Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.
Xana's Lair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Lyoko] 2 v 1 Boss Battle

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[Lyoko] 2 v 1 Boss Battle Empty [Lyoko] 2 v 1 Boss Battle

Post by Atlas Sat May 05, 2012 10:07 pm

KC and Cain are virtualized into a small white and blue room, with no noticeable doors or other exits. The monotony is soon interrupted by a small Colossus-calss monster, only adorned in red flames and around a third of the size.

You only have a few moments before it begins its attack.
Atlas
Atlas
Admin (Atlas)
Admin (Atlas)

Male Posts : 5304

Character Sheet
Health::
[Lyoko] 2 v 1 Boss Battle Left_bar_bleue5/10[Lyoko] 2 v 1 Boss Battle Empty_bar_bleue  (5/10)
Energy::
[Lyoko] 2 v 1 Boss Battle Left_bar_bleue4/12[Lyoko] 2 v 1 Boss Battle Empty_bar_bleue  (4/12)
Experience::
[Lyoko] 2 v 1 Boss Battle Left_bar_bleue0/5[Lyoko] 2 v 1 Boss Battle Empty_bar_bleue  (0/5)

Back to top Go down

[Lyoko] 2 v 1 Boss Battle Empty Re: [Lyoko] 2 v 1 Boss Battle

Post by SMARTAgentKC Sun May 06, 2012 12:14 am

KC looked at the boss and whistled "rock on now this look like a tough customer but like a math problem there's always some sort of solution. Target Lock, Scan Boss!"

(Inspect Creature)
SMARTAgentKC
SMARTAgentKC
Tarantula
Tarantula

Male Posts : 542

Character Sheet
[Lyoko] 2 v 1 Boss Battle Left_bar_bleue0/0[Lyoko] 2 v 1 Boss Battle Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)
[Lyoko] 2 v 1 Boss Battle Left_bar_bleue0/0[Lyoko] 2 v 1 Boss Battle Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post by Railen Sun May 06, 2012 12:14 am

The member 'SMARTAgentKC' has done the following action : Roll the dice!

'd20' : 20
Railen
Railen
Spectre
Spectre

Female Posts : 2918

Character Sheet
[Lyoko] 2 v 1 Boss Battle Left_bar_bleue22/22[Lyoko] 2 v 1 Boss Battle Empty_bar_bleue  (22/22)
[Lyoko] 2 v 1 Boss Battle Left_bar_bleue1/1[Lyoko] 2 v 1 Boss Battle Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

http://www.xanaslair.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Raiken Mon May 07, 2012 1:42 am

ooc: O, I see it now. Thanks dude. I guess since I can't do it while editing a post I do it now?

Cain nodded as KC prepared his strategy, "Alright then, I'll let you handle the front. I'll try to flank him."

He twirled his twin tonfa blades into reverse as he crouched low, shifting his weight forward as he dashed forward and leapt, aiming to get behind the monster.

(Speed and Jump)
Raiken
Raiken
Hornet
Hornet

Male Posts : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by Railen Mon May 07, 2012 1:42 am

The member 'Raiken' has done the following action : Roll the dice!

#1 'd20' : 6

--------------------------------

#2 'd20' : 6
Railen
Railen
Spectre
Spectre

Character Sheet
[Lyoko] 2 v 1 Boss Battle Left_bar_bleue22/22[Lyoko] 2 v 1 Boss Battle Empty_bar_bleue  (22/22)
[Lyoko] 2 v 1 Boss Battle Left_bar_bleue1/1[Lyoko] 2 v 1 Boss Battle Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlas Mon May 07, 2012 7:23 pm

KC gets a very good result at observing the creature.

In the meantime, Cain stumbles a bit, but manages to get into a decent jog. His jump is too lackluster to get him the result he wanted though, so he ends up to the side of the monster.

The monster takes notice of Cain's fancy moves and tries to swipe at him with his flaming sword, but swings just a hair or two high to hit Cain.

-------
Inspect Stats:

Flaming Colossus
Level 1

HP: ?
Strength: 6
Hit Chance: 85%

Toughness: 2
Resistance: 1
Weak to: ?

Skills: ?

[Too bad you weren't a ranger.]
Atlas
Atlas
Admin (Atlas)
Admin (Atlas)

Character Sheet
[Lyoko] 2 v 1 Boss Battle Left_bar_bleue5/10[Lyoko] 2 v 1 Boss Battle Empty_bar_bleue  (5/10)
[Lyoko] 2 v 1 Boss Battle Left_bar_bleue4/12[Lyoko] 2 v 1 Boss Battle Empty_bar_bleue  (4/12)
[Lyoko] 2 v 1 Boss Battle Left_bar_bleue0/5[Lyoko] 2 v 1 Boss Battle Empty_bar_bleue  (0/5)

Back to top Go down

Post by SMARTAgentKC Tue May 08, 2012 1:12 am

(no HP stat come on. I can understand not giving me the skills of the monster and not giving me the weakness, but all sensors I've ever used always gave me a hit point number unless the monster is completely immune. The whole point of a sensor scan to get a name, a level and a HP stat.)

(and I'm tempted to create a ranger just because of this)

KC was moderately enlightened. "Flaming Colossus but the Hit point amount eludes me so I got at least one unknown. I know it does at least 6 damage per hit which is a nice amount of damage but it can miss. It's also tough a normal attack will most likely just bounce off. I wonder what I can use to deal some damage." He started to rub his chin as he thought and he started to feel a static build up. "hmm?" He removed his hand from his chin and his hand crackled with electrical energy. "electricity... hmm..." He looked at the Colossus and gained a smirk "Hey BIG TALL AND UGLY!" He called out "over here!"

(Intimidate)

SMARTAgentKC
SMARTAgentKC
Tarantula
Tarantula

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Railen Tue May 08, 2012 1:12 am

'd20' : 16
Railen
Railen
Spectre
Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Raiken Tue May 08, 2012 1:42 am

Cain sighed under his breath as the slash barely grazed his head, luckily still missing contact with his avatar, "Way too close for comfort. I'd better get a hit in quickly."

Taking note of KC trying to intimidate the Flaming Colossus he flicked his right tonfa blade forward, dashing to the side, "From here it should be slightly quicker to get behind it. Then maybe I can execute a surprise attack from behind."

(Speed)

Last edited by Raiken on Tue May 08, 2012 1:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Raiken
Raiken
Hornet
Hornet

Back to top Go down

Post by Railen Tue May 08, 2012 1:42 am

Railen
Railen
Spectre
Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlas Tue May 08, 2012 6:36 pm

KC's taunt is enough to sway the beast's attention, and he turns towards him and slashes his flaming sword.

He faces the same problem he did with his first attack: His opponents are very small, and thus difficult to hit with his massive sword. The strike falls far to the right of KC, which only causes him to stagger a bit.

However, while that attack was going on Cain took full advantage of his speed and the situation, and gets completely behind the Colossus.

When there, Cain notices that there are spots where the monster's armor seems to be missing, and takes the chance to attack. He delivers a powerful blow with his tonfas, but looking at it, it seems like he's done very little..

-------
STATUS UPDATE

Rewriting data:

Dire Colossus
Level 2

HP: 28
Energy: ?

Strength: 2

Toughness: 2, (?) more vs slashing
Block Chance: ?
Agility: 0%

Weaknesses: ?

Notes:
-Seems like it has difficulty hitting small targets.
-Armor is very study: Difficult to stab or slash through.
-Armor is missing in some areas on the creature's back. Reason unknown.
Atlas
Atlas
Admin (Atlas)
Admin (Atlas)

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Raiken Tue May 08, 2012 7:42 pm

Cain gritted his teeth as he felt his tonfa strike the creature, but its blade didn't cut as deep as he had hoped, "This guy's pretty tough, and it looks like if I try to slash, on its own this isn't gonna work."

He leapt back and brought his arms to the side, "Let's see how it handles this..." His vision focused in on the weaker parts of the Colossus' armor. From there he rocketed forward with his right (main) tonfa pointed forward, almost like a Superman flying punch.

(Speed plus Sonic Break)

ooc: I believe that's how to use a skill right?

Note: Aaaaand, well that's very unfortunate.

Last edited by Raiken on Tue May 08, 2012 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raiken
Raiken
Hornet
Hornet

Back to top Go down

Post by Railen Tue May 08, 2012 7:42 pm

'd20' : 1
Railen
Railen
Spectre
Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by SMARTAgentKC Tue May 08, 2012 9:10 pm

(flinch...)

KC flinched slightly when the blade came down "gee... I hate to get hit by that." He ran forward and aimmed to go behind the Collosus by going between the monsters legs

(speed!)
SMARTAgentKC
SMARTAgentKC
Tarantula
Tarantula

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Railen Tue May 08, 2012 9:10 pm

Railen
Railen
Spectre
Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlas Sat May 12, 2012 4:44 pm

Cain uses the new knowledge from his first attack to capitalize on his second effort. The hole in his armor completely forgoes his toughness and deals even more damage thanks to the Sonic Break he activated. The Tonfa sinks into the spot quite nicely.

Of note however is that his efforts have drained him of his strength, leaving him more vulnerable.

In the meantime KC performed a flawless execution of his planned maneuver, and while he couldn't get a hit in he is now behind the Dire Kolossus.

In response to the Tonfa blow the Kolossus starts to reel and try to kick off
Cain, which it does so with some effort.

It continues to roar and with some time the holes in his armor reveal their purpose: They are vents to disperse smoke throughout the area. A black smog fumes out from the many different holes in its back.

It only takes a few seconds, but the whole place is covered in a dark fog. You can't even see 5 feet in front of you anymore, let alone the monster, leaving you blind.

-------
Cain HP = 16
Cain Energy = 0 EXHAUSTED
Cain is blinded.

KC HP = 17
Energy = 3
KC is blinded.
-------
STATUS UPDATE

Rewriting data:

Dire Colossus
Level 2

HP: 23
Energy: ?

Strength: 2

Toughness: 2, (?) more vs slashing
Block Chance: ?
Agility: 0%

Weaknesses: ?

Notes:
-Seems like it has difficulty hitting small targets.
-Armor is very sturdy: Difficult to stab or slash through.
-Armor has holes designed to emit smog throughout the area.
-Armor has no effect when beast is struck in these weak areas.
Atlas
Atlas
Admin (Atlas)
Admin (Atlas)

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Raiken Sat May 12, 2012 6:38 pm

Cain landed on his feet after being shaken off by the Colossus, "Aw man what now?" As the smog completely blanketed the area Cain flipped his tonfa blades back into reverse, "Great I can't see my hand in front of my face. I don't want to be taking blind swipes at this guy. It'll only waste my time and may not even damage him. Gotta see if there's some way to get out of this smoke and restore my vision."

He decided to twirl his blades like a fan in the meantime while he figured out some kind of countermeasure, "That attack left me drained as well, this isn't looking good. I'd better stay on the defensive for now. For all I know this thing can't see me either, so if I keep moving it'll be more difficult for it to hit me."

He flipped his blades into reverse and sprinted right of the Colossus' last known standing location, "Let's see if it can keep up with a moving target."

He continued to try and speed up while also keeping an eye out for anything that might hit at an incoming attack.

(Speed and Reflexes)
Raiken
Raiken
Hornet
Hornet

Back to top Go down

Post by Railen Sat May 12, 2012 6:38 pm

'd20' : 3, 3
Railen
Railen
Spectre
Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by SMARTAgentKC Sat May 12, 2012 8:15 pm

KC coughed "Hey Wheezing" KC muttered "knock it off with the smokescreen" He took his thief blades and started to spin them. (yes the circular handle is designed to be able to spin the blades in your hand) creating a wind to try and blow away the smoke.

(Keen Eye!)
SMARTAgentKC
SMARTAgentKC
Tarantula
Tarantula

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Railen Sat May 12, 2012 8:15 pm

'd20' : 2
Railen
Railen
Spectre
Spectre

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Raiken Thu May 31, 2012 2:27 am

ooc:...?
Raiken
Raiken
Hornet
Hornet

Back to top Go down

Post by SMARTAgentKC Thu May 31, 2012 2:31 am

(Atlas hasn't done any updating for the current missions. He must be busy...)
SMARTAgentKC
SMARTAgentKC
Tarantula
Tarantula

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Raiken Thu May 31, 2012 1:14 pm

ooc: Fair enough.
Raiken
Raiken
Hornet
Hornet

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlas Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:33 pm

[KC got it right.]

You both attempt to fan the smoke away, but neither of you can make a noticeable dent into the fog. It just seems to move right back into the spaces you try to clear out.

The only thing it ultimately did was help the Colossus find you even more.
Before either of you can react, you can see his sword arm glow red as he swings it upward and then slam it down on the ground. A red streak of fire surges towards KC, who he didn't manage to blind.

KC suffer a grave injury, but avoids any lasting effects. Still, the blow was indeed powerful and you can't take a lot like them.

------
STATUS UPDATE

KC:
HP= 9

Cain:
Blind for 9 actions
Exhausted
Atlas
Atlas
Admin (Atlas)
Admin (Atlas)

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by SMARTAgentKC Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:27 am

KC groaned "that will leave a mark..." He muttered "this should help..." He used the potion that he had bought earlier to restore his HP.
SMARTAgentKC
SMARTAgentKC
Tarantula
Tarantula

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next