coming to a stop, they stood and, as one, gazed up at the doors. After a good few minutes of silence passed, someone finally spoke.

“So…not it.”

What followed was a mass scramble as people screamed ‘not it’ at the top of their lungs while at the same time trying to simultaneously force their way to the back of the pack while shoving those who had not yet cried the words of safety up to the front. Then, as soon as the chaos had begun, it ended, leaving most of the group huddled together at the top of the stairs.

Most of the group, save for Stella, who blinked in surprise when she realized she was standing alone in front of the doors. Turning to look at the others, she scowled when they all smiled at her, while gesturing for her to knock on the door.

“You guys are lame,” she informed them flatly. They responded by pointing to the door. Sighing, Stella allowed herself one more dark look in her fellow XL’ers direction, and then she turned and, after taking a steadying breath, approached the door. Raising her fist, she did a quick check for some kind of doorbell or knocker and then, with a shrug, knocked on one of the penguins’ heads. The resulting knock echoed loudly throughout the large house, startling Stella. She was then startled further when, like something out of every cliché Scooby Doo episode, the estate doors slowly swung open.

“Uh, hello?” she called, peering into the entryway just beyond the doors in an attempt to spot a door man or butler. “Is anyone there?”

“Hey, it’s open!” someone shouted excitedly. Oddly enough, no one in the group that was majority writers picked up on the fact that a door opening by its self is the first clue in any horror story of bad things to come. Instead their excitement jumbled together and propelled the mob forward once more, the group reabsorbing Stella into their mass as they passed naively through the open doors and into the foyer beyond.
Kittyclaw
Kittyclaw
Megatank
Megatank

Back to top Go down

Post by Railen Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:28 am

Yes, XL is so awesome it constantly spams wiki's and islands 'n such all on itself!
Railen
Railen
Spectre
Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Luce 333 Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:05 pm

...Wow...You prtty much got my persnlty perfct...
Stella Luce 333
Stella Luce 333
Spectre
Spectre

Female Posts : 2637

Character Sheet
Slim M&P 4 Left_bar_bleue7/17Slim M&P 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (7/17)
Slim M&P 4 Left_bar_bleue3/3Slim M&P 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (3/3)

http://www.fanfiction.net/~stellaluce333

Back to top Go down

Post by SnowPrincessMossy Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:28 pm

I love it so much Smile It's perfect Very Happy
SnowPrincessMossy
SnowPrincessMossy
Megatank
Megatank

Female Posts : 495

https://www.youtube.com/user/SnowCoveredLoyalty

Back to top Go down

Post by aelitaxwilliam Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:39 pm

I love the scooby part. It's so true too.

And well, that was well worth the wait. This looks promising already.
aelitaxwilliam
aelitaxwilliam

Female Posts : 4579

Character Sheet
Slim M&P 4 Left_bar_bleue14/18Slim M&P 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (14/18)
Slim M&P 4 Left_bar_bleue4/5Slim M&P 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (4/5)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:24 am

I like the younger version of me Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Coto524 Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:25 am

AWESOME.

Kelly did it.
Coto524
Coto524
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down