Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.
Xana's Lair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favourite Actor?

+3
QuinSeparable
Snickie
Soul Jelly
7 posters

Go down

Favourite Actor? Empty Favourite Actor?

Post by Soul Jelly Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:34 am

I personally love Gulliver, after my initial reservations. Leonie is great too.

Who am I kidding I like all of them Razz Except, Delmas is completely unlike his animated counterpart, which is annoying. And don't even get me started on the new, whitewashed Sam. Neutral
Soul Jelly
Soul Jelly
Scyphozoa
Scyphozoa

Back to top Go down

Favourite Actor? Empty Re: Favourite Actor?

Post by Snickie Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:00 pm

I refuse to believe that Samantha is the same Sam from Rock Bottom and Final Round.

Gulliver is awesome. <3
Quentin is cool too. Though the voice pitch difference still bothers me a bit.
Melanie's voice inflections are strange to me... I dunno. But I'm fairly pleased.
Marin does a good job of being Jeremie.
Leonie....I dunno. Something about her bothers me. Probably the voice. But otherwise she does a good job.
Snickie
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Female Posts : 3198

http://snickiedude@deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by QuinSeparable Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:41 pm

Gulliver is definitely great! I have no arguments there. He's definitely embodied the spirit of Odd well.

Quentin and Melanie do well and I really like them. Though I've noticed that Quentin often has that "lost puppy" look to him and I don't know whether to get annoyed with it or laugh at it.

Diego. Yes. I love him. I think he's got William down well (not that I'm biased or anything Wink ) But seriously, when I imagined William in "real life", it was pretty close to Diego and I feel he's got William's mannerisms down pretty well.

Marin does well as Jeremie, but he doesn't quite have that Jeremie feel to him quite yet. I guess it's because we haven't seen "irritated" Jeremie much.

As for as Leonie...I had some major reservations about her and sadly I still do. Even as the animated Aelita got her memories back, she still had that innocent quality about her that Leonie still hasn't seemed to capture. Her Aelita seems a bit off. She seems to be a great actress, don't get me wrong, but for some reason I can't connect with her portrayal of Aelita yet.

Jim's actor (I can't remember his name right now) does a fantastic job! He's got Jim down well I think.

Mr. Delmas and Sam - completely agree with you Soul.

So I guess as far as favorite actor, it's a tie between Gulliver and Diego with Jim's actor coming in at a close second. Though I do like how Quentin and Melanie are very active with the fans.
QuinSeparable
QuinSeparable
Manta
Manta

Female Posts : 195

Character Sheet
Health::
Favourite Actor? Left_bar_bleue0/0Favourite Actor? Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
Energy::
Experience::

http://inthedarkcornersofmymind.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Snickie Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:22 pm

I totally forgot about Jim's actor. But I must say:

YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES!!!!!!!
He's perfect!

Contrary to what Quin said, I feel like we've seen a lot of irritated Jeremie, what with him yelling at Odd in episode 2, yelling at William (before William was "in" again), yelling at him again for letting Laura find the factory in the latest (I love his response- "Well, I wasn't going to hit her...")....

Quin voiced what I couldn't put to words about Leonie. Specifically, I live in a world where Aelita must never be jealous because her and Jeremie are perfect together and are innocent enough to actually go through with it, and with all the jealous!Aelita scenes so far I feel like that part has died a little with her innocence, despite it being an interesting dynamic to her personality.

Pauline is doing a very good job of being what I envision Laura to be- snobby, ridiculously smart, a bit snarky about how she offers herself to the group ("Well if you need me, I'm available," she says as she's already altered the RTTP so she won't be affected and knows everything), and quite proud of herself.

Also contrary to what Quin said, I'm still skeptical about what they did to William's character in this version. He's too dark imo, and Diego's appearance doesn't help with that (though I think he might be hotter than Quentin). And he seems moodier now than the formerly happy-go-lucky guy he was in the original series (and I'm not referring to his clone). Don't get me wrong: I like Diego!William. I just think they missed the target for their personality matches like they did with Leonie!Aelita.
Snickie
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Back to top Go down

Post by QuinSeparable Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:44 pm

I can see your point with Diego, Snickie. I guess I see his more reserved\dark characteristics as a plausible response to being possessed by XANA for so long. And I really like it. But, then again, I like when characters take a moody twist. Though I don't think he was all that happy-go-lucky in the original series, imo.

*shrugs* It's amazing at how differently a group of people can view the same TV show and characters, isn't it?

Jealous Aelita is definitely an interesting dynamic, I won't lie, but it seems out of character for her. I guess I also forgot to mention in my post that in the cartoon series, even when she had a right to be jealous, she never really acted on it. I'm thinking "XANA's Kiss" where she was more hurt than anything else.
QuinSeparable
QuinSeparable
Manta
Manta

Female Posts : 195

Character Sheet

http://inthedarkcornersofmymind.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Snickie Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:24 am

That's true, but also in XANA's Kiss, something did happen where she thought Jeremie had kissed Heidi. Nothing has really happened in those regards between Jeremie and Laura yet, at least on the part of Jeremie (except for the arm!grab/lead that made me so furious JEREMIESHOULDONLYEVERTOUCHAELITA -cough- what?). Laura apparently seems to be trying to compete with Aelita for Jeremie's affections (or, at least, that's the vibe I keep getting from her), and while she's definitely pretty and super intelligent, Aelita already has Jeremie. She doesn't want to lose Jeremie and reexperience the hurt she felt in XANA's Kiss, so as long as Laura remains a threat, Aelita remains jealous. It's a natural reaction. But still not one I like seeing on Aelita.
Snickie
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Luce 333 Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:44 am

I like all of them so far! They all are able to make me believe that they are the characters they’re supposed to be. I agree with what you guys are saying about Alita, but maybe she lost some of her innocence when her father was killed? Even though it’s been two (?) years, I’d imagine that experience changed her quite a bit…

Last edited by Snickie on Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : made the font color visible.)
Stella Luce 333
Stella Luce 333
Spectre
Spectre

Female Posts : 2637

Character Sheet
Favourite Actor? Left_bar_bleue7/17Favourite Actor? Empty_bar_bleue  (7/17)
Favourite Actor? Left_bar_bleue3/3Favourite Actor? Empty_bar_bleue  (3/3)

http://www.fanfiction.net/~stellaluce333

Back to top Go down

Post by Koneko on lyoko Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:24 am

Favourite has to be Gulliver and not because Odd's one of my favourite characters. He's so cute it's just like Favourite Actor? Tumblr_mb0ws402Sl1qkw3da

I love Jim's actor too, I thought that Jim would be one of the harder characters to portray in live action(not sure why tbh) but he's a perfect Jim.

QuinSeparable wrote:I can see your point with Diego, Snickie. I guess I see his more reserved\dark characteristics as a plausible response to being possessed by XANA for so long. And I really like it. But, then again, I like when characters take a moody twist. Though I don't think he was all that happy-go-lucky in the original series, imo.
I agree, I think that this moodier William is from what happened with XANA and I also love it when characters take a moody twist Razz imo it'd be kinda disappointing if William came out of that unscathed that could because I think XANA kept William aware of what he was doing while being possessed.

Yea, I don't want to think that this Sam is the same one from the animation, but the way they present her, saying that "Sam's back in school," and stuff suggests that it is but...I just can't see her as that Sam.
Koneko on lyoko
Koneko on lyoko
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Female Posts : 3243

Character Sheet
Favourite Actor? Left_bar_bleue19/19Favourite Actor? Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
Favourite Actor? Left_bar_bleue1/1Favourite Actor? Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

http://kageyamas-hinata.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:31 pm

Looked at the title and was just gonna type Al Pacino then I read the first post...

Since there's a CL discussion section now, this should be moved there?

Back to top Go down

Post by Snickie Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:55 pm

Moved.

I don't know whether or not to like the actress they put for Aelita's mom. I think the voice is perfect, the face is perfect, but the hair! asdfhksld Antea has PINK HAIR. NOT BLONDE. I would mention something about her not being consistent with the CL!Antea, but we never got to see CL!Antea besides when she was being taken away from Aelita and in the end credits and all those other little freeze frame memories.
Snickie
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Back to top Go down

Post by JustDance04 Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:43 pm

Snickie wrote:Moved.

I don't know whether or not to like the actress they put for Aelita's mom. I think the voice is perfect, the face is perfect, but the hair! asdfhksld Antea has PINK HAIR. NOT BLONDE. I would mention something about her not being consistent with the CL!Antea, but we never got to see CL!Antea besides when she was being taken away from Aelita and in the end credits and all those other little freeze frame memories.
And she was a spectre, so of course she didn't match up with what little we saw of Antea in the original, which appears to be sweet, caring mother.

I really like Diego and Quentin. Gulliver definitely is the perfect Odd. Leonie I feel perfectly captures this version of Aelita, but would most definitely suck playing the original Aelita. Marin... I don't know. He doesn't seem to *be* Jeremie to me. And Melanie...Is it wrong that I feel she's not the right Yumi because her hair isn't a perfect replica of the animated counterpart?

JustDance04
Hornet
Hornet

Female Posts : 15

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by nodsviper Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:05 pm

I'm going to post it here, because I can't find another suitable topic, but I've been trying to search for information on Matthew Geczy. The really odd thing is, I can't find much information at all. There is a code wiki, but for some reason, the website seems to be down. Is there some specific reason for so little information? He doesn't seem to have a website, nor any social media pages either. Question
nodsviper
nodsviper
Krab
Krab

Male Posts : 144

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Luce 333 Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:23 am

I've been trying to search for information on Matthew Geczy. The really odd thing is, I can't find much information at all.
I see what you did there, lol…

If it helps, he has a page on IMDB
Stella Luce 333
Stella Luce 333
Spectre
Spectre

Female Posts : 2637

Character Sheet
Favourite Actor? Left_bar_bleue7/17Favourite Actor? Empty_bar_bleue  (7/17)
Favourite Actor? Left_bar_bleue3/3Favourite Actor? Empty_bar_bleue  (3/3)

http://www.fanfiction.net/~stellaluce333

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down