Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.
Xana's Lair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First episode of Code Lyoko Evolution

+3
X. Jacob
Snickie
AeonFrodo
7 posters

Go down

Did you like the first episode of Code Lyoko Evolution?

First episode of Code Lyoko Evolution I_voti1190%First episode of Code Lyoko Evolution Vote_l12 90% 
[ 18 ]
First episode of Code Lyoko Evolution I_voti110%First episode of Code Lyoko Evolution Vote_l12 0% 
[ 0 ]
First episode of Code Lyoko Evolution I_voti1110%First episode of Code Lyoko Evolution Vote_l12 10% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 20

First episode of Code Lyoko Evolution Empty First episode of Code Lyoko Evolution

Post by AeonFrodo Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:18 am

So what did everybody think of it? And of course, please expand your thoughts here.

I thought it was a great introduction to the new season. With XANA returning and the group being doubtful and speculative of XANA's return. As much as Jeremie and Aelita did not get a lot of screen time, they played an important part in the episode. Jeremie found out that the group had Source Codes implanted in them and that's how XANA survived, while Aelita is suspicious of XANA's return.

Ulrich and Yumi had the most screen time and a lot of moments. Not to mention that their actors did an amazing job at portraying them (Quentin Merabet and Melanie Tran). I also find it amusing that Ulrich is now the damsel in distress now. Boy, have the tides turned.

Odd is the same, which is a good thing. But comparing his voice to the French version of Odd's voice makes me feel so relieved it isn't as high pitched anymore, yet he's incredibly enthusiastic. His actor's performance wasn't spectacular, but he did a good job.

Jim was hilarious as per usual. His actions are a bit exaggerated, but it's what Jim is like. William was only there for one scene of the episode, but it was good to see that he was there and going to be a huge part of the storyline.

So, what do you guys think?

Last edited by AeonFrodo on Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:33 am; edited 1 time in total
AeonFrodo
AeonFrodo
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Female Posts : 3780

Character Sheet
Health::
First episode of Code Lyoko Evolution Left_bar_bleue11/23First episode of Code Lyoko Evolution Empty_bar_bleue  (11/23)
Energy::
First episode of Code Lyoko Evolution Left_bar_bleue2/4First episode of Code Lyoko Evolution Empty_bar_bleue  (2/4)
Experience::
First episode of Code Lyoko Evolution Left_bar_bleue0/0First episode of Code Lyoko Evolution Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

First episode of Code Lyoko Evolution Empty Re: First episode of Code Lyoko Evolution

Post by Snickie Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:42 am

I'm just going to quote what I wrote from the CL discussion here. I'll be able to write more when I can actually understand the lines.

Snickie wrote: It seemed a bit rushed to me, but I guess with that much stuff to fit into 22 minutes it would have to be. I would have loved it if I could understand anything they were saying. But from what I could tell, it seemed to follow the format of the old Code Lyoko episodes--Earth, XANA attack, back-and-forth earth and Lyoko, Aelita deactivates the tower just in time. The action seemed a bit tame here--real!Jim's fall was a bit too obviously fake, the tumbling, and the interaction between clone!Jim and Odd in the sewers. Whatever method XANA was using to drain the code must've been seriously debilitating if it left Ulrich more useless than Frodo was at the end of Book I in the Fellowship of the Ring (at least Frodo used his last strength to fight back even though he knew it was pretty much over) and the "final struggle" between Odd and clone!Jim just a game of handsies.

Overall, I can't wait for the rest of the season.

Interestingly enough, the hand-holding-paralyzing thing is a concept I've explored in chapter one of my fanfiction, and I have plans to use it again. So I suppose I shouldn't complain that CLE is using it too.
Snickie
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Female Posts : 3198

http://snickiedude@deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

First episode of Code Lyoko Evolution Empty Re: First episode of Code Lyoko Evolution

Post by X. Jacob Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:50 am

I can't understand French, but if I could, I would watch the first episode, and then i'd fall in love with it, and then I'd start Drawing it, then I'd start writing FanFics of it, and then i'd......
X. Jacob
X. Jacob
Insekt
Insekt

Male Posts : 81

Back to top Go down

Post by gummibar Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:23 am

As far as acting goes, I'm pleased. Those that think Aelita is too emotionless need to realize the fact that she's not supposed to be happy in this episode. XANA just returned, none of her friends want to believe her and this means that her father died for nothing. So she's not going to be all smiley and I did indeed hear someone complain about how she smiled too little in this episode. *sighs.* And the same person said Jeremie was acting too much like an "arrogant ***." I don't even know where that conclusion came from. Marin needs a little work, but for this being his first debut, he's doing great. Am I the only one thoroughly impressed with him? He's 13 and a half! I thought his performance was remarkable considering his age and this being his first skit not in some musical or stage play.

Jim is perfect, we didn't see enough William, Yumi and Urich are fine.

And then as far as the XANA attack goes, a lot of people think it's very boring and anti-climactic. I do too, actually; but that's okay because I don't think it's supposed to be otherwise. I think it's meant as a simple warning from XANA; nothing too serious or life-threatening, just a little "Hello, I'm back."

Soundtrack: Have you ever seen “Contagion” or “Outbreak?” They’re movies about viral epidemics, disease. Those kinds of movies have a very distinct soundtrack to them: It’s heavily synthesized, very staccato and also very eerie. Because, you know, the whole movie is usually about mass death across the world. So it should be.
And that’s what comes to mind when I hear the soundtrack for this episode, especially the scene where they’re heading back to the factory for the first time. The music during that scene just sounded like something straight out of “Contagion.” And guess what? XANA is a virus. So good going, Moonscoop. I hope they release this.

Ulumi: Want my honest opinion? Way too much shoved in our faces. But maybe that's because I really only care about Jerlita.

And Jerlita? A lot of us, including myself, are afraid they've pushed it aside and it's become a thing of the past. But then if you look deeper, you'll see we actually do have some jerlita going down in this first episode with the way he turns on the computer just for her and lets her go to lyoko just to see her father again. We'll have to really look further in this series to see our ship, but that's how it always was anyways; any feelings Jeremie shows for her is showing through actions.

So, there are a few minor complaints, but it's only the first episode and might I remind you that the original pilot for season 1 wasn't so great either. The good defo outweighs the bad and I think it will grow on us quickly and improve throughout the season Wink
gummibar
gummibar
Hornet
Hornet

Female Posts : 21

http://www.ichbineingummibar.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tsunamix Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:18 pm

Finally saw the episode.

All I can say is that I'm impressed.

I'll make a more coherent review in an episode of Sworn to Secrecy that will air later next month.
Tsunamix
Tsunamix
Manta
Manta

Back to top Go down

Post by cya6 Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:45 am

I really liked it. The more I watched it, the more I was like "I actually like this!"

There were points where it seemed to drag a bit, but that was mostly: Odd flying around on the overboard jabbering in french, short clip to Ulrich and Yumi, back to Odd, flying around jabber, short clip to Jim, back to Odd jabbering, short clip to Jim and Ulrich and Yumi, back to Odd.

It wouldn't seem that way if I understood him, so I'm fine with that.

I liked Aelita's flying scenes, she looks pretty cool. Ulrich and Yumi I really like the actors. Odd's ok, he looks a bit young, but that's to be expected. There gonna have problems when his voice drops, though XD

I really liked the martial artist scene and I thought Jim did a very good Jim.

Overall, really liked it.

Now I gotta watch the subbed version Razz
cya6
cya6
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Female Posts : 3491

Character Sheet
First episode of Code Lyoko Evolution Left_bar_bleue0/0First episode of Code Lyoko Evolution Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Luce 333 Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:53 am

Even though I do kind of wish that we could’ve seen something about Lara, Alan Meyer, or any of the new things, I still like the episode. I love how Ulrick & Yumi’s sparring sort of nods to a similar scene in XANA Awakens!
Stella Luce 333
Stella Luce 333
Spectre
Spectre

Female Posts : 2637

Character Sheet
First episode of Code Lyoko Evolution Left_bar_bleue7/17First episode of Code Lyoko Evolution Empty_bar_bleue  (7/17)
First episode of Code Lyoko Evolution Left_bar_bleue3/3First episode of Code Lyoko Evolution Empty_bar_bleue  (3/3)

http://www.fanfiction.net/~stellaluce333

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:07 pm

Now that I have finally finished watching the very first episode, reading everyone's input is nice. Not that much to add except Lyoko coming back to life (while brief) looked cool.

Oh, and I am surprised no one made this reference:

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down