Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Xana's Lair
Welcome to the cave of the beast, brave adventurer. Dare you enter? If you do, please register an account and we'll see you at the mouth of the deep, dark cave.
Xana's Lair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So long, farewell, to you my friends.

+6
Coto524
Koneko on lyoko
aelitaxwilliam
Snickie
SeeMeInTheShadows
Soul Jelly
10 posters

Go down

So long, farewell, to you my friends. Empty So long, farewell, to you my friends.

Post by Soul Jelly Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:15 pm

(Goodbye for now, until we meet again~)

Hey everyone,
I haven't been all that active lately but as a fairly long-serving mod I think I deserved a bit of a goodbye post. So here it is!

Not really a surprise for many of you I'd expect, but I'd like to officially announce my resignation as admin/staff member at Xana's Lair. Things out there in the vast expanse of land outside the Internet are set to take off for me, and I don't have time to contribute here as a staff member any more without feeling guilty that I'm not doing enough, as I'm really not these days.

This place has been super fun. The drabbles and writing challenges encouraged me to pick up fanfiction again and the people unwittingly helped me through some bad times. (I would do a list of shoutouts but I'm sure you know who you all are.) From the chatbox to the discussion threads to the sector competitions to the general day-to-day exuberance, I've had so much more fun than I thought I would rejoining the Code Lyoko fandom, and so much of that is down to XL.

So, even though a lot's changed since I first got here, I just wanted to say thanks everyone who's made this place what it is.

I'll still stop by now and then, but you're more likely to reach me on tumblr (tehjelly) or Skype (souljelly). Feel free to add me if you'd like to keep in touch.

It's been real, folks. I mean it.
Take care <3

Soul
Soul Jelly
Soul Jelly
Scyphozoa
Scyphozoa

Back to top Go down

So long, farewell, to you my friends. Empty Re: So long, farewell, to you my friends.

Post by SeeMeInTheShadows Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:18 pm

Au revoir, Soul. (jk really because I definitely talk to you on skype more than I do here since I can't really say I'm the most active member at the moment, can I?) You're a fantastic person and a fantastic staff member and I love you. <3
SeeMeInTheShadows
SeeMeInTheShadows
Mistress of Butterflies
Mistress of Butterflies

Female Posts : 4157

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1664845/

Back to top Go down

So long, farewell, to you my friends. Empty Re: So long, farewell, to you my friends.

Post by Snickie Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:22 pm

Soul.... Sad Sad Sad Sad 
I'LL MISS YOU GOOD BUDDY!
I'm not on Skype very often, but I'd just like to remind you...
MAKE SURE YOUR FLIP-FLOPS STAY PERFECTLY POLISHED WHILE YOU'RE PLAYING WATER POLO IN THE GYM!!! <3

And I will resume active work on Readon.  Eventually. Lol.
Snickie
Snickie
Admin (Snickie)
Admin (Snickie)

Female Posts : 3198

http://snickiedude@deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by aelitaxwilliam Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:31 pm

There was a really sappy post written up, but then I saw my Skype notifications from you two...this is not the end!

you've been a great mod, and even though I never participated in many, you were the driving force behind our story section for a long time. You're always friendly on chatbox and when talking to others, and you've really been someone who's both approachable and helpful within the community. I adore your writing (ofc), and I adore you even more (see what I did there DID YOU SEE IT)

I wish you all the luck with whatever you choose to do next, and who knows-maybe we'll see your name in bookstores someday. <3
aelitaxwilliam
aelitaxwilliam
Moderator (Desert Sector)
Moderator (Desert Sector)

Female Posts : 4579

Character Sheet
Health::
So long, farewell, to you my friends. Left_bar_bleue14/18So long, farewell, to you my friends. Empty_bar_bleue  (14/18)
Energy::
So long, farewell, to you my friends. Left_bar_bleue4/5So long, farewell, to you my friends. Empty_bar_bleue  (4/5)
Experience::
So long, farewell, to you my friends. Left_bar_bleue0/0So long, farewell, to you my friends. Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:57 pm

Until we meet again. This world is way too small for goodbyes. I have to admit though, seeing the title made me sad. You will be missed.

What you leave behind isn't what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others.

I am sure you'll do just great in whatever you're going to do. It's been a pleasure.

Back to top Go down

Post by Koneko on lyoko Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:09 pm

First, Soul that song, I loved that show as a kid. 

Anyway, Soul, you've been such an awesome mod/admin/member/everything xD and I second the fact the you were the driving force behind the writing section. 

I wish you luck for whatever life brings you outside of the internet and come back some time ok :3
Koneko on lyoko
Koneko on lyoko
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Female Posts : 3243

Character Sheet
So long, farewell, to you my friends. Left_bar_bleue19/19So long, farewell, to you my friends. Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
So long, farewell, to you my friends. Left_bar_bleue1/1So long, farewell, to you my friends. Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)
So long, farewell, to you my friends. Left_bar_bleue0/0So long, farewell, to you my friends. Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

http://kageyamas-hinata.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Coto524 Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:13 pm

You have been a good friend and an awesome mod and also one of my few fellow Brits. Bye for now, but I expect I'll stalk you on Tumblr some time soon.
Coto524
Coto524
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Male Posts : 3955

Character Sheet
So long, farewell, to you my friends. Left_bar_bleue19/19So long, farewell, to you my friends. Empty_bar_bleue  (19/19)
So long, farewell, to you my friends. Left_bar_bleue9/9So long, farewell, to you my friends. Empty_bar_bleue  (9/9)

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlas Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:33 pm

You deserve way more than just a goodbye post Soul. It's a shame things just wouldn't go into place for you to want to stick around but hey, this is a internet fansite and I don't blame you for having priorities.

I'll personally see if I can get something special put together for you as you've been an integral part of XL. Please wait until then!
Atlas
Atlas
Admin (Atlas)
Admin (Atlas)

Male Posts : 5304

Character Sheet
So long, farewell, to you my friends. Left_bar_bleue5/10So long, farewell, to you my friends. Empty_bar_bleue  (5/10)
So long, farewell, to you my friends. Left_bar_bleue4/12So long, farewell, to you my friends. Empty_bar_bleue  (4/12)
So long, farewell, to you my friends. Left_bar_bleue0/5So long, farewell, to you my friends. Empty_bar_bleue  (0/5)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:32 am

Alright folks, I can't know the truth and hide it from you. SJ was bitter because of 4th of July and decided to leave.

Back to top Go down

Post by cya6 Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:24 am

How is it that you can make friends on the internet, and still have them leave you?  You can make them on the most abstract and omnipresent level possible, and still have them leave.
We'll miss you.  So much.  Good luck with your endeavors.
cya6
cya6
Polymorphic Spectre
Polymorphic Spectre

Female Posts : 3491

Character Sheet

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Luce 333 Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:46 am

I hope you visit often, & keep writing…We’ll miss you!
Stella Luce 333
Stella Luce 333
Spectre
Spectre

Female Posts : 2637

Character Sheet
So long, farewell, to you my friends. Left_bar_bleue7/17So long, farewell, to you my friends. Empty_bar_bleue  (7/17)
So long, farewell, to you my friends. Left_bar_bleue3/3So long, farewell, to you my friends. Empty_bar_bleue  (3/3)

http://www.fanfiction.net/~stellaluce333

Back to top Go down

Post by drpdrp97 Mon May 23, 2022 11:41 am

bye soul jelly
drpdrp97
drpdrp97
Megatank
Megatank

Male Posts : 311

Character Sheet

http://theairforce.shivtr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down