Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.
Xana's Lair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Q&A: Some Clarification

Go down

Q&A: Some Clarification Empty Q&A: Some Clarification

Post by SeeMeInTheShadows Mon May 14, 2012 5:54 pm

Q&A

To clear up some things. These questions are both real and made up with some handy information.

Q: Who can nominate fics?
A: Any member of Xana's Lair may.

Q: Can only XL members be nominated?
A: Nope. This is a fandom-wide fanfiction awards and we want to see the best everyone has to offer.

Q: Can you nominate your own fic?
A: You can. Should you? Probably not.

Q: How are the winners decided?
A: Judges will be picked based on a couple of different tests and will work as a group to decide the winners.

Q: Will the non-judge members have a role?
A: Yes. Your job is to nominate fics. You will also be able to vote for the “Best Fanfiction” category.

Q: Is there a limit too how large the stories may be?
A: Nope. The only limit is the drabble category, where it must be under 500 words according to Microsoft word.

Q: When do they end?
A: June 15th.

Q: How many stories can one person submit?
A: We would prefer around two per category.

Q: What will the stories be judged on?
A: We will judge on how they fit into their category, but a large emphasize will be placed on quality, including grammar, mechanics, spelling, characterizations, etc.

Q: How long will judging take?
A: Depends on how many stories. We want our judges to make sure they come to the right decision, so, as a guestimate, we’re looking at around a month.

Q: Can any story be nominated or does it have to be from a certain date on?
A: Any story. We’d prefer to have a mix of the old an the new because we want to be sure to include the whole fandom.

Q: Do the stories have to be on fanfiction.net?
A: Nope. Anywhere stories are posted is fine.

Q: The story I'm nominating doesn't fit into any of the categories you have?
A: This is the first year we are doing fanfiction awards, and because of this, we don't have that many categories. Put your nomination in the category it fits best into, or, if you have any questions, feel free to ask other members for their opinion in the discussion thread/contact me. Also, there are possible categories that would fit into each real category inside each of the nomination threads.

Q: Do I have to contact the person nominated?
A: No, we will handle that.

If there are any more questions, feel free to PM me. I will post them here as they come in.
SeeMeInTheShadows
SeeMeInTheShadows
Mistress of Butterflies
Mistress of Butterflies

Female Posts : 4157

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1664845/

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum