Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.
Xana's Lair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KadicStation Development Thread

3 posters

Go down

KadicStation Development Thread Empty KadicStation Development Thread

Post by tbcr Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:15 pm

IF YOU ARE LOOKING TO PLAY ON THE LATEST SERVER REVISION, CLICK HERE

Table of Contents
*Revision
*Current Tasks
*What the Hell is This?
*Hosting a Server
*How to Get Involved

CURRENT REVISION: Kadicstation v.1

THINGS TO DO FOR 1.0: Not Started In Progress Finished Scrapped
*TWEAK EXISTING CODE FOR HIGHER EFFICIENCY(Testing Phase)
*LOBBY MUSIC
*LOBBY SCREEN
*IMPLEMENT MAP SPECIFALLY FOR CODEBRANCH (Carthage)
   *Z-Level 1 Actual Station
   *Level 2 syndicate base,CentCom, Holodeck,wizard ship, Lobby Screen(yes, that is a thing), escape shuttle, hyperspace & transit
   *Level 3White Ship, Abandoned Satellite, Telecommunication Satellite,
   Level 4 Derilict Ship
   Level 5 Mine
   Level 6 Lyoko Stuff
   Level 7More Lyoko Stuff
*CREATE BACKSTORY AS TO WHY THE STATION EXISTS IN THE FIRST PLACE, LINKING TO THE ORIGINAL SERIES IN SOMEWAY
* IMPLEMENT CHARACTER CREATION FOR VR AWAY MISSIONS (TEST TO SEE IF POSSIBLE)
*IMPLEMENT Code Lyoko THEMED VR MISSIONS
            *Usually would be a AI-Malfunction round
            *Goal would be for Carthage crew to destroy the AI tower
          *Would take place in a pressurized, oxygenated area

Sprites and Animations(Thanks to SmartAgentKC from CL-E for the animation suggestion
What the Hell is This?
This is a project to combine various elements of Code Lyoko with the online RPG SpaceStation 13. This would involve various additions such as Lyoko-themed Away Missions, possible Lyoko form creation, lyoko monsters as mobs and various other features

What if I Want to Host the Code on my Own Server?
The Github page for the project can be found at: https://github.com/tbcr/KadicStation
NOTE:atm, the server code has no alteration to the NT/Station code
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How Can I Get Involved?
For people who are new to programming
For those who have programmed in a language
A nice guide to mapping
A nice guide to spriting
Elaborate on Backstory

PM me if you want to be added to the github collaborators

Last edited by tbcr on Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:12 am; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : updating materials)
tbcr
tbcr
Insekt
Insekt

Male Posts : 93

Character Sheet
Health::
KadicStation Development Thread Left_bar_bleue0/0KadicStation Development Thread Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Energy::
KadicStation Development Thread Left_bar_bleue0/0KadicStation Development Thread Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Experience::

http://tbcrproductions.x10.mx

Back to top Go down

KadicStation Development Thread Empty Re: KadicStation Development Thread

Post by Atlas Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:09 am

This excites me in the pants. I'll have you know I will be harassing you on Skype later to tell me all about this.
Atlas
Atlas
Admin (Atlas)
Admin (Atlas)

Male Posts : 5304

Character Sheet
KadicStation Development Thread Left_bar_bleue5/10KadicStation Development Thread Empty_bar_bleue  (5/10)
KadicStation Development Thread Left_bar_bleue4/12KadicStation Development Thread Empty_bar_bleue  (4/12)
KadicStation Development Thread Left_bar_bleue0/5KadicStation Development Thread Empty_bar_bleue  (0/5)

Back to top Go down

Post by Good rules evil ends now Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:10 pm

This could be what we need to get the community to live again.
Good rules evil ends now
Good rules evil ends now
Insekt
Insekt

Male Posts : 84

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by tbcr Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:52 pm

I recently had a chat with some SS13 people on the vinesauce mumble about whether or not to use NT/Station as athe basis for the branch, and they unanimously agreed to switch due to some problems with working on code that is slightly outdated.  considering there has not been any commits to the branch yet, we can do this so there are some options atm

• /tg/station-the most used ss13 branch mainly used for medium roleplay
  • baystation-mainly used for Heavy RP. more complex atmospherics and more customization for characters
  • Hippe Station-derivative of /tg/station with some cool GUI additions, such as heart monitor animation for health
tbcr
tbcr
Insekt
Insekt

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by tbcr Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:39 pm

after thinking over very carefully, i have decided it would better for us to use a more recent stable  /tg/station build
tbcr
tbcr
Insekt
Insekt

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by tbcr Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:43 pm

Foundation had been broken on Carthage, the custom map for the server
KadicStation Development Thread Tumblr_ne9wz7WT5o1sejin0o1_500

I am planning on designing the layout of the station. However, I will not be working on the Atmos and Power wire layout. if anyone wants to do that, throw me a line.
tbcr
tbcr
Insekt
Insekt

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by tbcr Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:43 pm

Update from last post, a friend of mine, we'll call TMRC, is considering working on the atmos for the station.

also a bit of improvement from the earlier picture
KadicStation Development Thread 6cf560c0b3
tbcr
tbcr
Insekt
Insekt

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by tbcr Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:20 pm

so to sum up what i posted in the CL-E version of this thread, i found out that there are multiple Z-Level Co-or's for the map, with multiple things in them, including the lobby screen, so yeah
tbcr
tbcr
Insekt
Insekt

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by tbcr Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:31 pm

KadicStation Development Thread Tumblr_neuc8vZGIV1sejin0o1_1280 atcm, not much progress other than the bridge being almost done and the security area layout not done yet (had severe amt of work last week :I)
tbcr
tbcr
Insekt
Insekt

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlas Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:30 am

Neato, work is work.
Atlas
Atlas
Admin (Atlas)
Admin (Atlas)

Male Posts : 5304

Character Sheet
KadicStation Development Thread Left_bar_bleue5/10KadicStation Development Thread Empty_bar_bleue  (5/10)
KadicStation Development Thread Left_bar_bleue4/12KadicStation Development Thread Empty_bar_bleue  (4/12)
KadicStation Development Thread Left_bar_bleue0/5KadicStation Development Thread Empty_bar_bleue  (0/5)

Back to top Go down

Post by tbcr Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:39 pm

to give a more live look at my production of the project, i will be streaming on cletest on livestream whenever i can, check here or My tumblr to see if a dev stream is live
tbcr
tbcr
Insekt
Insekt

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by tbcr Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:12 pm

no progress to the code branch, but for easier following on what has and has not been done, i have taken the liberty of color coding the todo list
tbcr
tbcr
Insekt
Insekt

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by tbcr Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:49 pm

Initial Progress of spriting has started for Away Mission set in Lyoko.

there will hopefully be 5 types of jumpsuits to signify weapon specialization

• A-Class: Medics and Energy Stunning
  • O-Class: Long Range Weaponry
  • U-Class: Energy Based Meele Weaponry
  • W-Class: Non-Energy Based Meele Weaponry
  • Y-Class: Medium Range Weaponry

the fun thing about the VR missions is that if you die during it, you die on the station too

below is a concept (front and back view) that i whipped up in Aesprite .97 (freeware, 1.0 is $10) for the O-Class jumpsuit

KadicStation Development Thread Fe201112b7
tbcr
tbcr
Insekt
Insekt

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by tbcr Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:38 pm

And the Finished Concept for the O-Class

KadicStation Development Thread 2ef76ad78b
tbcr
tbcr
Insekt
Insekt

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by tbcr Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:57 pm

Compilation of the Codebase with the Goonstation Process Scheduler has proven successful. Testing is now in order for seeing if it works.
tbcr
tbcr
Insekt
Insekt

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by tbcr Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:38 am

due to the recent release of the Robust Games SS13 SA into the open source, the BYOND Version of Kadicstation will be on hiatus until the SA is in a stable state (which should not be too long)
tbcr
tbcr
Insekt
Insekt

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down